Prime Fedor vs Prime Cain

In a rinf Fedor could catch Cain with an armbar or a big punch. In a cage he is not escaping clinch/ground game of Cain.

I love that old washed Bellator Fedor still gets more threads in the Heavies than any fighter

This thread has been created hundreds of times, over the period of several years.

Smh, never going to happen, and who honestly cares?

Like really, Fedor loses in clinch position?
And do you really believe its not all about being out of prime but about ring/cage?
Even if Cain would take him down, as soon as he goes to the ground on his back, he gonna submit him with an armbar. End of story for burito pride (sorry but brown pride tatio is racist and dumb shit). Cain lost atleast once in his prime and its enough go exclude him from any talks about beating the unbeatable, not to mention Werdum loss
Between the two of them, I'm a much bigger fan of Fedor, but let's not be ridiculous here. Cain is a completely different kind of beast. The Cain that mauled JDS in the 2nd and 3rd fights would be a nightmare.

And L...O....L at Fedor immediately arm barring him. Mark Hunt got the mount on Fedor for fucks sake.

My god...I think prime Cain murders prime Fedor. They are heavies so of course Fedor has a chance to turn the lights out but I say Cain wins 7-8/10.

Between the two of them, I'm a much bigger fan of Fedor, but let's not be ridiculous here. Cain is a completely different kind of beast. The Cain that mauled JDS in the 2nd and 3rd fights would be a nightmare.

And L...O....L at Fedor immediately arm barring him. Mark Hunt got the mount on Fedor for fucks sake.

Yeah he did but was the mount really a dangerous position for Fedor against Hunt?

Fedor would finish him quickly

View attachment 343771

Cain murders Fedor with ease.
That was Fedor at age 40.

Here is Cain at 27 and 29.

975lpd.jpg

1.gif

I could actually see Fedor finishing Cain exactly how Junior did there.

You mean the Cain that nearly killed roided Bigfoot …

Yeah I will take him all day against fedro lol

Prime Fedor would murk Prime Cain, wouldn’t be that competitive of a fight imo. Have never been impressed with Cain honestly. GOOD fighter by no means would I call him one of the greats.

That was Fedor at age 40.

Here is Cain at 27 and 29.

975lpd.jpg

1.gif

I could actually see Fedor finishing Cain exactly how Junior did there.
Fedor doesn't have to power and accuracy of Jds.
And you know how the rematch went

I'm not a Cain bandwagon guy... But I think he's a really bad fight for Fedor. He usually has cardio for days, I feel he hits harder. And had the wrestling to nullify most of Fedor's offense.

Fedor doesn't have to power and accuracy of Jds.
And you know how the rematch went
That is arguable. Fedor was very accurate and hit like a truck.

You think Fedor can't hurt Cain on the feet but Kongo and Werdum can?

38 year old Werdum outstruck Cain all night long until Cain shot in and was immediately subbed. Fedor only needs to connect once or twice to rock Cain and finish him.

Cain's poor striking defense and habit of walking into strikes spells doom versus a great striker and fast and heavy handed guy like Fedor.

Cain wins in a cage. Fedor wins in a ring.

There always a chance Fedor catches him and KO's him, but I think Cain will be too strong in the clinch and with his top game. Fedor won't be able to avoid the takedown in the cage.

I would have the same answer. Cain in the cage, fedor in the ring.

Cain's game was perfect for the cage, he would impose his grappling on fedor against the cage. Fedor never looked comfortable in the cage.

But it's not a very fair comparison. Fedor trained and learned most of what he knew in the ring and for ring fighting. Had he trained for the cage from the start his game would have adapted.

Either way i think fedor would have a better chance of winning in the cage than cain would have in the ring.

Back