Prime Aldo would dominate Prime GSP in a fight if they were both roughly the same size

You don’t think a 170 pound Aldo is a nightmare match up for GSP?
Considering that Aldo use to enter the cage 165-170 pounds and GSP enters the cage 190-195 I'd say no. Size matters especially with grappling heavy fighters. The threat of TD would prevent Aldo from using kicks. Plus Aldo has always slowed down in his fights while GSP's tank has historically been top notch. And that jab would be a bothersome.

Prime Aldo is a top 2/3 fighter but GSP would be a horrible match up. Even if Aldo would stop the early TD attempts GSP would eventually get him.

And because of the neutralization of Aldo's kicks you have to give GSP the advantage on the feet.

Considering that Aldo use to enter the cage 165-170 pounds and GSP enters the cage 190-195 I'd say no. Size matters especially with grappling heavy fighters. The threat of TD would prevent Aldo from using kicks. Plus Aldo has always slowed down in his fights while GSP's tank has historically been top notch. And that jab would be a bothersome.

Prime Aldo is a top 2/3 fighter but GSP would be a horrible match up. Even if Aldo would stop the early TD attempts GSP would eventually get him.
I disagree sir. Aldo is a nightmare match up for GSP. GSP won’t be able to take Aldo down and he’ll get outstruck on the feet.

Aldo 49-46 or 4th round TKO.

With all due respect bro... lay off the meth. It's really not working for you.

Out of prime Charlie the Spaniard Brenneman would lose vs three wasps if they were all the same size.

Next unrealistic prediction..?

Changing the weight class of a fighter and thinking he'd fight the same is ridiculous. If he goes up he'd slow down and maybe gain power.

Back