Pride fighting unofficial controversial thread

A time before the leprechaun came in with his idiotic fan base. I miss it.
There is always an idiotic fan base. Before Conor it was Nick Diaz, before that Brock, before that BJ Penn

If it was so great why did it die?

Serious or just trolling?

Yakuza ties became common knowledge which resulted in it getting dropped by Japanese TV stations.

Pride was for fight purists. If you were a pride fan you liked real fighting. A modern day mma fan is far from that.

Was watching Sapp-Nogueira again the other day, it's still hard to believe the piledriver doesn't even faze Nog. Dude's just a beast of a human being.

DqUrUVw.gif

War Pride. War Big Nog.

It looks worse than it was. Sapps knee land first breaking the fall. If he would have landed with his all weight on him, and not his knees first it would have have messed up Nog bad.

99% of the forum isn’t QUALIFIED to discuss the golden era of MMA, matter of fact they couldn’t even tell you what the acronym for MMA stood for back then.

They’ll probably just lash out and resort to bashing it or making outlandish statements.

<Fedor23>

(That being said, Ninja vs Sperry is the most UNDERRATED MMA fight of all time)

It stood for Maladroit Martial Arts.

Thank god for a new era of professional athletes instead of cracked up homeless guys trying to learn a second martial art while a bunch norwood 5 japanese goons tried to play matchmaker.

Fixed fights, squash matches, and steroids. Those were the days.

It stood for Maladroit Martial Arts.

Thank god for a new era of professional athletes instead of cracked up homeless guys trying to learn a second martial art while a bunch norwood 5 japanese goons tried to play matchmaker.
"tried to play matchmaker"

loloool.png

Pretty sure that the No Rush vs Spider fight wouldnt have 'marinated' that much there...
lolol.png

"Fixed fights"

Apart from the obvious Takada ones, please enlighten us... It´s so fascinating and Im glad you´re here.

"Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

usehead 2.gif

For real, if you like 'fence work' as an essential skillset for MMA Evolution, it´s sad indeed.

You´re talking about gloves problems? What about UFC´s EYE POKES ? lmao

And what about the yellow cards compared to UFC´s multiple and eternal """"" warnings"""""""" for eyepokes or whatever?

You want some dudes falling out of the ring? help yourself:

View attachment 424841

Not just infinite warnings for eyepokes/groin kicks...but the person committing the foul WINNING or, once in a blue moon, a small foul resulting in an immediate point reduction. Haha I'd rather have to wait the minute to redo the gloves than see another fight end up like Rumble/Burns 1.

"Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

View attachment 424865

“They did it too” is not quality defense. That’s how children argue. I don’t want to go back to the old days of the UFC either. Nice try, but try again.

“They did it too” is not quality defense. That’s how children argue. I don’t want to go back to the old days of the UFC either. Nice try, but try again.
You´re absolutely clueless because you were not watching it back in the days.

There´s a very good reason why it was a useless battle back then... ask your dad.

You´re absolutely clueless because you were not watching it back in the days.

There´s a very good reason why it was a useless battle back then... ask your dad.

Man, you got me so good. Like I said you argue like a child.

PRIDE was indeed the best MMA promotion in history.

Ring > Cage
PRIDE Rules > UFC Rules
PRIDE Judging > UFC Judging
PRIDE Production > UFC Production
PRIDE Stage > UFC non-Stage
PRIDE Hype videos > UFC Hype Videos
Crazy PRIDE Lady > Bruce Buffer
PRIDE Music > UFC Music
PRIDE Commentators > UFC Commentators
PRIDE > UFC

Forum statistics

Threads