principal: "kids who are bullied need to be less annoying"; cyber-bullying and digital self harm

ASShole, I am talking about in person bullying. Kids are literally trapped with their tormenters, and people like you give no cares. Getting beatings at school all the time, getting called names every hour of every day is not in any way a good thing. You want the victim to fight back? How in fuck is that going to work when the victim of physical abuse is almost always smaller and weaker then his tormentor? Here is a clue. IT wont.

Yeah, I remember. It isn't a new thing.

Life is tough. If you think it is a good idea to cover the world in bubble wrap until they are 18, and release them into the world to deal with reality, I disagree.

Bullying goes on in my workplace, and every job I have ever had. It happens in every social situation you could be in.

Bullying is a part of life.

Now, should we allow that to go unchecked? That is a different conversation, but this zero tolerance for bullying, is just a different form of bullying.

but this zero tolerance for bullying, is just a different form of bullying.
J6LdUIJ.gif

"This zero tolerance towards child trafficking, is just another kind of child trafficking."

-Kenny "Baby Nuts" Boeing

That was a really unintelligent statement by the principal. Kids definitely don't need to be annoying to get bullied. Generally it's the kids that deviate in some form, which may just be looking different, and they get picked on by others. It's also often shy and weaker kids that are easy victims, and being shy and quiet is pretty much the opposite of being annoying.

Bullying is however something that's very easily the cause of the victims not having a chance to learn social behavior, so it looks like the principal isn't bright enough to separate cause and effect properly.

Life is tough. If you think it is a good idea to cover the world in bubble wrap until they are 18, and release them into the world to deal with reality, I disagree.

Bullying goes on in my workplace, and every job I have ever had. It happens in every social situation you could be in.

Now, should we allow that to go unchecked? That is a different conversation, but this zero tolerance for bullying, is just a different form of bullying.

It sounds like you've been working with people that were never taught the right thing when they were kids and probably got away with bulling people then, and they continue doing that now.

Bullying is as much a part of life as crime is. Whether we allow it to go on, or try to stop it, is up to us. I couldn't live with myself if I saw bullying in my workplace and I didn't do anything about it.

I'll get back to the last sentence if I ever manage to find some logic to it.

"This zero tolerance towards child trafficking, is just another kind of child trafficking."

-Kenny "Baby Nuts" Boeing

It would be if the response was to punish child trafficking, was taking their children, and selling them.

"Oh this guy said mean things to me"

You: "take his right to go to school then, because I'm a bigger bully then you are."

Of course you are one of these people that think revenge is justice when you protect the poor little minorities huh warhawk snitch bitch?

But were do you draw the line? There is a difference between normal school yard annoyance and bullying. At what point do you show actual mercy for the victim and intercede? How can your side even argue for any kind of positive benefit of bullying when it has been studied and proven to be nothing but detrimental for the victims of it.

You never addressed the fighting back problem either. How does a smaller weaker victim fight back against a much stronger opponent? They don't. They get hurt instead.OH and it gets worse.

But were do you draw the line? There is a difference between normal school yard annoyance and bullying. At what point do you show actual mercy for the victim and intercede? How can your side even argue for any kind of positive benefit of bullying when it has been studied and proven to be nothing but detrimental for the victims of it.

You never addressed the fighting back problem either. How does a smaller weaker victim fight back against a much stronger opponent? They don't. They get hurt instead.OH and it gets worse.

Where to draw that line is a legitimate question.

Harassment is already illegal though. Perhaps the correct question is at what point should these kids be charged with harassment.

There is a very large difference between where do you draw the line, and zero tolerance.

We have a zero tolerance gun policy in this country for schools. That is probably smart we don't let kids have guns at school. At the same point, the pop tart gun, shows how absurd zero tolerance is as a policy.

That was a really unintelligent statement by the principal. Kids definitely don't need to be annoying to get bullied. Generally it's the kids that deviate in some form, which may just be looking different, and they get picked on by others. It's also often shy and weaker kids that are easy victims, and being shy and quiet is pretty much the opposite of being annoying.

