Prime Chad Mendes (fought Aldo the 2nd time) vs peak Frankie Edgar

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The juiced, 5 fight win streak, Duane Ludwig trained Mendes that fought Jose Aldo the second time would beat a peak Frankie Edgar.

Thoughts?

It probably would go something like this I imagine :

TornGrotesqueIndianelephant.gif

It probably would go something like this I imagine :

That wasn't prime Mendes. That Mendes had just gone through a war with Aldo and knocked out by Conor beforehand. I described to you who Prime Mendes was.

Frankie is and always will be twice the man his juicing clone wishes he was.

Chad would be eaten alive at LW.

Didnt chad fight frankie the same calendar year he fought aldo and conor?

Also, frankie wins regardless of the order.

Mendes.

That Aldo II fight was something special to behold.

Chads striking whilst powerful isn't quite as fluid and refined as Frankies experienced boxing.

However Chads chin certainly had been battered by both the 2nd Aldo fight and Conor after that.

Chad was landing some pretty hard leg kicks on Frankie if I remember but his chin just gave out on the first clean shot he took.

Mendes was truly fucking awesome. One of the greatest 145ers of all time. Great wrestling, fast, good punching power.

But as good as he is, Frankie is just a little bit better. I think I would always favor Frankie 9/10 times to win this fight at any point in history.

Lol at all this prime crap. Peak Edgar is the guy who beat Penn twice and Maynard. He would beat any version of Mendes.

Frankie is a bit better. But it's not the huge difference some people make it out to be.

Both beat Conor though.

I saw Edgar Mendes fight, it's clear who's better.

Chads striking whilst powerful isn't quite as fluid and refined as Frankies experienced boxing.

However Chads chin certainly had been battered by both the 2nd Aldo fight and Conor after that.

Chad was landing some pretty hard leg kicks on Frankie if I remember but his chin just gave out on the first clean shot he took.

Chad was landing solid kicks, but Frankie was outclassing Chad any time hands were exchanged.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Chad tried that same "feint take down and come up with an uppercut" that he rocked Aldo with, but Edgar stepped back, took an angle, parried the punch and countered. Beautiful stuff

giphy.gif

And obviously the finish was a great combo.

That wasn't prime Mendes. That Mendes had just gone through a war with Aldo and knocked out by Conor beforehand. I described to you who Prime Mendes was.
It also wasn't prime Edgar either

Chad has lost to all of the truly elite fighters he has faced

It also wasn't prime Edgar either

Chad has lost to all of the truly elite fighters he has faced
Its true he is in a division with 3 elite guys and lost to them all. Holllway is there now too but i would pick current max vs any version of chad.

Geez I just took a huge shit on the other Chad vs Frankie thread. Why are there two of these dumb threads? This is literally the first time I've ever seen TS say something other than "_____ is the most overrated fighter of all time."

Frankie beat him not long after his supposed Prime which i wouldn't say Mendes is out of yet still a tough outing f or most at 145

Chad was SO SCARY back then. Frankie is tough af though. I'm a huge fan of Chad but I'm not confident that he'd beat Frankie more than 5/10 times.

I feel like Chad has the style to give Frankie a lot of trouble but just got caught the first fight. 50/50 fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back