Prime Anthony Johnson vs Prime Anderson Silva

World class striking defense in action
UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

Honestly Andersons boxing defence is probably the single most overrated skill in MMA history. Not saying he was terrible but all that matrix showboating doesn't disguise he was wasn't some unhittable ghost.

You look back to the pre Matrix days and really it was more about him out chinning and powering(he's certainly one of the most creative and dangerous strikers in MMA history) opponents like Franklin, Hendo and Murray.

Last edited:
Yeah you might be right. And absolutely that Murray fight was really good.

I hear Murray got released from prison recently.

Yeah sadly with our pussified justice system. Its a joke. He is a career criminal and should stay in prison much longer.

Andy got hit because of the takedown threat from Chael. That shit wouldn't exist with Rumble and Silva could just focus on the standup.

What? Rumble is a good wrestler and would take Anderson down if he wanted to

Honestly Andersons boxing defence is probably the single most overrated skill in MMA history. Not saying he was terrible but all that matrix showboating doesn't disguise he was wasn't some unhittable ghost.

You look back to the pre Matrix days and really it was more about him out chinning and power powering(he's certainly one of the most creative and dangerous strikers in MMA history) opponents like Franklin, Hendo and Murray.

Yeah if you watch the Franklin and Hendo fights, Andy gets tagged. But he eats 'em like pancakes and gives zero fucks about it. And that shit made his opponents start wilting. You could see it.

Prime Silva would clown Johnson and finish him inside 2 rounds. 40 year old peg leg Silva hurt DC to the body. No way would rumble ever catch prime Silva.

Prime Silva would clown Johnson and finish him inside 2 rounds. 40 year old peg leg Silva hurt DC to the body. No way would rumble ever catch prime Silva.

That's what I'm thinking, it'd be hard for Rumble to even hit prime Anderson. And I think he'd start to gas, then start to wilt mentally. And THAT is exactly Anderson's game. He was always doing that to people.

You look back to the pre Matrix days and really it was more about him out chinning and power powering(he's certainly one of the most creative and dangerous strikers in MMA history) opponents like Franklin, Hendo and Murray.
The Funny thing is anderoid Silva avoided 62% of strikes which mean his striking defense is not even among the best
Andy got hit because of the takedown threat from Chael. That shit wouldn't exist with Rumble and Silva could just focus on the standup.
Doesn't matter,Silva still got hit clean and dropped by a one dimensional wrestler.
Silva cannot avoid the bomb for 5 minutes

Dude you're trolling your ass off in this thread

Lol. You clearly haven’t seen Rumble fights before.

So you have made this thread asking a question and people who think Rumble would win you have an issue with?

What was the point?

Rumble by totally smashing and destroying Silva.He would do whatever he wants,strike,mix up takedowns etc.
Would be a bad fight for Silva

Lol. You clearly haven’t seen Rumble fights before.

So you have made this thread asking a question and people who think Rumble would win you have an issue with?

What was the point?

I don't have any issue with people thinking Rumble would win. Hell, Rumble could VERY WELL win. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I have an issue with people discrediting Anderson the way you've been doing. You're clearly biased against Anderson. But that's fine dude. We can agree to disagree. You have every right to your own opinions...wrong as they may be. :D

I don't have any issue with people thinking Rumble would win. Hell, Rumble could VERY WELL win. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I have an issue with people discrediting Anderson the way you've been doing. You're clearly biased against Anderson. But that's fine dude. We can agree to disagree. You have every right to your own opinions...wrong as they may be. :D

But what was wrong about Rumble having good wrestling and would have the threat of a takedown vs Anderson like Sonnen did?

Disagree with the first part

Agree with the second.

Johnson lost in his prime because all he wanted was the weight advantage
Disagree with the first part

Agree with the second.

Silva was subbed by a guy with a negative record.

Also the thread says prime so it's LHW Johnson who only lost to DC.

Johnson isn't a garbage striker like Griffin and Bonnar.
Well prime Silva which a lot of people agree never lost so.

<GinJuice>

In a pure striking match like the one he'd get against SIlva it's hard to imagine anyone beating 205 Rumble. He's so fast and powerful, I think he'd catch Silva early and put him out.

To me, Prime Silva was pre-Sonnen Silva. The first Sonnen fight showed other fighters that AS was finally becoming beatable. Sonnen was nothing AS has not faced before because he has already beaten better in Dan Henderson. Age and hubris beat AS more than Chris Weidman to be honest. As for Rumble, he is too much of a mental midget to crack Prime Silva. S\

Back