Pride fights that never happened...

Fedor vs Barnett
Fedor vs Kharitonov
Shogun vs Wand
Saku vs anyone remotely in his own weight class. Someone like Minowa

Not that I want to see it now, but Saku v Rickson was a billion dollar fight that never happened.

One day something fucky was going on at bar, but do not stress, I had that look in my eyes. There was a group of wannabe thugs trying to stand out by being loud and harassing women, and normally I wouldn't care if they weren't being physical about it, but, man, there was a gorgeous waitress that I had hooked, lined and was almost ready to do the sinking and she happened to be one of the victims of these morons.

I tell my cousin, best friend and older brother (all the same person) that I'll be back in a minute; I approach these hooligans wannabes and explain to them that their behavior is unacceptable. As expected they overreact by screaming ad hominem attacks directed to, you guessed... me.

I start laughing because being honest, who the fuck have a chance against a sherdogger in a real life combat situation?, specially at a bar with street rules. The main man of the group stands up and try to do that little :eek::eek::eek: pushing that some idiots are accustomed to do and ends up eating a devastating hook to his ear lobe; that moron almost decapitates himself on the free fall with the side of a bar stool. The other two go nuts, they quickly get into "fighting" position ignoring all the basics to good balance and effective striking. I on the other hand was plenty of ready to fill the room with uppercuts, and the people around us were all dazed by my godly motivation; but they didn't try anything, they lovers just stood there and took the embarrassment.

Those posers gave all wannabe thugs around the world a big L. Their pride was done in. I came out victorious. Twice, since I got to do the sinker on the waitress and that punani was good. Awesomely good.

ieV9BP.gif

I bet @Slobodan got a few stories to tell about this subject too.

Would have loved to have watched this one :

Wanderlei Silva vs Igor Vovchanchyn at Pride 34
Chute Boxe USA has announced that Wanderlei Silva will be returning to the Pride ring this coming weekend as the main event of Pride 34: Kamikaze. He is set to face the Russian powerhouse Igor Vovchanchyn. Igor has not fought in MMA in close to 18 months, yet Vovchanchyn is one of the most experienced Pride veterans of all time, having competed in 27 Pride fights and sporting a sterling 45-9-1 record.

Ultimately, this fight may be scrapped if Wanderlei Silva does not get the NSAC mandated medical suspension lifted in time for the bout.

This is also a very dangerous bout for Wanderlei as Igor is a deadly striker and with Wanderlei coming off two devastating KO losses in a row, Igor will be looking to test that chin and make it three in a row.

Not that I want to see it now, but Saku v Rickson was a billion dollar fight that never happened.
best one yet. a shame this fight never happened.

Fedor vs Kharitanov / Barnett and Wand vs Igor would have been sick aswell.

Frank Shamrock vs Sakuraba

Even though he got in the ring after one of Sakuraba's fights and said he'd like to fight in PRIDE, it never happened. His reasoning as he announced on Eddie Goldman's "No Holds Barred" online radio show many years ago, "They offered me peanuts to fight Sakuraba. I don't fight for peanuts."

Does anyone thing Royce would have had much of a chance against Kerr?

Rickson and Saku would be #1. Rickson lost a son and showed no interest in the fight.... Not sure about the timing or all the reasons.

The last HW fight of the generation was Fedor and Barnett, Fedor beat all other top HWs of his era. Josh really screwed us testing pos in Affliction.

To me all the other fights that I can really think of happened. Wand never showed interest in a prime Fedor and although Igor was a fantastic matchup closer to compatible weights, it was not a completely fair matchup.

hunt vs butterbean (cancelled)
sergei vs mirko
fedor vs sergei
fedor vs barnett
shogun vs sergei (when sergei ko'ed his brother)
wand vs barnett (2006 final open weight)
mirko vs nog 2 (2006 final open weight)
and more.....

It's funny I got laughed out months ago when I said it would happen

Rickson gracie vs sakuraba
Rickson gracie vs Mark colemen
Ken shamrock vs tank or colemen
Coleman vs Mark Kerr
Nick Diaz I know he has one fight but at 185 vs sakuraba
Shogun vs wandy
Barnett vs fedor

Does anyone thing Royce would have had much of a chance against Kerr?

Kerr would have been to strong and physically over powering stylistically..... I see that going the same direction had he fought Severn in a rematch. You would need striking and great takedown defense to defeat a Mark Kerr then. Basically before his downfall he would have to make a really bad mistake against Royce he had some really good submission skills himself with better ground and pound than Severn. Below is a list in some submission rules fights he has over the elite. the one thing in Gracies advantage is no cage where he couldn't be pinned against but I don't like his chances in a ring either.

Result Opponent Method
Win Sean Alvarez Points
Win Chris Haseman Points
Win Josh Barnett Points
Win Carlos "Carlão" Barreto Points
Win Sean Alvarez Points
Win Ricardo Almeida Points
Win Mike Van Arsdale Points
Win Leo Vieira Points
Win Ricco Rodriguez Points
Win Rigan Machado Points
Win Anthony Netzler Submission
Win Josh Barnett Submission (kimura)
Win Mario Sperry Points
Loss Ricardo Arona Points

Last edited:
Igor vs Sergei / Alex / Fedor
Sergei vs Fedor / Crocop / Coleman / Barnett
Wand vs Alistair Overeem / Lil nog
Alistair Overeem vs Rampage

So many great fights that didn't take place :(.

Igor vs Wand, Shogun, Lil Nog.

Igor had so many fights he could've had :(. From heavyweight to LHW.

Pride20LW20GP20200720Rd201.jpg

Any combination of these fighters that we weren't able to see. Aoki vs Hughes could have been a really interesting fight.

Back