prime Sugar Ray Robinson vs GGG at 160 ... who wins?

Ilovepizza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never watched Sugar Ray Robinson, but imo GGG would be too much for him.

What do you think?

images
images
6f424f3f-fc14-49dc-a3c2-eb64716e97b1.jpeg

So you never have watched srr.....but think GGG would win?

Srr would likely box his ears off. No brawling. Just box him.

Honestly for whatever reason people dont seem to want to admit that canelo outboxed ggg for significant portions of that fight

SRR may have to survive a few rough moments up against the ropes but that would be it

The tough fantasy fights for SRR at middleweight are with James Toney and RJJ imo

At WW probably Hearns.

Toney vs SRR would be pretty bonkers

Last edited:
Ive seen documentaries, highlights and few fights of SRR, so Im not the most knowledgeable guy on him, but I think his technique and speed would be too much for GGG, unless he gets caught. GGG has tremendous pressure though.

SRR was way too ahead of his time. So aesthetically pleasing to watch.

So you never have watched srr.....but think GGG would win?

Srr would likely box his ears off. No brawling. Just box him.

Honestly for whatever reason people dont seem to want to admit that canelo outboxed ggg for significant portions of that fight

SRR may have to survive a few rough moments up against the ropes but that would be it

The tough fantasy fights for SRR at middleweight are with James Toney and RJJ imo

At WW probably Hearns.

Toney vs SRR would be pretty bonkers

Many won't subscribe to the "outboxed ggg for significant portions of that fight" theory because that's a loose interpretation. Canelo actually got out-punched, and it happened in enough rounds for him to lose. Just because a fighter looks comfortable being out-punched, doesn't mean he's in control. Anyway, If that's how a couple people feel, I won't disparage them.

Regarding the TS, it's hard to pick against SRR, though a prime LaMotta vs a prime SRR showed that constant pressure can be problematic for SRR.

Toney and Jones are tough for anybody.

How can you say you've never seen a guy fight (nevermind the consensus GOAT) and go ahead and pick a winner.

The only pro footage (at least undamaged footage) we have of Sugar Ray Robinson is at middleweight, which is frightening as he was even better in his welterweight days. He looks tremendous. He would most definitely beat GGG. Heck, I had GGG losing to Jacobs but I realise Golovkin may be slowing down now.

I'm a huge GGG fan btw, mainly because he is hilarious but cmon!

How can you say you've never seen a guy fight (nevermind the consensus GOAT) and go ahead and pick a winner.

The only pro footage (at least undamaged footage) we have of Sugar Ray Robinson is at middleweight, which is frightening as he was even better in his welterweight days. He looks tremendous. He would most definitely beat GGG. Heck, I had GGG losing to Jacobs but I realise Golovkin may be slowing down now.

I'm a huge GGG fan btw, mainly because he is hilarious but cmon!

Thats what 99% of people do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back