Prime vs Prime - Conor McGregor vs BJ Penn at LW

Cabo Nate was nowhere near motivated Penn...and look what happened.

interesting how all mcgregor fans are completely ignoring the fact the he would be dead tired in the second already and regardless of how much damage he MAYBE would have dished to BJ, he would get completely slaughtered and most likely panic wrestled against BJ after halfway round 2

The McCunt fans are delusional. They're a rare type of humans with an unevolved brain. They're the ones who were 100% sure Connie would not only win a boxing match with Floyd, but KO him as well. Hahaha! retards.

I'm not a hardcore enough fan to deny that Conor might have a striking advantage, but I think BJ takes him down and bloodies him easily. RNC or TKO

It seems weird to say but I think BJ actually would take this pretty easily. He had the chin to outlast Conor, he'd eventually tire him out and get it to the ground.
Not to mention that IIRC before gassing BJ did better on the feet against Nick than Conor did against Nate.

Obviously comparing BJ's one good round against Nick to Conor's seven rounds against Nate is unfair, but I remember being really impressed with BJ's boxing in that fight before he gassed and got destroyed.

Good chance Conor Ko's BJ. However, BJ is too well rounded and if he fought smart could submit conor in the 1st.

Conor knocks him out the second and stealing his soul in the first.

Penn doesn’t have the chin to last with Conor and withers and crumbles when faced with adversity.

The McCunt fans are delusional. They're a rare type of humans with an unevolved brain. They're the ones who were 100% sure Connie would not only win a boxing match with Floyd, but KO him as well. Hahaha! retards.

Didn't think he would destroy mayweather in boxing but I know he would wreck Penn 8/10.

Everyone assumes if a fighter has a bit of wrestling they will dominate Conor. He was injured against Mendes and was rocked when he got submitted by Nate.

Eddie is a very solid wrestler and couldn't come close to taking him down.

Penn was never a great offensive wrestler and his stand up is vastly overrated. He mostly boxed and rarely threw any kicks. Out striking guys like Sanchez and Stevenson isn't much when you are fighting Conor.

Conor by TKO and It might even be worse than Eddie fight.
Bj is smaller than Conor and went to war with the better Diaz when his time was already past.
Conor got finished by Nate and barely managed enough gas to pull a decision in a rematch he trained 6 months for.

I give an edge to Prime Bj due to chin and head movement with great counters. Ends up rocking Conor and jumping on his back for the RNC

Bj is smaller than Conor and went to war with the better Diaz when his time was already past.
Conor got finished by Nate and barely managed enough gas to pull a decision in a rematch he trained 6 months for.

I give an edge to Prime Bj due to chin and head movement with great counters. Ends up rocking Conor and jumping on his back for the RNC

BJ didn't go war with Diaz, the fight was one sided beat down past first round. Style makes fight and BJ matches up really well for Conor. He barely throws kick and also predominantly a boxer with a shorter reach. BJ doesn't have extraordinary gas tank so It's unlikely that he will have chance in later rounds.

BJ would counter Conor ? Sicne when BJ was a good counter puncher ? lol He couldn't even deal with Frankie's boxing. Conor would most definitely pick him apart.

People oversee the little stuff that Penn always does. He took people down first if he sees them having any type of striking that can cause him trouble. He always goes for the take down.

Cabo Nate was nowhere near motivated Penn...and look what happened.
Nate's boxing Is / was better than BJ's and I happen to hold BJ's boxing at his best In quite high regard.

It's a lot closer to Nick than most people think.In fact, I would argue the difference between the two Is negligible.

BJ was obviously well rounded as fuck though and had underrated wrestling and world class jiu jitsu / flexibility and top control at his best though.

The funny thing is. I'm a huge BJ fan, he's my favorite fighter. When he was tearing through everyone, back in '07-'09, I always thought Nate would be a bad matchup for him. Just a random thought.

BJ clowned Nick for a round when he was post prime. Boxed him up, took his back. BJ of 2008 beats up Nate, imo

BJ clowned Nick for a round when he was post prime. Boxed him up, took his back. BJ of 2008 beats up Nate, imo

Agreed. And while Conor is a better boxer than Penn, no doubt, Penn has gotten into the clinch with guys like Hughes and Fitch, taking them down and taking their backs. Penn's offensive grappling (or wrestling) is vastly underrated in this thread.

The second Nate got a hold of Conor in the second fight after basically being a punching bag for ten minutes, he started to work over Conor. When you mix in Penn's chin, takedown offense, grappling skill on the ground and ability to mix it up, he could eat a some shots to get in close range even if he were having issues with Conor standing up and get it to the ground. Penn on the ground would eviscerate Conor.

I haven't even mentioned Conors cardio issues which pop up even without much adversity being thrown his way.

Apparently anyone can beat Conor so who cares.

BJ didn't go war with Diaz, the fight was one sided beat down past first round. Style makes fight and BJ matches up really well for Conor. He barely throws kick and also predominantly a boxer with a shorter reach. BJ doesn't have extraordinary gas tank so It's unlikely that he will have chance in later rounds.

BJ would counter Conor ? Sicne when BJ was a good counter puncher ? lol He couldn't even deal with Frankie's boxing. Conor would most definitely pick him apart.
Rewatch the third round with Diaz, BJ started to land some good shots. I guess you didn’t see Diaz with a busted face after that fight. Conor certainly doesn’t have a Diaz chin so he gets rocked
Also BJ can wrestle if he decides to. Went to a draw with fitch whom I don’t have to explain the grappling level there and BJ was handling himself. He could easily get Conor to the ground.

Conor doesn’t pick anyone apart. He gets a finish within 2 rounds or falls apart. Don’t even try to use 21 year old Max as an example.

Rewatch the third round with Diaz, BJ started to land some good shots. I guess you didn’t see Diaz with a busted face after that fight. Conor certainly doesn’t have a Diaz chin so he gets rocked
Also BJ can wrestle if he decides to. Went to a draw with fitch whom I don’t have to explain the grappling level there and BJ was handling himself. He could easily get Conor to the ground.

Conor doesn’t pick anyone apart. He gets a finish within 2 rounds or falls apart. Don’t even try to use 21 year old Max as an example.

Diaz is always busted up, not to mention most of the damages were done in first rounds.

Penn never shown that he could ourwtestle someone when he is supposed to getting into a ground with a guys who are more than welcome to get to that area is different than trying to take down a guy who is looking for sniping left hand from a far distance. Go watch eddie failing take down, he was rarely given any chance to take conor down due to the amount of distance conor creats.

Last edited:
Diaz always bust up, most damages were done in first rounds.

Penn never shown that he could ourwtestle someone when he is supposed to getting into a ground with a guys who are more than welcome to get to that area is different than trying to take down a guy who is looking for sniping left hand from a far distance. Go watch eddie failing take down, he was rarely given any chance to take conor down due to the amount of distance conor creats.
Conor is very good at creating space. I guess we will never know though since BJ’s prime was about 10 years ago

Back