Prime (in shape) Duran vs prime "Money" Floyd

I understand your view point, again I disagree, but you're obviously not the only person who sees it that way.

I Feel JWW is mannys best weight class and I also think he is a natural JWW.

I know he started all the way down at Christian bale in the machinist weight class, but he was also like 16 years old and broke, from the Philippines so he sold cigarettes for food. The dude was emaciated.

But both did well though.

Also Floyd has to get credit for never having that off night against someone he should beat, and also achieving such a status that fighters would smoke crack to get from LHW to WW for a shot at Floyd.
Manny is more a 122 or 126 pound fighter. Bumping him up to 140 would be a stretch. It's the reason I rate him higher than Floyd for fighting guys like Margarito, Cotto and Clottey.

You guys remind me of Coming to America where a white guy always pulls a Rocky Marciano out his ass. Floyd is undefeated but he picked his fights. His quality of opposition, with all variables taken into account, isn't as good as the all-time greats.

He's still an ATG but to insist he could beat bigger and better guys than he actually fought is just speculation. It seems there are the regulars that are on this board that agree on stuff and if you dissent you're made fun of. If you go by actual evidence though Mayweather wouldn't be compared against any ATG MW's or even JMW's.

They fought at the same weight thought I believe Pac actually came in heavier. Floyd was taller, yes.
I would dispute you're giving us alternative facts. Was Floyd so dehydrated he needed an illegal IV he later needed clearance for? Has Manny come into his WW fights at 142-145 after quickly jumping 2 weight classes? Has Floyd skipped his day of unofficial weigh ins?

They fought at the same weight thought I believe Pac actually came in heavier. Floyd was taller, yes.

Mayweather is a taller bigger man. I don't know man, you sound like you super biased for Maywaether

Mayweather is a taller bigger man. I don't know man, you sound like you super biased for Maywaether

No one cares what you think.

Pac was a short welter, he wasn't really an undersized welter.

Manny is more a 122 or 126 pound fighter. Bumping him up to 140 would be a stretch. It's the reason I rate him higher than Floyd for fighting guys like Margarito, Cotto and Clottey.

You guys remind me of Coming to America where a white guy always pulls a Rocky Marciano out his ass. Floyd is undefeated but he picked his fights. His quality of opposition, with all variables taken into account, isn't as good as the all-time greats.

He's still an ATG but to insist he could beat bigger and better guys than he actually fought is just speculation. It seems there are the regulars that are on this board that agree on stuff and if you dissent you're made fun of. If you go by actual evidence though Mayweather wouldn't be compared against any ATG MW's or even JMW's.
Really? You see him as a natural bantamweight? You realize he hasn't fought at that weight since like 2003 yeah? No way that would be his natty weight class, he'd have to contract Full blown AIDS to get back down to that weight

Floyd fought quality opposition. He earned the right to choose opponents and he chose quality fighters.

Earned the right to chose his opponents? What does that even mean?

And fActs are facts. He never fought a prime atg.

Wow. This outs you as a complete homer.

I don't understand how you think he (Floyd) doesn't stay on his bicycle and pepper the HELL out of Hagler. Countering Hagler's lunging punches as he becomes frustrated and cruising to a 9-3 (or 12-3) UD victory. I really think Floyd is underappreciated on this forum, and it's strange, given the really solid knowledge that is everywhere here. I guess it's just...

haters_gonna_hate-34271.gif

Really? You see him as a natural bantamweight? You realize he hasn't fought at that weight since like 2003 yeah? No way that would be his natty weight class, he'd have to contract Full blown AIDS to get back down to that weight
He and Marquez are FW sized fighters in their prime. Manny fights at WW but weighs in at around 144 pounds. He could still probably easily make 140 or even 135 pounds. We'll see what his official weight is against Horn.

I don't understand how you think he (Floyd) doesn't stay on his bicycle and pepper the HELL out of Hagler. Countering Hagler's lunging punches as he becomes frustrated and cruising to a 9-3 (or 12-3) UD victory. I really think Floyd is underappreciated on this forum, and it's strange, given the really solid knowledge that is everywhere here. I guess it's just...

Maybe fanboys gonna nuthug? :p

Nuts.

"Floyd never fought an atg in their prime"

Gave JMM (the same who went on to get robbed a 3rd time against Pac, then KO him) a 12 rnd boxing lesson, then did the same to Pacquiao, who beat Tim Bradley before AND after his 12 rounds looking like first timer in the ring with Floyd.

I'd give a little consideration to arguments that could be made if there was any chance they could change the outcome, but unfortunately no number of changes was going to change that outcome in either fight.

They were both seasoned, I'll take experience over physical prime.

Thanks man.

Your welcome.

Duran > Manny beat Cotto and De la Hoya > Prime Mayweather

This is probably true though, but you can feel safe in your own delusions, i'm on board

Nuts.

"Floyd never fought an atg in their prime"

Gave JMM (the same who went on to get robbed a 3rd time against Pac, then KO him) a 12 rnd boxing lesson, then did the same to Pacquiao, who beat Tim Bradley before AND after his 12 rounds looking like first timer in the ring with Floyd.

I'd give a little consideration to arguments that could be made if there was any chance they could change the outcome, but unfortunately no number of changes was going to change that outcome in either fight.

They were both seasoned, I'll take experience over physical prime.

Mmmm it can go both ways for experience and physical prime depending on the fighter.

Man people here are really underestimating Marvelous, you think Floyd is going to shoulder roll his way out the entire fight against someone like hagler?! where did this notion that Floyd is untouchable come from ?, Mosley hurt him , PAC too, Castillo, Maidana. You mean to tell me hagler wouldn't be able to , if he could walk through hearns right hand he should not have some problems eating some counters to get to him.
Ps hagler Knew how to box quite well people don't give him enough credit for that

Back