Prime Kenny Florian vs Mcgregor, who do you got?

I absolutely disagree here. Kenny was NO athlete. But he was very intelligent and got the most out of his abilities. IMO. Kenny would of simply stayed out of range...some low kicks and taken Conor Down........... FIGHT OVER.

yes conor has better striking.......... imo Not a real issue. Kenny would of been like Couture vs Toney......

He couldn't stay at range with BJ and got boxed up easily. Conor is even better and has more movement on his feet. I don't think Kenny has any chance on the feet. His only chance is a takedown.

I like Connor McGregor in this match up.

Conor would beat the shit out of Kenny. His striking is miles better. Kenny got outstruck by BJ and Aldo. Conor is a better boxer than BJ and we saw what he did to Aldo. Bad match for Kenny. Also Kenny is like 0-3 in title fights

Yep. If Kenny had stronger TDs and wrestling, he'd have a good chance, but realistically, it would be Conor's fight to lose.

Kenny takes him down and chokes him out.

I rate Kenny highly. He's more well-rounded but Conor's striking would prevail.

I agree.... But man it could be a bloodbath

Plus, If Kenny were to get Conor on the mat, he could slice him up or submit him. Florian had a very instinctual viciousness that you don't see all that often. He never 'wasted time' on the mat.

I don't include 145 Kenny here because I think the cut was too much for him and he never performed at his best there.

Not an automatic in my opinion.

Some fights Kenny really looked elite. Sharp striking with a super dangerous top game.

Obviously Conor wins the striking but if Kenny could get it to the mat he'd have an even bigger advantage than Conor would standing IMO. His wrestling was never outstanding so Conor probably wins, but it's close than many will admit, especially new fans who never watched him fight.

Lol- please.I can't stand Conor but what was so great about " prime florian".... Mcgregor pounds him out and early.

Prime Kenflo vs conor mcgregor. Who do you guys got in that fight?.
Kenny florian was no joke. Had good boxing, good kicks,elbows and even some wrestling and chokes.

He had a very high fight iq as shown now by his great analysis on the desk.

Who do you guys got?
Lol Kenny sucks always has its sad a pathetic athlete like Kenny could compete in those days. Really says a lot about the talent back then

Kenny takes him down and chokes him out.

Seems like a stretch considering that Eddie Alvarez had zero success with that strategy. If we're talking prime vs. prime (not early Conor who was submitted by a couple of mediocre fighters), I have to go with the Irish guy.

As much as I hate to say it, Conor would knock Florian out cold

Prime Primy Primian

Kenny was probably one of the better gatekeepers there was. He was a multiple time title challenger, but he was not by any means a serious threat to any of the champions titles when he fought for the belt

When you look At Kenny's record he was a MASTER at defeating journeymen. But when he fought the next level up in competition he lost every time.

He would still kick the shit out of me, but I think looking at his record, he's one of the GOAT UFC gateKeepers.

Conor would KO him

Not sure, Conor is a better striker obviously, but Kenny would be capable of getting a td and submission

Conor is the better boxer, Kenny was a much better kicker than Conor. And light years ahead on the ground.

Conor would and should be a favorite, but like you said, Kenny could land a TD and get a sub without it being that much of a shock imo

Kenny had underrated wrestling and striking game, and he had a slick bjj game.

Most importantly though, Kenny had an IRON CHIN.

Kenny would take a beating early, Conor would gas, then Kenny RNC ftw.

Back