Prime Aoki vs Prime Khabib

As much as I loved watching Shinya fight I think Khabib beats him quite easily. Askren disposed of Shinya quite easily and Askren is a poor man's Khabib.

Would have been a great fight to watch nonetheless.

Aoki has seen on the slide for quite awhile though, last decent win he had was Boku back in 2013.

It would be an interesting match. Even if Khabib were to get top position and dominate the entire fight, there'd always be that tension that Aoki could pull off a sub from nowhere, not like a striker trying vainly to get up to standing position and then try to work Khabib.

But, like others, I think the weight difference would likely be too much. Yes, Aoki fought at welter, but I think he had to work to get his weight that high. Khabib would cut less than he usually does, but still he'd be cutting a decent amount to get down to welter.

I think Khabib would do it. If he takes top position and completely avoids full guard and doesn't get swept, I think he can beat him. Aoki is bigger for LW, but Khabib is even bigger.. he walks around at like 190 lol

Back