Primus has the raw physicality to become Champ again

Meh, nothing special, 33, fights once a year. Won't get him anywhere. If he gets other titleshot i'll be actually surprised.
Girtz retired and Rickels is done with 155 IIRC
man sad to hear about girtz but he went through some wars. Rickels called out Benson after his last fight so it sounds like he's still open to both weights

He needs a new camp and coaching staff ASAP. How he didn't have counter wrestling after 2 years on the sidelines is absolutely amazing.

Would be more excited if he was in his 20's. 9th pro fight at 33 means he better keep improving at a big rate if he wants to compete top level. He had his moments in the fight, but he was soundly defeated. It's weird, he started when he was 25, wonder what made his appearances so infrequent in those 8 years..

I actually agree with what you are saying TS. He obviously has areas he needs to improve in, like his wrestling defense and fight IQ (Should've fought to stand up a whole hell of a lot quicker than he did), but that is what you would expect when you're only 8 fights into your career. That's the thing about Brett. He is by all objective standards STILL A PROSPECT. He needs to be more active to get the cage time in that he needs and has wasted a whole lot of his physical prime doing lord knows what up there in Oregon while everyone else is fighting. He showed improvement in his striking with power, and I think with more experience he could become very good. You have to take into consideration that he was fighting a guy with 20 some fights with a lot of physical ability and he's not even 10 fights in. The fact he wasn't killed in the first is highly impressive stuff. Hope this motivates him to fight more than once a year.

Brent Primus can start by fighting more often. 9 fights in 8 or 9 years? He really needs to fight more often.

At the rate at which he fights, gets injured, and then is able to fight again.....he'll be champ again by 2034.

Primus doesn't know how to get up from bottom. Going to be hard for him to win vs anybody who can take him down.

Back