Prime Fedor vs Prime Cain

Lol. Fedor has more than twice as many top 10 wins as Cain. He has more than twice as many wins period.

Fedor was never KO'ed or dropped for over a decade. Fedor beat many strikers that were far more dangerous than Cheick Kongo.

In the few fights we have seen of Cain he is very hittable and that is a death wish against the GOAT

Ahh twice as many top 10 wins as Cain?? Well isn’t that cute since GSP has double top 5 wins as fedro while fighting less fights. Also Cain has more top 5 or top 10 wins than fedor when they both had 16 fights. Shit Cain has more top wins at 16 fights than fedor did at 25 fights!

Fujita stanky legged fedor, dat k1 level striking of fujita lolz. And point was that a shitty and I mean very elementary shitty striker like fujita can stanky leg fedro, well Cain certainly has a chance.

Ahh twice as many top 10 wins as Cain?? Well isn’t that cute since GSP has double top 5 wins as fedro while fighting less fights. Also Cain has more top 5 or top 10 wins than fedor when they both had 16 fights. Shit Cain has more top wins at 16 fights than fedor did at 25 fights!

Fujita stanky legged fedor, dat k1 level striking of fujita lolz. And point was that a shitty and I mean very elementary shitty striker like fujita can stanky leg fedro, well Cain certainly has a chance.
Sure, Cain has a chance. I gave him a 2/10 chance.

Also, Cain got into the UFC with a 2-0 record. Fedor was 10-1 and a RINGS HW champ before he got into PRIDE.

Cain got into the big show of his era quicker yet he still has half as many top 10 wins as Fedor.

Fujita and CC were the only people to really catch Fedor on the feet with anything significant in like his first 10 years. Fedor fought Mirko, Hunt, Arlovski, Sylvia, Schilt, Rogers, Goodridge, etc. Fedor would have no problem outstriking Cain and Cain could not threaten Fedor on the ground with much either. I could see a lot of hugging against the fence but he can't do that for a whole 25 minutes to Fedor. At some point Cain gets lit up

Fedor knocks him out. He had great speed and precision with that right hand and Cain is very iffy with his "D", Fedor lands and puts Cains lights out. I would say first round. And that's in the octagon, under Pride rules with the full attack I'd worry about Cain getting seriously hurt

Last edited:
Sure, Cain has a chance. I gave him a 2/10 chance.

Also, Cain got into the UFC with a 2-0 record. Fedor was 10-1 and a RINGS HW champ before he got into PRIDE.

Cain got into the big show of his era quicker yet he still has half as many top 10 wins as Fedor.

Fujita and CC were the only people to really catch Fedor on the feet with anything significant in like his first 10 years. Fedor fought Mirko, Hunt, Arlovski, Sylvia, Schilt, Rogers, Goodridge, etc. Fedor would have no problem outstriking Cain and Cain could not threaten Fedor on the ground with much either. I could see a lot of hugging against the fence but he can't do that for a whole 25 minutes to Fedor. At some point Cain gets lit up

Yeah and Cain also had over 100 division 1 high level matches before getting to the big stage. But FACT is that cain has more top winsat 16 fights than fedor did at 25. Shouldn’t have tried to use Cain’s fights against him, kind of blew up in your face there bud.

Again. All I’m saying, if dat k1 striking of fujita can rock fedor on the feet well cain def has a shot on the feet. Advantage toss up.

On the ground it’s a wrap. Cain ain’t no 7 foot uncoordinated fuck or some Japan pro wrestler, he has legit as fuck grappling skill. Advantage cain.

Cain beats fedor 9/10 times in a cage to answer op’s question.

Simple question

In the cage, who wins and how?

In my opinion a peak version of Fedor and the healthiest version of Cain would have a very close battle but I say Fedor by decision in a unified rules match. By TKO in a Pride Rules match.

Cain at his peak was one of the best ever, but prime Fedor was a different animal

Yeah and Cain also had over 100 division 1 high level matches before getting to the big stage. But FACT is that cain has more top winsat 16 fights than fedor did at 25. Shouldn’t have tried to use Cain’s fights against him, kind of blew up in your face there bud.

Again. All I’m saying, if dat k1 striking of fujita can rock fedor on the feet well cain def has a shot on the feet. Advantage toss up.

On the ground it’s a wrap. Cain ain’t no 7 foot uncoordinated fuck or some Japan pro wrestler, he has legit as fuck grappling skill. Advantage cain.

Cain beats fedor 9/10 times in a cage to answer op’s question.
Nothing blew up in my face. The reason Cain had more top 10 wins after only 16 fights is because Cain was allowed into the UFC with a 2-0 record and fought for the belt in his 8th fight. Fedor also faced top 10 guys in his first few fights but he had 11 fights before coming into PRIDE. Fedor still beat far more ranked fighters than Cain. There is no number about Cain that is more impressive than Fedor.

Sure, if Fujita can land on Fedor then Cain has a small chance. But if Cain can be knocked down by Kongo, KO'ed with one punch by JDS and completely outstruck by an old Werdum then of course Cain could and would be outstruck by a prime Fedor.

Fedor doesn't have to submit Cain on the ground. He probably wouldn't. But he is great at creating distance with his hips to work an escape or attempt a sub and use that to sweep or escape. Once back on the feet Cain gets destroyed by superior striking.

Nothing blew up in my face. The reason Cain had more top 10 wins after only 16 fights is because Cain was allowed into the UFC with a 2-0 record and fought for the belt in his 8th fight. Fedor also faced top 10 guys in his first few fights but he had 11 fights before coming into PRIDE. Fedor still beat far more ranked fighters than Cain. There is no number about Cain that is more impressive than Fedor.

