Prime GSP vs Prime Woodley. Who wins?

GSP beats Woodley today

The GSP who beat Hughes, Penn, Fitch, Shields, Kos, Alves... Murders Woodley.

I don't need to elaborate the reasons beyond some of the excellent comments above.

GSP.

Im going with Woodley. The fight will be kept standing as Tyron has arguably the best TDD and he will win by decision or KO.

Disagree. GSP could take down anyone when he wanted to. Arguably the best takedown artist in UFC history. GSP by relentless TDs and GnP and finish with RNC or armbar. Old school robot signing off.

Any version of Gsp beats any version of overrated Tyquil

Rory dominated and got the takedown and controlled Woodley. GSP by dec

Right now Woodley. In their primes, GSP would probably win 3 or 4 of 5 rounds.

Im going with Woodley. The fight will be kept standing as Tyron has arguably the best TDD and he will win by decision or KO.
This is a hard fight to call.
In their prime though, I would go with GSP without any hesitation.

Because say what you want, Woodley fights not to lose while GSP would pepper him with his jabs.
The danger is, of course, Woodley's power; but a past his prime GSP could withstand an on fire Johny Hendricks's power, so I think (in his prime) he would survive Woodley's as well.

Johny, when he fought GSP, was as good or better than Woodley is now. Way better striking. Better combinations, better at mixing it up, better kicks. Damn near just as much power, just slightly less explosive.

Between GSP and Woodley, the wrestling is at BEST (for woodley) a wash, or a dead tie.

So when we compare the striking..............GSP is so much better its stupid. He would jab Woodleys stupid face in for 25 minutes and theres not a damn thing Woodley could do to stop it.

Rory already proved that.
lol Hendricks is not as good as Woodley. post usada no one beats Woodley.

Prime GSP takes it.

Current GSP its pretty damn hard to call. I need to see how GSP fights after having slimmed down. I always felt like his extra bulk took his speed away.

It's a closed stance matchup (ortho vs ortho), so Woodley's best tool (his right hand) is interdicted by the shoulder/can be ducked, rather than slotting into the open side like vs a southpaw.

Woodley's primary focus in wrestling is also mostly in terms of defensive takedown prevention, so i wouldn't see him taking down GSP either.

My reckoning is GSP basically does what Rory did or better.

Last edited:
Current Woodley KO’s any version of GSP.

Styles make fights and that’s why Georges is so hesitant to even mention Tyron.

It’s one thing to say prime GSP would win. But you know someone is a delusional fanboy when they say they’d favor GSP over Woodley right now.

Did you see post-USADA GSP? He got sliced up in Bispings guard and was gassed out by round 3 lol

Who wins this?
apigiv.jpg

Woodley smashes.

The over the hill gsp that fought bisping would get flash ko'ed by Woodley in under 2 rounds. Woodley is basically a scarier, more explosive,younger, black version of gsp.

Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of the new hotness and forget about the GOAT.

GOATsp should beat Woodley handily. Woodley can literally not handle the Riddum. GSP's pace and jab will break Tyron down quickly. Eventually he will get a tired Woodley down and dominate.

This is the GOAT we are talking about.

Y'all must've forgot.

This thread has been made thousands of times.

Back