Prime anderson silva striking defense was 62% and got tagged easily by franklin

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if silva striking defense is elite then why did he got tagged easily by franklin?(the only good technical striker that silva fought other than weidman who he lost to)wheres the "elite" striking defense went?and franklin is not a "great" striker.and people think Anderson silva would beat rumble,Whittaker,Gus,jones,Romero in a Stand up fight?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2:and if silva striking defense was elite then why is it only 62%?
https://web.archive.org/web/20131229050733/http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Anderson-Silva?id=
Also mod don't move my thread to wasteland again since this is not a fighter flaming thread.its a criticism thread
Flaming
"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between persons over the internet, often involving the use of profanity. It can also be the swapping of insults back and forth or with many people teaming up on a single victim."
-wiki

Last edited:
The first round of their second fight was intense.

His way seemed to work pretty well for him

I didn't realize getting hit by Rich Franklin, who is a very good striker, means that you have no striking defense...

Silva had no hespec for Franklin in both fights. He was toying with him.

I didn't realize getting hit by Rich Franklin, who is a very good striker, means that you have no striking defense...
lol franklin "very good" striker.hes a good striker but not a very good striker,and I didn't say Anderson got no striking defense..My main point is that his striking defense is good not great or elite because 62% is not great

Last edited:
Franklin was a good fighter. Plus Silva didn't enter the Matrix yet.

Franklin COULD of been champ for along time until Silva came along.
He's also not superior at anything, but above average and a jack of all trades type of guy. AND he knocked out chuck with a broken arm (even though air was a threat to him at that time).

Appreciate Rich, he always came to fight.

Just to help TS out, the last 3 gifs of the OP Rich doesn't hit Anderson even once anywhere in the face or head.

Anderson’s chin was under rated, his actual boxing probably overrated

Rich Franklin did suck; so getting hit a few times while taking less than 3 total rounds to stop him twice is embarrassing :rolleyes:

Sometimes, to smash the bee, one must first get stung.

Lol what a bum. And hes supposed to be a goat?

Look I only train as a hobby, but the only time I got caught was when I was too exhausted from benching 600lbs and banging dime bitches all day before sparring.

Last edited:
Just to help TS out, the last 3 gifs of the OP Rich doesn't hit Anderson even once anywhere in the face or head.
He absolutely lands a left in the second last gif. But ya, good call on the other two

All 3 gif show that the strikes landed on head and face.Use your eye
Only the 4th gif is controversial becuase of the camera angle,but we know it landed because rogan mentioned it in his view

He absolutely lands a left in the second last gif. But ya, good call on the other two
From the angle of the camera it looks like it hits Anderson's hand... It's not a perfect angle to be 100% positive one way or the other though.

Lol some nice indirect fighter bashing of Dan/Vitor as well in here.

Is that 62% stat actually true?? No right?

Back