Prison fights different since the UFC?

Ive met alot of inmates well versed in the grappling arts since the 90s, very useful in close quarters like a cell, not so good if it spills out into the yard

They are all fans of The Ax Murderer, dat rape choke.

Let's ask this asshole...
war_machine_060315_p_0.jpg

In about 36 years...

tumblr_m4lq4k3owZ1rx0l8xo1_500.gif

Ok Lats... before the UFC when had you seen a Von Flue, superman, or standing head and arm triangle among others?
I utilized all of them in my bare fisted empty pool fights in Brazil in '89

Spoiler alert: Rickson Gracie is not undefeated

{<hhh]

Btw, it's called an Air Lats choke. Von Flue learned it be watching me choke him out.

Fighting has never been about the bigger guy beating the smaller guy.
A lot of really big guys don't hit as hard as you would expect them to and aren't fast. Now if they get a hold of you it's not going to be a good day.

This is where throws, trips and slams can play a role I think.

MMA basically just taught the world how to do a rear naked choke if you get the chance.
Is normal

Ive met alot of inmates well versed in the grappling arts since the 90s, very useful in close quarters like a cell, not so good if it spills out into the yard

Exactly what I was guessing.

Once I had to put a friend who was 6'7" (I'm 5'10) to sleep because he was waaay toooo drunk and out of control, let the choke out right before he went out. He said a few profane words then dozed off.

Next day, he calls me, not remembering a thing and apologized for passing out on me. If he only knew... he really did.

Steel, concrete and confined spaces are a game changer.

Stephens Thompson would get murdered in a prison cell.

I used to lose most of my prison fights before the UFC was a thing. Nowadays I knock the other inmates out with showtime kicks and flying knees.

I utilized all of them in my bare fisted empty pool fights in Brazil in '89

Spoiler alert: Rickson Gracie is not undefeated

{<hhh]

Btw, it's called an Air Lats choke. Von Flue learned it be watching me choke him out.

Empty pool fights? Now that sounds entirely badass. Any mats on those sandpaper surfaces?

When did you choke Jason out? That's one of my favorite chokes! Was going to do it on a bully on the streets of SF
(two blocks from Ralph Gracie's studio on Howard street)
But my forehead was too close to the sidewalk and I didn't want him flopping around trying to escape and scrapping up my face, so I mounted him and was going to finish him with a lapel choke.

But I accidentally tore off his cheap wife-beater tank top, and he ran away through traffic with his mouth bleeding and his shirt hanging off of him.

I was like nooooooo! Really wanted to Von Flue... I mean Air Lat that fool!

I win all my prison fights with flying armbars.

I got out in 2011 & it was still mostly sloppy brawls but ppl were going for submissions when it hit the ground, I had seen guillotines, side chokes, rnc's, etc. end fights, there are places off camera where you can fight if you choose to, if you don't look for problems, you won't find any.. never seen or heard of anyone getting raped honestly, it's like summer camp for retarded people mostly

if you don't look for problems, you won't find any.. never seen or heard of anyone getting raped honestly, it's like summer camp for retarded people mostly

May I ask where you were incarcerated?

So what's going on behind the scenes?

Swinging for the fences only?
Swinging for the fences, stomping when they're down, metal locks attached to belts or socks, and starting fights in crowded areas where you know it'll get broken up before anything really gets going smh

I got out in 2011 & it was still mostly sloppy brawls but ppl were going for submissions when it hit the ground, I had seen guillotines, side chokes, rnc's, etc. end fights, there are places off camera where you can fight if you choose to, if you don't look for problems, you won't find any.. never seen or heard of anyone getting raped honestly, it's like summer camp for retarded people mostly

Seems like a crisp slam would get the job done!

Back