Prime Mike Tyson ... how much money could he have had earned?

MyEnglishIsPeperoni

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He mad over 400 millions of fucking dollars and that was insane :eek: i cant imagin how much money he could make in this era ... maybe 100-200millions per fight?

bYmdHcX.gif

200.gif

over a billion easily. You take the time he had at his hands, the talent, the opponents. If you lengthened his winning years out like an ali or a louis, where he was dominating the sport into his mid 30's that's 15 years of huge fights. Even losing a fight here and there would have set up huge comeback purses. and, sadly, he probaly would have blown through it all just as stupidly. they asked joe louis once what would he do if he was making the money Ali's era did, he said he'd have spent it all the same way.

It would have only benefited his handlers and scrounging entourage - he'd still have ended up with nothing unfortunately

most fighters don't know what to do with money, Hagler is an exception along with his nemesis SRL, you never hear about those guys having money problems. Hagler put an ad for merch on his facebook the other day, but I feel good knowing he doesn't need my money. I've had heroes like Camacho who i bought a couple shirts from and he really was broke at the time apparently.

Nah guys, Tyson would make ten billion easy. I mean buying a massive mansion and a pet tiger isn’t shit so,after making relevant deductions I reckon he’d have ten billion.

over a billion easily. You take the time he had at his hands, the talent, the opponents. If you lengthened his winning years out like an ali or a louis, where he was dominating the sport into his mid 30's that's 15 years of huge fights. Even losing a fight here and there would have set up huge comeback purses. and, sadly, he probaly would have blown through it all just as stupidly. they asked joe louis once what would he do if he was making the money Ali's era did, he said he'd have spent it all the same way.
If he had the longevity of Joe Louis and work ethic I could see that. He had about the same number of years in before he got lockedup as Ali did when he got barred and spent around the same time away. I'd like to think if Mike would would've stayed with Kevin Rooney and away from Don King he would've had a long reign like Louis but if he did he would've just got his own bum of the month club. Or be like the Klitschko brothers and every bitch about HW Boxing being dead.

ten billion? i don't know about that. maybe these days he could. but however you cut it, it's a good thing people love him, he mentioned how drug dealers were handing him bags of thousands when the news said he was broke. I remember when he said he was homeless, I was living with my ma and my brother at the time, i told my best friend "he could come stay with me" my friend said "he'd kick your mom's ass" and we both laughed.

If he had the longevity of Joe Louis and work ethic I could see that. He had about the same number of years in before he got lockedup as Ali did when he got barred and spent around the same time away. I'd like to think if Mike would would've stayed with Kevin Rooney and away from Don King he would've had a long reign like Louis but if he did he would've just got his own bum of the month club. Or be like the Klitschko brothers and every bitch about HW Boxing being dead.
in a division where the prime is usually about 28, he had many years to improve and build upon. It's a funny thing regarding his 3.5 years away, i've always thought that history repeated itself, although no one talks about it much, dempsy, louis and ali all lost lots of time out of their primes, Dempsey had issues with his manager and he kinda went hollywood and Joe Louis lost his best years to WW2 and Ali lost his prime years by not going to war, tyson did because of pussy. I always thought it was ironic how they all had their primes severely interrupted although only Ali really gets mentioned for it.

also, i should mention, most of the guys with an aggressive style burn out fast so a career as long as joe or ali would be kind of hard to imagine although george foreman managed to win a title at 45, you never know. most aggressive fighters have short careers. Joe Frazier was actually on a rapid decline after the first Ali fight and that was his peak night.

I figure prime Tyson got as much as he was ever gonna get. People extend Tyson's prime past what it was. 85-88 was his prime. Although he remained undefeated until 1990, he was starting to cut corners after the Spinks win. A 23 year old with no strong parental figures in his life, given unparalleled power and fame....well, that's gonna blunt the sharpest of human instruments, unless those structures are in place to keep them in control of their temperance and fortitude.

Back