Prime Emelianenko vs. Miocic

Stipe would KO him. Fighters are just better now

20170624090644_1DX_3030.JPG

I see Fedor getting knocked cold.

Stipe would KO him. Fighters are just better now
Fedor is the goat based on his accomplishments in the context of mma back then, but current Miocic would be a tough matchup. I favor Stipe but not by much. his defense is poor af and fedor was a beast in his prime, 55-45 for me.

Don't you know, older fighter always beats more recent fighter.
(except in sports where there's a stopwatch or a measure of any kind, so you can actually compare, in those sports present athletes always beat older ones convincingly)

So there is actually many people who feel Miocic should be considered the GOAT instead?

Youth is not a necessary precursor to athletic success. Neither is evolving with the game.

I saw Vladimir Putin skate through an entire hockey team and score a bunch of times! He made it look like they were standing still and scared for their lives!

If the fight was in Russia, Stipe would have no chance. Even if he KO'd him, Fedor would still somehow win a decision.

Prime Fedor would've crushed him.

Actually, in this case I'd pick Fedor for 2 reasons. 1) I don't think Miocic is incredible, he's good but not special. I've seen his bell rung by both Overeem and even Werdum. He has decent fundamentals, but he's not quick which is what Fedor had. 2) Fedor was in his prime during a very questionable doping era; Miocic has only been champion material since everyone has had to quit using. My assumption is Fedor did and would have that advantage.

I'd give prime Fedor a better than 50% chance versus any current top HW. I just think he'd also get some losses if he had to face a bunch of em in a row rather than getting cans thrown in with the occasional legit opponent.

I would have loved to see prime Fedor versus healthy Brock. Not because Brock is better than current HW's, it just would have been interesting to see Fedor try to handle Brock in a cage.

So there is actually many people who feel Miocic should be considered the GOAT instead?

His current streak of first round KO's ovee Arlovski, Werdum, Reem, and JDS is the greatest 4 fight stretch in HW history.

Fedor would have to use his grappling to win. 50/50 fight IMO

Did you make this thread to get the Fedor circle jerk going again?

depends on whether or not the judges are russian and backed by fedor.

Back