Sure, if Fujita can land on Fedor then Cain has a small chance. But if Cain can be knocked down by Kongo, KO'ed with one punch by JDS and completely outstruck by an old Werdum then of course Cain could and would be outstruck by a prime Fedor.

Fedor doesn't have to submit Cain on the ground. He probably wouldn't. But he is great at creating distance with his hips to work an escape or attempt a sub and use that to sweep or escape. Once back on the feet Cain gets destroyed by superior striking.

Or prime Cain just repeatedly takes Fedor back down once Fedor gets up. Fedor was good enough off his back that TDD wasn't something he cared much about. Cain really wouldn't need to even set his shots up. He really could probably put Fedor on his back whenever he wanted. And prime Cain wouldn't tire doing it, at his best his cardio was as good or better than any HW ever.

There's danger spending that much time in Fedor's guard though. Cain would not be able to have even one lapse because Fedor would snatch that arm real quick and lock up the armbar.

It's hard to predict the fight because it's hard to know what Cain's strategy would be. A wrestle heavy gameplan where he just constantly takes Fedor down and doesn't bother much with standing with him then I favor Cain. But Cain had confidence in his striking, so there's no guarantee at all that he wouldn't stand with Fedor. And in that scenario, I favor Fedor and his quick hands and underrated power. I think at some point he'd sting Cain and finish him.

You don’t see a massive difference in Kongo, jds, and improved werdum’s striking compared to dat k1 level striking of fujita?? Dude lay off the glass jeez.

Regardless of what promotion you are in, you still have to win to get those top wins. Not my fault that fedor didnt face top comp like Cain did right away because Cain was not a duck. Not his fault he had more top wins at 16 fights than fedor did at 25 fights. What’s the excuse?? Fedor should have started fighting tougher comp rather than Japan pro Wrasslers. That’s actually a knock against fedor, not Cain.

Fedor is NOT submitting cain and Cain takes him down at will in his prime. Go watch roided Bigfoot vs Cain fight for reference. Standing it’s a toss up.

Fedor never fought someone like cain while cain fought someone like fedor if not a better version of fedor(Jds).if cain want to take fedor down and pound his off then he can,if he want to strike with fedor then he can do that too.

Fedor only wins if it’s Pride and thus rigged. Fedor is a below .500 fighter in bouts that were on the level and not works

Fedor's real record is 3-4. Cain wins.

You don’t see a massive difference in Kongo, jds, and improved werdum’s striking compared to dat k1 level striking of fujita?? Dude lay off the glass jeez.

Regardless of what promotion you are in, you still have to win to get those top wins. Not my fault that fedor didnt face top comp like Cain did right away because Cain was not a duck. Not his fault he had more top wins at 16 fights than fedor did at 25 fights. What’s the excuse?? Fedor should have started fighting tougher comp rather than Japan pro Wrasslers. That’s actually a knock against fedor, not Cain.

Fedor is NOT submitting cain and Cain takes him down at will in his prime. Go watch roided Bigfoot vs Cain fight for reference. Standing it’s a toss up.
Lol. How is it a knock against Fedor when Fedor has more ranked wins than Cain, even though Cain got into the UFC with a 2-0 record? Lol. Fedor beat more top guys and lasted longer.

I agree that Fedor probably wouldn't submit Cain unless he catches him in a guillotine when Cain shoots in. I doubt Cain takes him down 100% of the time. He might get stuffed a few times or Fedor will escape from bottom once taken down.

Or imagine if Cain was swept and put on his back? I doubt it would happen but Fedor did have great sweeps. We have never seen Cain do anything off his back. We have only seen him look for a standup escape. Fedor would be dropping hammers if he was on top.

Fedor lights him up in the feet or in the clinch. Cain's best chance is to press him against the cage and kill time but Fedor was great in the clinch and that really would not be a big deal there until he finds his time to break away and land a big strike.

Fedor never fought someone like cain while cain fought someone like fedor if not a better version of fedor(Jds).if cain want to take fedor down and pound his off then he can,if he want to strike with fedor then he can do that too.
On the feet, Fedor absolutely outstrikes Cain. They are leagues difference.

Fedor has fought a few wrestlers that were much higher level than Cain and they were not able to keep him down and control him. Fedor is not losing to Cain by LNP.

Cain's best chance would be to press Fedor up against the cage and drop down for takedowns late in the round but in 20 or 25 minutes Fedor has far more tools and far more finishing ability. Fedor would hurt Cain and finish him at some point. Cain can only win by decision whereas Fedor has far more ways to win.

On the feet, Fedor absolutely outstrikes Cain. They are leagues difference.

Fedor has fought a few wrestlers that were much higher level than Cain and they were not able to keep him down and control him. Fedor is not losing to Cain by LNP.

Cain's best chance would be to press Fedor up against the cage and drop down for takedowns late in the round but in 20 or 25 minutes Fedor has far more tools and far more finishing ability. Fedor would hurt Cain and finish him at some point. Cain can only win by decision whereas Fedor has far more ways to win.
1:No they're not.jds technical boxing is better than fedor an look what cain did to him.the takedown threat is a big factor in this fight
2:cain mma wrestling is better than Coleman and his top control is far better than Coleman.
3: cain won't just lay and pray like Coleman,he would try to pound fedor face off
4:go watch Bigfoot vs fedor fight.and imagine it 10 times worse

When i joined sherdog i thought there will be people who follow mma, but instead i see absolutely uneducated fanboys and haters.
CAIN HIMSELF CALLED FEDOR BEST EVER

The grappling in this fight is very hard to predict as we've never seen Cain go to the ground with a really dangerous sub fighter. Standing I think Fedor has quite a significant edge in technique, especially in defence.

Back