Prison Guards Who Boiled A Schizophrenic Man to Death not charged by State Attorney

Florida judges may be removed in one of two ways:
  • Judges may be impeached by a two-thirds vote of the house of representatives and convicted by a two-thirds vote of the senate.
If this judge has a history of these sorts of rulings, especially in the face of evidence of guilt, then governor should be pressured to have Florida's senator call for a Congressional or Scotus review of the judge with an eye toward censure or removal.

It's not the judge, it's the Prosecuter. The State Attorney has refused to even charge them with a crime.

Now let's watch the people of the free world, defend the guards as authority never has to be questioned!

I'm no prison water heater expert but 2 hours for a water heater to maintain that temp doesn't seem possible.

I could never be a prison guard. For one, these prisoners are already being punished by being caged. Who the hell am I to make their lives miserable on top of that?

One account says he was forced to stand in boiling water and cooked alive while the guards pointed and laughed (this doesn't pass the fake news intuition test).

Another says he refused to stand in the water at all so they 'punished' him by locking him in there and walking off. This sounds a little bit more feasible.

Figure they couldn't let him out until he cleaned the feces off of himself but was refusing to bathe. So it turned into a game of endurance and they cranked up the steam.

It's quite common to faint even in a normal hot shower if you're sick or in poor health. This is a schizophrenic man booked on drug charges and covered in his own poopoo. They probably stopped paying attention to him due to the duration of his fit, didn't notice when he lost consciousness, and he was pulled out looking like a raisin.

It takes a special kind of human being to consciously, deliberately, boil another person alive. So I highly doubt that is what happened.

But there are a lot of crimes the guards could have been charged with other than torture and murder. For example negligent homicide, or depraved indifference.

Those guards were there in part to PROTECT Rainey. Their behavior should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen because of their job capacity.

Shit, even if you are not going to charge the fuckers, at least fire them for fuck sakes. At the very least they were derelict in their duty. None of them were fired. All 4 of these guards still have their law enforcement certifications. 2 are still guards in Miami Dade, one is a cop, and one is now a Federal corrections officer.

When something like this happens, and the perps are given no consequence, nothing......it really is beyond the pale.

Last edited:
A dead body with skin peeling off seems like pretty strong evidence.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...a-shower-florida-prosecutor-finds-no-wrongdoi

Baden is a fame whore and he would have nothing to say if he agreed with everything--did it say he reviewed the death scene and autopsy photos? He even did Michael Brown's case. Anyway, any time you remove a dead person from a shower or other source of water, you look out for some possible skin so you actually grab a little harder. Skin can start peeling from a living person's fingertips in a shorter shower that doesn't seem too hot.

Isn't this sort of burying the lead? Like it would have been OK to lock a guy in a shower for two hours if the shower was up to regs?

It wouldn't be okay, but it would be crucial in culpability if there was guilt. The original story posted seems like total fake news.

I am not sure how they are supposed to handle a case like this. Is it better to play the waiting game or should he be cleaned with force? Then he might have had his heart attack (what he died from) while they were holding him down and all of the sudden the fake news journalist takes on a different story. How big was the shower he was in? Was it a group shower like you see in a prison movie or was he in direct, unavoidable contact with the water? Did the water even play a role in his death and how long was he really in there for?

The article in the OP wasn't really listing many facts, but lots of hearsay and conjecture.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article139206653.html
Give this a read and you'll see that the "evidence" listed in the article given by OP is hearsay at best, and outright bullshit for the most part.

Your article is fake news, hearsay and conjecture. You obviously have not even been educated well enough to use the words hearsay and conjecture properly.... because that's what you've been posting his entire time lol. What an idiot....

The death is suspicious but there was no evidence of burns.

I had a friend that was killed where I worked by scalding over most of his body and he walked out of the work area but collapsed and the swelling was already very pronounced over his body so it's not something you would miss.

There is no evidence so how are you going to prosecute.

This State Attorney didn't build her career off of prosecuting police or any uniform on her side of the fence she's never brought charges on anyone who has worked for the system why would she start now ? As for the evidence a man died locked in a shower for 2 full hours in temperatures hot enough to boil an egg tell me one good reason why they would pressure the family to destroy the evidence via cremation why it would take 5 years for them to decide not to prosecute the parties involved and why anyone at this point would trust a medical report from a system that's obviously trying to cover up its own crimes..

