Prime Duran vs Prime Mayweather

Seeing as how you guys think Hatton as a lineal jww and in the top ten for years is shit, who else should Floyd fight if he didn't go up in weight? Floyd beat maulers a lot, why would Duran be different?

You could, I suppose. Floyd's one close fight was sort of flukey where as Duran lost to technically skilled, athletic boxers almost every time out.
Only after he'd moved to WW and above, both at a prime 135 I'd have to take Duran. Castillo and Maidana all but beat Floyd and their reverence is miniscule compared to the legendary Panamanian.

Seeing as how you guys think Hatton as a lineal jww and in the top ten for years is shit, who else should Floyd fight if he didn't go up in weight? Floyd beat maulers a lot, why would Duran be different?
didnt he fight him at ww? a weight where he arguably lost to collazo and pretty much looked like shit for the most part at that weight

Floyd would beat srl and Duran and would lose to hearns and hagler imo if we are talking about the entire fab 4. I also think he would beat Benitez.

Mayweather. He's all wrong for Duran because Floyd is also a master of in-fighting.

Floyd takes that at any weight.

Floyd beats Duran easily but depends on what fight Floyd decides to fight. I see a lot of people bringing up Maidana but Maidana had success because Floyd allowed him to meaning Floyd chose to stay in the pocket and against the ropes a lot more in that fight but as we saw in the second fight when he moved more its a much clearer win. If Floyd fought Duran the way he fought Corrales or Canelo it would be an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd beats Duran easily but depends on what fight Floyd decides to fight. I see a lot of people bringing up Maidana but Maidana had success because Floyd allowed him to meaning Floyd chose to stay in the pocket and against the ropes a lot more in that fight but as we saw in the second fight when he moved more its a much clearer win. If Floyd fought Duran the way he fought Corrales or Canelo it would be an easy win for Floyd.
What about when castillo arguably beat him? I think floyd would win 6 or 7 times outta 10 but by no means would it be easy

People, you can't compare Duran to the inside fighters and "maulers" Floyd has fought. He's leagues above any of them.

What about when castillo arguably beat him? I think floyd would win 6 or 7 times outta 10 but by no means would it be easy
I dont really wana make excuses for Floyd but I think that was more to do with luck and either Floyd having a bad day or Castillo having a good day. Floyd did say he had an injury in that fight.

Only after he'd moved to WW and above, both at a prime 135 I'd have to take Duran. Castillo and Maidana all but beat Floyd and their reverence is miniscule compared to the legendary Panamanian.

Maidana didn't all but beat Floyd.

I don't think anyone in boxing history around his weight beats the best version of Duran easily.

I dont really wana make excuses for Floyd but I think that was more to do with luck and either Floyd having a bad day or Castillo having a good day. Floyd did say he had an injury in that fight.

Floyd might have underestimated Castillo and it's possible that he wasn't at his absolute best, but people should remember that Castillo was still very competitive with Floyd in their rematch even if Floyd clearly won. Castillo gave Floyd problems because Castillo possessed skills that give Floyd trouble (footwork above all else). Duran had very good footwork (although, despite Duran being clearly the better fighter, I wouldn't say that he had clearly better footwork than Castillo) in addition to being generally superior offensively in just about every way (better puncher, better infighter, better counter puncher, etc.). Duran at his best simply wouldn't be an easy fight for Floyd (or anyone else).

Yes they do. Floyd never fought an ATG prime guy his own size or bigger.
Who should Floyd have fought that was "prime" and bigger in his entire career?

Canelo wasnt bigger or in his Prime (Canelo was 23 when he lost to Mayweather, while SRL was 24 when he lost Duran)?
Time will tell but safe to assume Canelo will be a HOF guy when he's done.

Cotto can be considered pretty close to still prime considering the run he went on at the "bigger" weight classes AFTER he lost to Floyd. Would you disagree that Cotto will be an ATG?

Manny was in the same weight class and just as "prime" as Mayweather (point is, neither was any more prime than the other and Manny is an all time great and was Top 3 of the division when they fought), tell me who would've beat Manny at the time he fought Floyd?

And correct me If I'm wrong but didn't Duran and SRL fight in the same weight class when they fought, so who was reallt "bigger"? This whole "bigger" argument is trash. If one guy was taller thats supposed to be the excuse that he's bigger?

Floyd schools him.

I've said this a million times, list Durans best performances and his worst and tell me which Camp of fighters Floyd fits in.

floyd would box his ears off. It'd be like a combination of Pac vs Floyd and Baldomir vs Floyd.

Duran didn't beat guys like Floyd.

You are such a smug son of a bitch

You are such a smug son of a bitch
americanpsycho.gif

Back