Prime GSP vs Prime Woodley. Who wins?

The over the hill gsp that fought bisping would get flash ko'ed by Woodley in under 2 rounds. Woodley is basically a scarier, more explosive,younger, black version of gsp.

You know nothing about mma if you really think thats the difference between them both. They fight absolutely nothing alike. One is the most patient counter puncher of all time (or should i say stagnant?), the other is literally always pushing the pace. How many times have you seen GSP back pedal or have his back on the cage? Woodley has his back on the cage 90% of the time.

GSP for sure, with both his knees at 100%, his fight IQ, and Woodley's tendency to hesitate / freeze, GSP 50-45

This is a risk we will never see GSP take ... Woodley hits too hard and has excellent wrestling ...

I would pick Woodley if they fought now

Prime vs. Prime would love to see it .. no picks just excited to see the fight

Lol @ all the racists itt picking GSP

Everyone thinks they can beat GSP until they fight him. GSP has beat everyone he has ever fought. It's always the same story and it's not another scrub that would change that.

Woodley lost to Shields and Rory, 2 lesser fighters than GSP. Say he was green all you want, prime GSP beats Woodley.

GSP wins this....Woodley doesn't have much for GSP aside landing a big right hand.

Woodley struggles fighting orthodox, so GSP.

GSP has well rounded standup and ring generalship. It would cost too much time for Woodley to find an openings.

GSP would stiff arm his hooks and I don't see Woodley winning the pocket exchanges.

You won't outsmart GSP there. Only way Woodley winning the fight is if he surprises GSP with one move.

I think GSP wins by wide decision. 50-45 or 49-46.

Btw, this new guy Ponzinibbio could possibly make Woodley miss his shots big time and counter him on the return.
Agree with everything except for Ponz being the "new guy", hes been here for 5 years..

I bet if we made this exact thread just 120 more times we'll know the answer for sure.Keep it up guys!

The fans.

Actually, I got GSP via better boxing and fight IQ. Once Woodley realizes that he can't KO GSP on the feet and his wrestling is usesless or even gets taken down it will be similar to what Rory did to him in my opinion. Of course you never know. Woodley is one of those guys that can win the fight at any time. All it takes is a successful blitz and the fight is over.

GSP probably wins. He’s more consistent and reliable of a fighter. But I’d be pulling for Tyron. I prefer his fighting style, and I usually prefer fighters with flaws. GSP 65/35.

GSP quite easily, and I am a Woodley fan.

He'd simply outscore a tentative Woodley every single round for an easy decision.

Back