Prior to this weekend, why had nobody criticized Perry's coaches?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We on Sherdog seem to be very observant o f ridiculously poor coaching.

We've had some gems over the years:

- Edmond Tarverdyan coaching Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne (head moooment!!!)

- Owen Roddy and John Kavanagh (coaching Conor against Floyd lol, no actual boxing coach, wow.)

- Uriah Faber coaching anyone (yeah, you're doing good, throw that knee kick, yeah, more.)

- Ido Portal (movement coaching is important, freedom of the body blah, blah, blah)

- Chris Weidman's dad (he's still my boyyy!)

- Chris Eubank Jr. (no coaches, just his dad staring at him intently in the corner)

Like seriously let this sink in... Mike Perry is coached and cornered by his girlfriend, his fucking girlfriend. Excuse my ignorance if she is some superstar kickboxer that I've completely overlooked, but I'm pretty damn sure that she isn't. A few yoga classes and she's shouting out instructions for you in a fight, it's like she's his head coach, the other dude in the corner literally just whispers stuff in her ear for her to shout at Mike.

Mike deserves to be grilled non-stop for this pathetic shit, a girlfriend as your coach. Wow-wee!

I honestly thought that shit would of been rectified after his last fight.

I didn't expect to see her there again.

"Break his leg, Show him your strength".

{<jordan}

- Owen Roddy and John Kavanagh (coaching Conor against Floyd lol, no actual boxing coach, wow.)

- Uriah Faber coaching anyone (yeah, you're doing good, throw that knee kick, yeah, more)

- Ido Portal (movement coaching is important, freedom of the body blah, blah, blah)

- Chris Eubank Jr. (no coaches, just his dad staring at him intently in the corner)

Like seriously let this sink in... Mike Perry is coached and cornered by his girlfriend, his fucking girlfriend. Excuse my ignorance if she is some superstar kickboxer that I've completely overlooked, but I'm pretty damn sure that she isn't. A few yoga classes and she's shouting out instructions for you in a fight, it's like she's his head coach, the other dude in the corner literally just whispers stuff in her ear for her to shout at Mike.

Mike deserves to be grilled non-stop for this pathetic shit, a girlfriend as your coach. Wow-wee!
Bruce Jenner became his own wife and nobody bats an eye...
1512144567124.jpg

I honestly thought that shit would of been rectified after his last fight.

I didn't expect to see her there again.

"Break his leg, Show him your strength".

{<jordan}
"Throw that kick... YESSS, break that leg"

Man, it's just too much.

Perrys girl is a tennis player and perry thinks its a great idea to have her in his corner

- Uriah Faber coaching anyone (yeah, you're doing good, throw that knee kick, yeah, more)

I know I did. After his last fight, I made statement saying that his girlfriend was going to ruin his fighting career. She is an Instagram model trying to attach herself to his name to gain followers, and use him as a platform.

Yes, I am sure it is a mutually beneficial relationship for both them in other areas of life, but in fighting, my opinion is that she is a distraction. Great athletes keep their women in the background where they belong.

Let her take care of the books and other super important background business decisions. You don't need her to be cage side when you are going to work, especially, when she has no expertise in that area of your life.

Bruce Jenner became his own wife and nobody bats an eye...
View attachment 346893
Them decathlete legs.

giphy.gif

Disagree with Eubanks dad.

He literally saved someones life. But yeah, I agree that was a ridiculous fail on our part.

I cannot believe his Mrs cornered him. If she had of been good then fair enough. But she's not. So he's fucking stupid.

Disagree with Eubanks dad.

He literally saved someones life. But yeah, I agree that was a ridiculous fail on our part.

I cannot believe his Mrs cornered him. If she had of been good then fair enough. But she's not. So he's fucking stupid.
When you say Eubank saved someone's life, what does that have to do with his ability to coach his son?

Because "Break the leg" is meme worthy

i believe i had

Perry's fans silence any rational & logical thought. The guy trains at a UFC gym for women who want to lose the baby fat.

Sometimes you are blinded by your own desires. His heart is in the right place.

I was going to say Jake Matthews but his performance against the Leech earned my respect

Back