prime Mir vs Werdum, who would take it?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That's an intriguing grappling match, and even on the feet I dunno who has the edge.

Werdum would win would be my opinion. He is just a better fighter than Mir.

Mir's prime was 10 years ago. That would have been a close bout back then, I would give Werdum the edge even then.
From that point Werdum has improved more and more until being the champion.
So, Werdum (2015) would beat very easily Mir(2007).

Toss up on the ground, Werdum would have a decent striking advantage

Werdum probably 80% of the time, the other 20% Mir KO's him standing.

Subbing a declined Nog doesn't mean Mir could threaten Werdum, just look at the difference between Nog/Werdum 1 and 2.

Toss up on the ground, Werdum would have a decent striking advantage

Really?
I’d actually give prime Mir the striking advantage. Better boxing, more crafty, unpredictable, and most importantly, quicker.
Werdum has always been slow as hell on his feet.

werdum has such an amazing bjj game I hope that once he retires from the ufc he would go for ADCC or IBJJF

It would be awesome to see him against some of those killers

it would be interesting to see how mir would do too

werdum has such an amazing bjj game I hope that once he retires from the ufc he would go for ADCC or IBJJF

It would be awesome to see him against some of those killers

it would be interesting to see how mir would do too

He's already an ADCC and BJJ champion.

Werdum would win would be my opinion. He is just a better fighter than Mir.

Same. He is an amazing striker and way better on the ground. Mir only might have an athletic advantage - pre accident Mir with the right attitude.

Mir is one of my favorite fighters but he was so hot and cold it’s hard to say what he could have done against Werdum.

I would pick Frank Mir. He is one of the strongest fighters ever, has a real mean streak, and his ground game is as good as anyone's in HW division. USA!

I dont see how Mir ever wins he is worst on ground and with takedowns. His striking is garbage and he has shaky chin. Werdum has iron chin except against the hardest hitters haymakers.

Werdum has superior striking and Mir not like pressure.

Last edited:
Why prime Mir? Werdum is older and has one more fight, not even counting his illustrious grappling and BJJ career. Werdum wins at any moment in MMA history.

Werdum is better at every aspect of MMA and he has a significantly better chin. Werdum wins 9/10 times

Mir is really strong guy and could hang in there with werdum. Maybe even submit him. But werdum is the overall better figjhter

Back