Prime Rampage vs DC

showing good takedown defense against randleman is one thing...against dc is quite another...
Randleman is actually one of the best collegiate wrestlers of all time, probably top 15ish Ohio State Wrestler ever.
But you’re right, he’s no DC.

I see page winnin remember rampage out grappled hendo..

Has insane tdd and way better hands but i do see dc clinching him holding on the fence trying to get q decision.. Its a hard one with dc but it woulda ben a great fight

dude, hendo has terrible mma wrestling and you might wanna see how badly dc beat hendo...shields killed hendo in grappling...

Imagine how badly prime Shogun with two healthy knees would've destroyed that weight cheater and eye poker Cormier

Rampage probably gets humped for 25 mins by Double Cheeseburger
Lol prime Shogun would have got killed in there

I kinda wonder how these two would've matched up. Peak Rampage was super underrated. Don't think he'd match up very well against jones even in his prime just because of the range and versatility of Jon's attack on the feet. An exclusively boxing based attack will never work very well against him.

The simple answer Is that DC would've wrestled him for 5 but It's an Intriguing style matchup. I tend to think Rampage would've done very well against DC.

This was the best and hungriest Rampage has ever been. I don't think he was ever this good again, even In the Hendo fight which was shortly after. Seems once he made it to the top and started making money, he was never really the same. Especially after the mental breakdown around the forrest fight.

Not having Ibarra and a proper team / camp around him definitely did him no favors either.

page was pretty close to his prime when he fought jon, fight went as expected. i do agree with you that a dc fight around the time he was working toward the title could have been interesting. dc would definitely take him down, but pages defensive wrestling was really good and he usually had no problem getting right back up, especially in the early rounds.

for a guy that didnt train that hard, partied and totally let himself go between fights, Rampage was pretty impressive

DC this, DC that....
His hypetrain is next in line to be derailed.
Always happy to see wrestler losing.

page was pretty close to his prime when he fought jon, fight went as expected. i do agree with you that a dc fight around the time he was working toward the title could have been interesting. dc would definitely take him down, but pages defensive wrestling was really good and he usually had no problem getting right back up, especially in the early rounds.

for a guy that didnt train that hard, partied and totally let himself go between fights, Rampage was pretty impressive

He was a few years passed his prime when he fought Jones. Prime Rampage used his wrestling, threw kicks and knees and he stopped doing all of that after the Hendo fight 4 years before he fought Jones.

Rampage has always been a crazy bet. Either he got a beastmode moment and pulled the upset or looked meh and lost. I would take Dc but it would not be an easy fight at all.

I knock Daniel Cormier out all the time with Rampage on UFC EA 3 so I'm convinced he would win

He was a few years passed his prime when he fought Jones. Prime Rampage used his wrestling, threw kicks and knees and he stopped doing all of that after the Hendo fight 4 years before he fought Jones.
even back in the day was still few and far between. his bread and butter has always been his mma boxing and ability to use defensive wrestling to get back up

even back in the day was still few and far between. his bread and butter has always been his mma boxing and ability to use defensive wrestling to get back up

For the most part yes his boxing has been his biggest strength but from the start of his career till the Hendo fight he would use his wrestling a lot and would throw low kicks and knees in the clinch. After Hendo he didn't do any of those things like at all and he got slower, worse cardio and less explosive.

IMO 2003-2007 Rampage was much better than he was in 2011.

For the most part yes his boxing has been his biggest strength but from the start of his career till the Hendo fight he would use his wrestling a lot and would throw low kicks and knees in the clinch. After Hendo he didn't do any of those things like at all.

IMO 2003-2007 Rampage was much better than he was in 2011.
I agree he was definitely a lot more exciting to watch back then and mixed it up more...

Rampage probably would have done better against JJ without all the eye pokes though...

I agree he was definitely a lot more exciting to watch back then and mixed it up more...

He also seemed to be much better physically, faster, better cardio, more explosive strength, than he was 2008+.

Rampage out of his prime against the absolute best LHW of all time lol

jones+takedown+rampage+gif.gif

Would be a really bad night for ol' Rampage

Rampage slams him to Bolivia!

I think the Rampage that stuffed all of Kevin Randlemans takedowns and then proceeded to tko him from full mount probably has a chance against DC. UFC Rampage gets wrestlefucked.

One thing most in here have ignored, regarding someone in their prime, is confidence. Rampage, in past interviews, has touched on how important confidence is...in a fight.

So although some have brought up fights against Jon Jones (which I think Rampage looked his best in a while) or vs Rashad..... during those fights Rampage was not at his full confident self. Was still hesitant with this strikes...etc.

But, like someone pointed out, Rampage version vs Dan Henderson... or Pride Rampage that just moved forward. Was spewing with confidence.

And you would need that, vs someone like DC.

I think Chuck Liddell would also have a good chance vs DC, when he was Chuck F'n Liddell.

Back