Prime (in shape) Duran vs prime "Money" Floyd

Remember when Floyd lost? Yeah I don't.

I love it when his legendary skin glistens upon the light...You can sense the sweetness of it upon the tip of ones tongue.

Right.. Pressure brawlers with power and skill. Only reason

Okay. But again I didn't say they were "exactly alike" just that their styles are similar. I've explained this multiple times.... If you don't like the comparison that's cool. Ill agree to disagree. peace out dude.
I agree with you except for the skill part.

There's a couple more guys I'd pick over Duran at WW (Hearns and SRL excluded).

Drop Duran in the Mosley vs De La Hoya 1 fight and let him take either guys spot and he loses no matter which corner he decides to fight from.

Before anyone responds to this, watch that fight if you haven't. One of the best pure Prime vs Prime fights ever.

I don't see how Duran loses to Mosley or de la Hoya. Floyd could possibly outbox him and stifle enough of his infighting to take a close decision, but neither Mosley or Duran have the boxing ability to stay away from Duran enough, and he was simply better than both of them at pretty much everything after that.

Eh , while a close fight Castillo definitely beat him. Maidana 1 is arguable though

The Castillo fight could have gone either way. Maidana 1 was a close, but clear Mayweather win. Castillo 2 was a closer fight than Maidana 1, I thought.

The Castillo fight could have gone either way. Maidana 1 was a close, but clear Mayweather win. Castillo 2 was a closer fight than Maidana 1, I thought.

Castillo definitely beat him in a very close fight , that's just my opinion I've watched that fight multiple times what a display from both. Maidana I will admit haven't watched in a long while so I can see that 100%. My memory betrays me sometimes I will try watching Castillo 2 cuz I seem to remember that being close but clear mayweather

I don't see how Duran loses to Mosley or de la Hoya. Floyd could possibly outbox him and stifle enough of his infighting to take a close decision, but neither Mosley or Duran have the boxing ability to stay away from Duran enough, and he was simply better than both of them at pretty much everything after that.
We usually agree on most things, but I'd suggest watching the ODLH vs Mosley 1st fight. Those dudes were fast and good. I don't see Duran walking through either of those guys at that moment. They were very skilled. Duran lost everytime to skilled guys.

I remember him beating lineal champs, walk me through his handpicked opponents.

His fights since his comeback.

JMM and Pacman were natural FW's moving up. I know there's a popular belief on this board that Floyd doesn't cut any weight at all but the evidence doesn't support that. He's a guy that constantly talks about making money but preferred to pay a fine instead of making the catchweight he agreed to against Marquez and was so dehydrated before the Pacquiao fight that he needed the use of a banned IV. Not admitting he intended to have a weight advantage against them and insisting they were the same size is just making excuses.

Mosley got the fight for beating Margarito but it was 10 years after that first DLH fight he looked so good in and has suffered a string of defeats since the fight. A great fighter? Yes. Anywhere near his prime? No.

Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero, Marcos Maidana, and Andre Berto are ordinary fighters that didn't have but maybe a puncher's chance to win. Was anyone so excited about the first Maidana fight that they wanted the rematch to happen?

Cotto and Canelo were the guys he fought that were his size or bigger and still somewhat near their prime that I give him full credit for.

I'm not saying these guys are cans but Floyd handpicked them and had the deck stacked in his favor. It's a bit different than Duran who had an entire career at LW then moved up 2, 3 or 4 weight classes to fight Leonard, Hearns, Benitez and Hagler who were ATG's in their prime.

Last edited:
We usually agree on most things, but I'd suggest watching the ODLH vs Mosley 1st fight. Those dudes were fast and good. I don't see Duran walking through either of those guys at that moment. They were very skilled. Duran lost everytime to skilled guys.

Duran didn't lose everytime to skilled guys. He lost to a few exceptionally skilled fighters who were clearly bigger than him. Neither de la Hoya nor Mosley were skilled enough to outbox Duran.

Duran didn't lose everytime to skilled guys. He lost to a few exceptionally skilled fighters who were clearly bigger than him. Neither de la Hoya nor Mosley were skilled enough to outbox Duran.
Whats with all this "bigger" bullshit thats been circulating around lately?! And from you who knows better???
Ever since the GGG-Jacobs fight, in every damn thread mofos are throwing around all this bigger/smaller guy crap. If guys come to the weigh-in at the same weight category nothing else matters and its bullshit excuses...
Should we start giving Mike Tyson a pass because he lost to a "bigger man" in Douglas???

Whats with all this "bigger" bullshit thats been circulating around lately?! And from you who knows better???
Ever since the GGG-Jacobs fight, in every damn thread mofos are throwing around all this bigger/smaller guy crap. If guys come to the weigh-in at the same weight category nothing else matters and its bullshit excuses...
Should we start giving Mike Tyson a pass because he lost to a "bigger man" in Douglas???

Golovkin and Jacobs are career MWs. Roberto Duran was an average sized LW who lost to two big or massive WWs (Leonard and Hearns, respectively) who also happened to be incredibly talented. It's pertinent when judging how Duran would do against fighters who do not have that same kind of size advantage (namely Floyd, Mosley, and to a lesser extent, Oscar).

You're comparisons are ludicrous... :D

Floyd had trouble with Castillo and Maidana because of the pressure they put on him. Duran would be a nightmare for him.

Back