Prime Anthony Johnson vs Prime Anderson Silva

Silva quite easily. Rumble was tailor made for him. He isn't a pressure wrestler. He loops his punches. He presses forward in a robotic way.

It would be similar to the way Rumble was easily handled by Vitor. He would get stung. He would panic wrestle, likely knee'd in the head, turtle up and either be finished by strikes or sub.

Anderson didn't even get so much as rocked until he was 38. So where is Rumble going to get the win here? Decision? Please. Anderson with ease.

BTW Prime Silva was vs Hendo & Franklin. Just because he won post this point doesn't mean he was prime. Silva came from an era where MMA only really became mainstream until the mid 2000's so he was late 20's before he had complete MMA training.

In contrast, guys coming up today have access to this training in their early 20's.

Anderson Silva was in Chute Boxe since he was a teenager. Come on. Your new breed argument is hogwash. TRT already proved that. MFs get old. MMA has not evolved that much since 2000.
That's all.

To me, Prime Silva was pre-Sonnen Silva. The first Sonnen fight showed other fighters that AS was finally becoming beatable. Sonnen was nothing AS has not faced before because he has already beaten better in Dan Henderson. Age and hubris beat AS more than Chris Weidman to be honest. As for Rumble, he is too much of a mental midget to crack Prime Silva. S\

I agree completely. That first Sonnen fight was when Silva started getting slightly past his prime. He still won fights impressively after that, but I don't think he was in his prime at that point. Like you said, prime Anderson was pre-Sonnen Anderson. And he was a scary monster when he was prime.

Silva quite easily. Rumble was tailor made for him. He isn't a pressure wrestler. He loops his punches. He presses forward in a robotic way.

It would be similar to the way Rumble was easily handled by Vitor. He would get stung. He would panic wrestle, likely knee'd in the head, turtle up and either be finished by strikes or sub.

Anderson didn't even get so much as rocked until he was 38. So where is Rumble going to get the win here? Decision? Please. Anderson with ease.

BTW Prime Silva was vs Hendo & Franklin. Just because he won post this point doesn't mean he was prime. Silva came from an era where MMA only really became mainstream until the mid 2000's so he was late 20's before he had complete MMA training.

In contrast, guys coming up today have access to this training in their early 20's.

^ great post

No one hits prime andy. And he had a chin for the ages. Any wins via johnson gassing.

andy via rumble gassing trying to finish him

16%2B-%2B1
mma_s_koscheck-johnson01_576.jpg
images
giphy.gif

Rumble quits and get finished by any opponent that's a better athlete and more explosive than him.

Are people really going to pretend that Anderson Silva would not most likely embarrass and pick Rumble apart. Fickle fans I tell you.

If you just stand with RUMBLE----- 205 pound RUMBLE then you're asking for a cage nap.Prime Anderson had "more than the tools" to ground Johnson and get finish.

Let me ask you. You think Sonnen is a better fighter than the Dan Henderson Silva beat? I said the Sonnen fight showed other fighters he was beatable. Just like Machida losing to Shogun.

Haha you're joking right???
Silva destroys any version of Rumble without breaking a sweat!

I want to say Anthony Johnson has a puncher's chance but you're talking about prime Silva here, the one who walked through H-bombs like nothing which are just as powerful as Johnson's hardest shots. The Spider wins 10/10 times.

Prime Anderson could beat anyone at 185 or 205. But keep in mind he didn't want to trade with Patrick Cote. If Rumble doesn't push the pace this fight would be a major disappointment.

Yeah but Anderson is a master at gauging range and not getting hit, and frustrating his opponents. And Rumble is known to get frustrated and have things go downhill after that happens. Plus he gases relatively quick and Anderson does not.
The only time rumble ever folds is when getting wrestle f@cked. Anderson can't do that to him. Rumble by death.

Silva got dropped Sonnen and knocked out cold by Weidman, both of whom are wrestlers.
A real, hard hitting striker at a higher weight class would destroy him.
Lmao it's like Holloway said, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. you can get dropped 10 times in a championship fight, but the way Anderson came back in the 5th round, down on every round, in the last minute of the last round, pulled off that triangle? dude that's legendary. guarantee you Rumble's never done anything like that, no he just gives up and shit when someone takes his back and throws the whole fucking fight. difference between the two is, Anderson Silva actually has heart and championship mentality, something Rumble Johnson totally lacks in.

Brain says silva

Silva was always smart. Rumble never had a gas tank to go 5 rounds, so Silva would just tire him out and then get the KO in some crazy way or pull a sub

Rumble is a total frontrunner who quits when challenged via being outstruck or outwrestled. Belfort beat him as well as Koscheck on strikes. Silva would make him miss and own him.

Back