Prime Fedor would Zulu #2 HW Derrick Lewis and that says a lot

Prime Fedor is the greatest fighter in history and HW division is one of the only divisions to actually get worse in the last 15 years.
You fedor fans are so delusional it makes my head hurt.

Its pretty amazing how much the skill level has declined since the Pride HW era. So many HWs from the Pride era would beat the piss out of guys like #2 ranked Lewis and Volkov

It's the ufc's fault. They really haven't built any stars at all. They just kept buying orgs and taking the fighters they had built up. Well, now they are out of orgs with young talent, and they didn't build any themselves, so there are no new HWs who are up and coming. The youngest top HWs are who? Miocic at 36 and possibly Ryan Bader at 35? That's pathetic.

Back when Pride and the ufc co-existed, there were tons of talented top HWs who were in their 20s and were a million times more talented than they guys today. I go back and watch old fights sometimes and realized how used to mediocre fighters I am now. You go back and watch those old fights and the guys were so fast, skilled, etc. We are watching bum fights now. LHW sucks too. It's now made up of Jones (who gets suspended after every fight and is 31 now) and Gus (also 31 and gets injured all the time). No one else even matters. The big weight classes that were awesome for YEARS are garbage now.

Lewis is almost identical in size and skill set as Brett Rogers.

They WEIGHED IN AS HWs......

Your point about fighters rehydrating and weighing more or whatever is meaningless....

There fight was classified as a hw bout both guys weighed in at hw......that's it deal with it.

Unless Dan weighed 185 during the fight he wasn't a Mw no matter what mental gymnastics you do bud.

206 lbs is not a real heavyweight. Certainly not careee heavy weight.

Fedor got knocked out by a small guy who weighed 206 lbs who under regular circumstances would fight at MW with that fight weight.

206 lbs is not a real heavyweight. Certainly not careee heavy weight.

Fedor got knocked out by a small guy who weighed 206 lbs who under regular circumstances would fight at MW with that fight weight.

I think your special and not in a good way.....

Yeah and he would do that in a spectacular fashion.

ActiveFelineLacewing.gif

Let's leave the Cormier vs. Fedor/Stipe discussion out for now. Although Fedor would easily beat Stipe as well.

I think we can all agree that prime Fedor would sleep Derrick without breaking a sweat and Derrick is ranked #2 right now. Derrick being so highly ranked shows how shallow, thin and non talented is today's HW division. And you all have seen Volkov.. There were absolute killers back then when Fedor was in his prime. Right now there is only one fighter you could make an argument against prime Fedor - DC.

We should appreciate more and more how good Fedor was.

The Final Boss
dbSoweL.gif

Fedor today would get creamed by Cormier or Stipe. He loses handily to both those guys. Prime Fedor is another story.

Not as special as Hendo
Knocking out a HW at 206lbs
especially after losing to MW Jake Shields

You notice absolutely no one agreeing with you?

I provided a link for you proving hendo was 207,and your skipping the part where he becomes LHW CHAMPION you goofball....you have no facts or sane logic soooooo
I can only repeat myself so many times haha so I'm done with this discussion enjoy whatever world it us you live in.

You notice absolutely no one agreeing with you?

I provided a link for you proving hendo was 207,and your skipping the part where he becomes LHW CHAMPION you goofball....you have no facts or sane logic soooooo
I can only repeat myself so many times haha so I'm done with this discussion enjoy whatever world it us you live in.

Go through the thread a few do.

It doesn't matter Dan was 206lbs when he knocked HW Fedor out.

He lost to MW Shields months before.

You still aren't proving anything with that statement Dan was a lhw .....you offer nothing to prove otherwise.

Yeah and he would do that in a spectacular fashion.

ActiveFelineLacewing.gif

Let's leave the Cormier vs. Fedor/Stipe discussion out for now. Although Fedor would easily beat Stipe as well.

I think we can all agree that prime Fedor would sleep Derrick without breaking a sweat and Derrick is ranked #2 right now. Derrick being so highly ranked shows how shallow, thin and non talented is today's HW division. And you all have seen Volkov.. There were absolute killers back then when Fedor was in his prime. Right now there is only one fighter you could make an argument against prime Fedor - DC.

We should appreciate more and more how good Fedor was.

The Final Boss
dbSoweL.gif

Fedor ruled for a long time. But DC always beats him.

I see Fedor like Matt Hughes. A king of a time long since past.

You can't just make up a scenario. And then somehow that fantasy "says alot". We don't agree on the premise, which means it says absolutely nothing.

I actually think that’s a great fucking fight which is saying something considering Fedors prime was 10 years ago

I love Derrick Lewis, but the fact that he's fighting for the belt says a lot about the HW division's level compared to the Fedor, Nog, Crocop era.
See this is the problem.

Lewis is every bit as good as them dudes. The fact you can't see it is your problem. Nog or Cro Cop gets fucked by Lewis late in the fight

Next champ for sure

Lewis in Pride back in the day without testing would have looked like Randleman. Cain would have cut his rehab time in half. CC was also 33 when he got his head kicked off by Gonzaga, not exactly an old man. Pride was a different animal altogether, let's not pretend the fighters were on equal playing fields.

See this is the problem.

Lewis is every bit as good as them dudes. The fact you can't see it is your problem. Nog or Cro Cop gets fucked by Lewis late in the fight

Next champ for sure

What skills does he have apart from heavy hands?

Lewis in Pride back in the day without testing would have looked like Randleman. Cain would have cut his rehab time in half. CC was also 33 when he got his head kicked off by Gonzaga, not exactly an old man. Pride was a different animal altogether, let's not pretend the fighters were on equal playing fields.

Everyone in Pride was on an equal playing field because they were all encouraged to roid.

Not like today where Brock and Jones can roid but their opponent's can't.

Also Crocop had over 100 fights between boxing, kickboxing and mma by the Gonzaga fight and a bunch of knee surgeries.

You think the UFC before USADA was any cleaner?

Back