Bullying is however something that's very easily the cause of the victims not having a chance to learn social behavior, so it looks like the principal isn't bright enough to separate cause and effect properly.

It sounds like you've been working with people that were never taught the right thing when they were kids and probably got away with bulling people then, and they continue doing that now.

Bullying is as much a part of life as crime is. Whether we allow it to go on, or try to stop it, is up to us. I couldn't live with myself if I saw bullying in my workplace and I didn't do anything about it.

Yeah, keep singing around the camp fire.

If we all just hold hands the world will be a better place.

Here is your sign.

Yeah, keep singing around the camp fire.

If we all just hold hands the world will be a better place.

Here is your sign.

I'm sure you could have had a weaker comeback but I can't think of an example right now.

I'm sure you could have had a weaker comeback but I can't think of an example right now.

You think so, but in reality you have yet to make the case that being "tough on bullying" will actually stop anything.

This is how we got the 1996 crime bill. Good intentions are a shit substitute for good policy.

You and Joe Biden can go hang out together with your unintended consequences.

You think so, but in reality you have yet to make the case that being "tough on bullying" will actually stop anything.

This is how we got the 1996 crime bill. Good intentions are a shit substitute for good policy.

You and Joe Biden can go hang out together with your unintended consequences.

More weak straw man arguments. You talk about legislation when talking to a person that's from a country that doesn't have any anti-bullying laws, nor have I mentioned any such thing myself. Not the brightest move.

I've talked about how bullying comes to be, and how it relates to people on a personal level.

More weak straw man arguments. You talk about legislation when talking to a person that's from a country that doesn't have any anti-bullying laws, nor have I mentioned any such thing myself. Not the brightest move.

I've talked about how bullying comes to be, and how it relates to people on a personal level.

No you talked about how you think bullying should be, and how we could socially engineer it.

The biggest bullies at my high school were the teachers. The fact we entrust our kids 6 hours a day to these bottom feeders is the real issue.

No you talked about how you think bullying should be, and how we could socially engineer it.

That's the part that's about how bulling comes to be and you started talking about legislation, which has nothing to do with raising people properly.

That's the part that's about how bulling comes to be and you started talking about legislation, which has nothing to do with raising people properly.

So how are you going to get people to start raising their kids properly?

So how are you going to get people to start raising their kids properly?

That's a very complicated issue that we won't solve here, which is why I transitioned to dealing with it on an individual level as that's something we all have a grasp on. I think it will have to start as reform in schools though, and to get that out to parents, but that will certainly be of wildly different difficulty in different areas.

That's a very complicated issue that we won't solve here, which is why I transitioned to dealing with it on an individual level as that's something we all have a grasp on. I think it will have to start as reform in schools though, and to get that out to parents, but that will certainly be of wildly different difficulty in different areas.

Fair enough, I was wrong to say you wanted to legislate or social engineer.

Then the kid is a fucking pussy and didn’t have it in them to become something in the first place. World is better off without the fucking loser. No amount of support is going to fix that weak ass mental game.

Ugh, people said mean words to me. Gonna stop living. - My response: Please do.
That kid might someday come up with something beneficial, less chance of bullies ever doing same. Bullies tend to be unmotivated and mediocre.

Sounds like victim shaming to me or rather passing the buck to be lazy about enforcing proper behavior for his bullies at his school. I was never bullied but I defended plenty who were. Usually people were nerds, foreigners, fat or ugly and didnt bother anyone. One guy was a little effeminate so they called him "jerry the fairy" was another category. Anyway I had a very nice time in HS but it was all attributable to god given abilities. I was 6'4" played all the sports etc. Nothing I did so I wouldn't tolerate bullies.

Back in my day. early 90s, this was all boys will be boys behavior so it was up to students to enforce behaviors standards. Believe or not the biggest studs are not bullies but the mediocre.

Last edited:
Back