Last edited:
Your article is fake news, hearsay and conjecture. You obviously have not even been educated well enough to use the words hearsay and conjecture properly.... because that's what you've been posting his entire time lol. What an idiot....

not-sure-joker-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

It takes a special kind of human being to consciously, deliberately, boil another person alive. So I highly doubt that is what happened.

But there are a lot of crimes the guards could have been charged with other than torture and murder. For example negligent homicide, or depraved indifference.

Those guards were there in part to PROTECT Rainey. Their behavior should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen because of their job capacity.

Shit, even if you are not going to charge the fuckers, at least fire them for fuck sakes. At the very least they were derelict in their duty. None of them were fired. All 4 of these guards still have their law enforcement certifications. 2 are still guards in Miami Dade, one is a cop, and one is now a Federal corrections officer.

When something like this happens, and the perps are given no consequence, nothing......it really is beyond the pale.

Well, you know, if you have no evidence to charge these guys, how could you lawfully fire them? The problem with this whole situation is there is an overwhelming LACK of evidence. It doesn't appear as though the report by the investigators has been released to the public, but if there was anything of substance in there I think we'd see a different outcome.

Like I said learn what you type before you type it, then you'll sound less stupid when you do.

Did you write the article you posted in OP? If not, why are your panties in a bunch over this? There is a severe lack of evidence and most of what the article you posted claims is hearsay. Just because the article says something that doesn't mean it's true. This was a headline to get views and traffic to their site.

Did you write the article you posted in OP? If not, why are your panties in a bunch over this? There is a severe lack of evidence and most of what the article you posted claims is hearsay. Just because the article says something that doesn't mean it's true. This was a headline to get views and traffic to their site.

No it wasn't actually it was a headline based on what happened to be a fact. Maybe you can't read or you live in your own imaginary world where you think your hearsay and conjecture triumphs over actual facts. If you're going to complain about hearsay and conjecture don't actually bring up hearsay and conjecture to try and further your own opinions because that just makes you look stupider than you already are.

This State Attorney didn't build her career off of prosecuting police or any uniform on her side of the fence she's never brought charges on anyone who has worked for the system why would she start now ? As for the evidence a man died locked in a shower for 2 full hours in temperatures hot enough to boil an egg tell me one good reason why they would pressure the family to destroy the evidence via cremation why it would take 5 years for them to decide not to prosecute the parties involved and why anyone at this point would trust a medical report from a system that's obviously trying to cover up its own crimes..

See, you're a clown, so now I understand your avatar. Look, where's the EVIDENCE that any of that happened? What evidence do you have that 180F water was sprayed on this man for 2 hours? Considering the medical examiner said there was NO EVIDENCE of thermal injury that claim is highly contested. Also, he died of a heart attack, not from asphyxia or dehydration (often burns severe enough to cause immediate death will trigger these things). Second, what EVIDENCE is there that the family was pressured to cremate the remains? Just because the article says something that doesn't mean it's a fact. As for the time frame I can't say because I wasn't part of the investigatory body, but what we keep seeing here is a lack of EVIDENCE.

No it wasn't actually it was a headline based on what happened to be a fact. Maybe you can't read or you live in your own imaginary world where you think your hearsay and conjecture triumphs over actual facts. If you're going to complain about hearsay and conjecture don't actually bring up hearsay and conjecture to try and further your own opinions because that just makes you look stupider than you already are.

EVIDENCE : do you understand what that means? A poorly written article with many claims, but no proof, IS NOT EVIDENCE.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/02/the-torturing-of-mentally-ill-prisoners

According to this article, psychotherapists noticed that the prisoners in the mental ward were mistreated. The guards allegedly denied them access to the yard and kept them locked up perpetually, made fun of the prisoners who had been raped, occasionally beat them up, prevented relatives from seeing them based on false security claims, etc. The "shower treatment" was apparently common - Rainey was just the first guy to die from it. I'm not sure how much I trust the article since it's written with a lot of flourish - the author is trying to strike emotional chords, which I find inherently suspicious. But guards neglecting prisoners in the crazies ward is very plausible. I don't buy that he had burns everywhere, the other prisoners who received the "shower treatment" didn't. But I buy that he might have lost consciousness and accidentally suffocated or something like that, that seems very plausible.

