Prime Clay Guida would DESTROY Conor McGregor

Many years ago, my original account here got banned because I joked that Clay Guida kinda resembled the Geico caveman, mostly based on his hair. Calling him "an absolute embarrassment to MMA" seems far more inflammatory and insulting.
This place was a different world back then. Friend of mine got banned for calling out Paul Kelly for trying to fake the glove touch against Donald Cerrone.

Guida is near the top of the pile of fighters I can't stand.

Partly because I am a fan of Pettis and Nate and Guida wrestlefucked both of them.

That said, Conor knocks his ass out in the first round. His wrestling isn't that good, he simply looked good against guys that have terrible TDD.

He loses to better wrestlers every time. His striking is pretty awful and he eats a lot of shots. All it would take is 2-3 from McGregor and its lights out. Alvarez has better wrestling and standup than Guida and look how he fared.

Guida wouldn't last 1 minute in the octagon with Conor or in bed with Conor's woman.

No way. He got up frim under Mendes and stuffed a few TDs.

Conor in under 2 minutes.

Garbage thread. No amount of dancing around like a spaz keeps Conor from knocking Guida dead in the first.

Guida never benefitted from favorable match ups. He puts the pace on Conor and drowns him in later rounds. Suck it haters.

Guida has to be one of the most underrated fighters ever. Because of his shtick and awful performances lately probably.
Because of his fighting style. Also, did he really fight just with hair in his eyes not being able to see any hooks coming lol? Prime Guida might be the most smothering blanket I can think of and I do not remember any GnP or submissions. That's why. Team HellHouse? HammerHouse? They just trained top control for 15 minutes. No passing. Just from whatever position the TD landed in.

Destroy? Not sure but he could absolutely win. He blanketed prime Pettis who is a much better grappler than Conor.

The funny part is that Guida has better career wins than Khabib, nowhere near Conor level though.

Dude got ko'd stiff by roger Huerta lol

Huerta had a wrestling whereas McGregor clearly doesn’t.

Both Huerta and Guida are leagues above McGregor in cardio.

That was also a peak performance for him in his career.

Huerta had a wrestling whereas McGregor clearly doesn’t.

Both Huerta and Guida are leagues above McGregor in cardio.

That was also a peak performance for him in his career.
wtf are you talking about guida was like 20-22 takedowns in that fight fucking idiot

Destroy? Not sure but he could absolutely win. He blanketed prime Pettis who is a much better grappler than Conor.

Pettis has better submissions, not wrestling or getups.

Pettis has better submissions, not wrestling or getups.
The only person Conor has ever fought in the UFC that came to wrestle was Chad Mendes who took him down multiple times.

The funny part is that Guida has better career wins than Khabib, nowhere near Conor level though.

Khabib doesn't have a deep resume, but his top two wins, RDA and Barboza, are just as good as Conor's top two wins, Aldo and Eddie. And it's not like Khabib would struggle with the rest of the division outside of maybe Tony.

Back