Pride was more legitimate than UFC.

Honestly I do think the view that Pride was in some ways a healthier situation in that you knew the buck stopped with them, if you had questionable reffing or judges decisions people would call bias and everyone knew that fighters could potentially be on PEDs.

The problem with the UFC for me is that it sells the hype that working though independent bodies like the AC's or USADA means bias is impossible, that these bodies are totally uncorruptable. That tends to mean MUCH more unquestioning acceptance of what happens in MMA today which I don't think is healthy.

Both Pride and the UFC now have shady decisions involving popular fighters who used PEDs. But, Pride actually had pro-wrestling-style, scripted bouts. Pride also had no qualms about putting absolutely MMA novices in the ring with 20-fight veterans. These facts lead me to inescapable conclusion that Pride was less "legitimate" of a fight org.

Jarl

Pseudo testings and preferential match-making doesn't make UFC any more legit though...
Than fixed fights??
Pride has setups

Well enjoy your memories of the long gone Pride

So zero testing and fixed fights were "more legit"?

Okay...
Both Pride and the UFC now have shady decisions involving popular fighters who used PEDs. But, Pride actually had pro-wrestling-style, scripted bouts. Pride also had no qualms about putting absolutely MMA novices in the ring with 20-fight veterans. These facts lead me to inescapable conclusion that Pride was less "legitimate" of a fight org.

Jarl

Hmmm... interesting... UFC had no fixed fights?

Deconstruct this MMA Myth.
Problem is... if you ask these dudes how many (Pancrase or Pride)... they´re gonna answer "a lot"... then you insist, they either duck the question or come back with 3-4 examples...

Hmmm... interesting... UFC had no fixed fights?

Ignores comment about putting vets and absolute beginners in the ring together. Offers no proof. Your post has as much values as lounge furniture with cigarette burns.

Jarl

Everybody whos not a herb ass lame knows that Pride was better in every way imaginable.
amen to that.

with bullshit like this and how the ufc is operating these days its becoming harder and harder to be an mma fan. luckily i still verry much enjoy Rizin and Bellator.

Ignores comment about putting vets and absolute beginners in the ring together. Offers no proof. Your post has as much values as lounge furniture with cigarette burns.

Jarl
I asked you something related to what you claimed. Specifically.

Im eager to learn.

scared.gif

Jarl

coleman shogun.png

Dana needs to give the refs earpieces and hand out %15 payout fines per yellow card - then UFC can be more legit

Okay...
it made for a more even playground yes. and its not like the ufc in its early days didnt have its fair share of fixed fights either. not even starting about steroid use...

you keep enjoying this dumbed down product and keep believing the ufc is a legit sport. Lesnar getting a titleshot. Conor not getting punished for his hooligan anthics and now Jones getting cleared only proves the ufc is as corrupt if not more corrupt then Pride ever was but again, Pride did atleast even the playing field for every competitor they had on their roster.

it made for a more even playground yes. and its not like the ufc in its early days didnt have its fair share of fixed fights either. not even starting about steroid use...

you keep enjoying this dumbed down product and keep believing the ufc is a legit sport. Lesnar getting a titleshot. Conor not getting punished for his hooligan anthics and now Jones getting cleared only proves the ufc is as corrupt if not more corrupt then Pride ever was but again, Pride did atleast even the playing field for every competitor they had on their roster.

shit Prides been dead for over a decade

I like martial arts and enjoy the UFC

all that other shit is irrelevant

Okay...
There are rumors that they tested in Pride

And if you weren’t on gear they gave it to you

Okay...

Werdum getting 24 months for his first offense while Johnnyboy is getting 15 for his second IS actually far less legit than not testing at all.

Than fixed fights??
Pride has setups

Well enjoy your memories of the long gone Pride

Fixed fights are disgusting. But as far as I know, accusations of fixed fights in Pride so far are a he-said she-said issue.

Do you actually think Big Nog and Cro Cop would throw fights with Fedor, especially considering Nog was the fan fav in their first fight, or the Chute Boxe-Hammer House and Chute Boxe-Rampage Jackson fights were fixed, or that the proud Gracies would throw four fights to an Asian wrestler, permanently tarnishing their family name, for the sake of some Yakuza money?

Pride championships and grand prix were a whole lot of fun. You have to actually win in order to get one step closer to the title shot. Like how all legitimate sports are supposed to be. When fan-fav Big Nog lost to Fedor the first time, he had to fight his way back up. If this was in the UFC, he would get an immediate bullshit rematch.

While in the UFC, a WWE wrestler with a 0-2-1NC who tested positive for PEDs in his last fight may very likely get an immediate title shot after 2 years of inactivity, and a WW legend gets an immediate title shot at MW after 4 years of inactivity and now seems to have abandoned MW.

I enjoy watching the UFC just as much as anyone, but to think that the UFC is anything close to a legitimate sport is an absolute joke.

I was always saying that......and i don't see any reason i will stop anytime soon.......Pride was literally on a higher level in almost every segment possible......well, maybe not in PPV buys, lol....

Just shows you how much more advanced Japanese people are, no offense, but muricans and west take a dump on everything they can....

Learn some respect. You just took a dump on the West instead of remembering the battles for freedom, amendments, and lost lives for your right to be a fucking bitch.
That does not show anything on the advancement of Japanese people in comparison to any other area of the world, beyond one company, for a few years in time. MMA came from everywhere, and even then, a Brazilian, and a Russian, changed MMA.

Back