See, you're a clown, so now I understand your avatar. Look, where's the EVIDENCE that any of that happened? What evidence do you have that 180F water was sprayed on this man for 2 hours? Considering the medical examiner said there was NO EVIDENCE of thermal injury that claim is highly contested. Also, he died of a heart attack, not from asphyxia or dehydration (often burns severe enough to cause immediate death will trigger these things). Second, what EVIDENCE is there that the family was pressured to cremate the remains? Just because the article says something that doesn't mean it's a fact. As for the time frame I can't say because I wasn't part of the investigatory body, but what we keep seeing here is a lack of EVIDENCE.

Where is the evidence of the medical examiners report ? did you read the full report did you read through it all? So apparently to you the man just up and died from a heart attack when in fact from 2012 to 2014 no cause of death was determined but after the body was cremated they were able to determine he died from a heart attack right correct? He wasn't locked in a hot shower for 2 hours based on what the actual guards and other prisoners had stated themselves ? his body temperature wasn't so high that it couldn't even be registered with a thermometer And his skin didn't fall off at the touch.based on what the actual nurses stated ?

Miami Herald

So lets just live in your imaginary world for a minute and lets make believe none of this ever happened the way the evidence points to it happening lets pretend it didn't happen why don't you tell everyone how it really happened?

Last edited:
Where is the evidence of the medical examiners report ? did you read the full report did you read through it all? So apparently to you the man just up and died from a heart attack when in fact from 2012 to 2014 no cause of death was determined but after the body was cremated they were able to determine he died from a heart attack right correct? He wasn't locked in a hot shower for 2 hours based on what the actual guards and other prisoners had stated themselves ? his body temperature wasn't so high that it couldn't even be registered with a thermometer And his skin didn't fall off at the touch.based on the actual nurses stated ?

So lets just live in your imaginary world for a minute and lets make believe none of this ever happened the way the evidence points to it happening lets pretend it didn't happen why don't you tell everyone how it really happened?

Here's the ME... are you assuming this person is lying to further protect the conspiracy?

Dr. Emma Lew, Miami-Dade’s medical examiner, was emphatic, however, that Rainey did not suffer burns of any kind, and there was no evidence of any trauma on his body, according to the state attorney’s report issued Friday.
Lew, the medical examiner, noted that people with schizophrenia have an impaired ability to compensate for “heat stress” and that this, combined with the powerful medication he was taking, could have contributed to hyperthermia and created a predisposition to cardiac arrest.

She attributed his skin slippage to as an event that happened post-mortem consistent with “exposure to a warm, moist environment” and the effects of changes during the early stages of body decomposition.

Then you've also got the main "witness" here and here's what your investigation says about him.

State investigators said they didn’t find Hempstead to be credible because his timeline was at odds with events reflected on a video surveillance camera. Also, Hempstead could not have seen some of the things he claimed to have seen because his window was covered with paper for part of that time. The document suggests he pressured other inmates to report things that didn’t happen, pointing out that many of the inmates’ statements were “inconsistent with the testimony of correctional personnel, all of the nurses, as well as the physical evidence.”

All I'm really saying here is that there are so many inconsistencies that how in the flying fuck would anybody be able to prosecute this case? The family cremated the body, who knows if they were truly pressured to do so as the article suggests. What is a prosecutor supposed to do here... there is absolutely no evidence beyond the statements from a few inmates in a mental ward. I'm not saying all of this is a lie, but I am saying that people with impaired mental faculties can't always be considered credible.

Well, you know, if you have no evidence to charge these guys, how could you lawfully fire them? The problem with this whole situation is there is an overwhelming LACK of evidence. It doesn't appear as though the report by the investigators has been released to the public, but if there was anything of substance in there I think we'd see a different outcome.

Are you shitting me?????? There are many, MANY things you can fire a person for that are not against the law.

You don't need evidence of criminal wrongdoing to fire a person. You can fire them just because they are not doing a good job. You can just say, 'Hey, you took this guy to the shower. He died. You are supposed to make sure they don't die when you take them to the shower. Your fired." Florida is an 'at will' employment state. They could legally fire these guys for liking the Gators as opposed to the Seminoles.

Back