Prime Duran vs Prime Mayweather

Benitez was bigger and harder hitting than Floyd, that fight wasn't even at WW.

couldnt you do the same thing with floyd. list his best and worst performances and see which category duran falls under...castillo is basically a poors mans duran
Problem is Floyd never lost even in his worst performances.

Hasnt this subject been done more than a few times?

You could make a case for both of them.

I can excuse any poor performance Duran gave, even the second fight with Leonard, except his fight with
Benitez. For someone as skilled as him it was weird to see him so outclassed, by someone not significantly bigger or faster.
He said he wasn't prepared properly for both fights and he didn't give Benitez any credit here http://www.ringtv.com/462377-best-faced-roberto-duran/
but it seems to me like a big question-mark in the record of a man who is so highly regarded!

Having said that, I think that Duran could beat Floyd, due to his superior physicality.
Dude kept his power even at middleweight. Leonard said he was the stronger puncher he faced by far.
A motivated and well prepared Duran would have a good chance.

He shows here how would he do it at 1:57

Duran's most impressive career fights were the win against SRL in their first fight and the close decision loss to Hagler. Both those fighters are better than anyone Floyd beat. Having said that I would slightly favor Mayweather in a bout between them.

Ive said this before last time a Floyd vs Duran thread came around. You could guarantee like clockwork Floyd comes in prepared and motivated to NOT lose. With Duran you just not sure, his consistency has always been my knock on him. At any given time Floyd has the edge.

Oh and one win over SRL doesn't trump wins over Pacquiao, Cotto, De La Hoya, Marquez, Canelo, Mosley all 6 will be HOF'ers
Only guys with a better resume's in history than Floyd is Manny and Ali.

hard to say really, duran was so hot and cold that you don't know what guy would show up, the lightweight terror who built his legend, the guy who upset sugar ray or the guy who quit a couple times and came in completely out of it against benitez and hearns. Mayweather at least came in in shape more consistent than just about any fighter I can think of but, well, both guys had a lot of frontrunner in them and frontrunners are pretty unpredictable when faced with adversity. I'd pick SLL, Hearns and many others over mayweather in a heartbeat though.

Ive said this before last time a Floyd vs Duran thread came around. You could guarantee like clockwork Floyd comes in prepared and motivated to NOT lose. With Duran you just not sure, his consistency has always been my knock on him. At any given time Floyd has the edge.

Oh and one win over SRL doesn't trump wins over Pacquiao, Cotto, De La Hoya, Marquez, Canelo, Mosley all 6 will be HOF'ers
Srr...
I have quite a few guys ahead of floyd tbh in terms of resume

Made a thread a little while ago of my to 50 take a look and than lemme know what you want to debate on
Had floyd at 21 i think
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-top-50-greatest-fighters-ever.3406407/#post-124236587
Cool Ill check it out. I see it says Top 50. Is that strickly based on resume? Remember we always get into a debate on resume/quality wins vs p4p greatness. Prime example is Roy Jones Jr.. Ray Robinson would have problems beating Roy of the 2000s but RJJ's resume is far far down the list of opponents.

Cool Ill check it out. I see it says Top 50. Is that strickly based on resume? Remember we always get into a debate on resume/quality wins vs p4p greatness. Prime example is Roy Jones Jr.. Ray Robinson would have problems beating Roy of the 2000s but RJJ's resume is far far down the list of opponents.
Resume

The question you have to ask yourself is "who would be fighting their fight?" Floyd has been backed up and bullied by lesser fighters. Augustus, Castillo, Hatton, Cotto, Maidana, De La Hoya all had Floyd fighting against the ropes for large stretches, and it was the place he lost the rounds he did.The fight is inevitably going to end up inside, and as good as Floyd is there, Duran is much better.

Floyd has movement, reach, handspeed, and intelligence. It's enough to make it close and beat Duran in a rematch. But Floyd's default style is susceptible to a lot of what Duran brings, namely feints (few if any did it better), a great jab, a-level ring-cutting skills, a full punch arsenal, and a good use of angles. A crafty overhand right doesn't hurt either.

Duran beat SRL when BOTH were at their best. He gave a prime Hagler a tough fight. I think Duran is able to win. Duran I would argue was as good or even a better infighter. Mayweather would have a tough one ahead of him. A rough Maidana gave him real trouble, an over the hill DLH got a split loss but kept it that close. Castillo arguably won the first.

Who says, with confidence, that Duran can't based on those above names? I wouldn't be able to be that confident.

Yes they do. Floyd never fought an ATG prime guy his own size or bigger.

Back