Prey getting System Shock/Half Life 2 comparisons

Great game.

I can see the System Shock relation, not sure why one wouldn't.. but in any case, it's an interesting game. Definitely some Dishonored elements, and loads of amusing homages to various other games.

I'm nearing then end now, and aside from having ammo still scarce.. I'm finally starting to whoop some ass. Psi is where it's at for the nasty baddies. Mid game was the biggest struggle.. when bobbing and weaving became rather suddenly less and less of an option.

The Gloo gun is more of a utility than a weapon, but has saved my bacon more than a few times. Helps in offering more than one solution to many problems.

Two thumbs up, although at times I do wish I had a more powerful weapon.. (mind you, a fully upgraded shotty, a splash of Psi, and a sack full of shells makes quick work of most things).

On my first playthrough I literally ran out of all ammo, healing, most grenades, about 3 or 4 times in the game. Once it happened pretty late in the game and I barricaded myself in a room with a recycler, and all I had was a wrench and a recycle charge, tons of high level enemies just outside the door. So I started gathering up any type of metal for mineral resources and piling them up in the corner, looking at different pieces of furniture to gauge how much minerals I could get out of it by the amount of metal it contained. Out of that one recycle grenade I ended up making one more and some ammo and kept repeating the process until I was stocked up, one of the most unique gameplay experiences I've had

On my second playthrough now, once you know what to do, and how to manage inventory and resources, and conserve, then ammo no longer becomes an issue. I have more supplies and ammo now then I even need. First playthrough was rough though, but I kinda liked that feeling of being overwhelmed with no supplies left.

And the gloo gun is a lifesaver, even though it does no damage its the most important 'weapon' in the game so I always make sure to stock up on ammo. Glued enemies take way more damage and some enemies are weaker to it than others, glue then shoot and then glue again before they break free and finish them off, you can beat most enemies in the game like this.

The psi Alien powers are crazy strong though, and you can do some matrix style combos if you use some of them in conjunction in creative ways. Its pretty crazy how some people use the abilities and tools in this game to essentially 'game' the game, so many ways to approach a problem. I was watching a few vids of this game and it gave me even more ideas that I never even thought about.

For anyone that's beaten it, is there any connection whatsoever to the first game? Like even an Easter egg referencing Tommy or the first game's aliens or anything?

Just picked this up today. Probably got about a week of persona 5 left then i will dive in.

Glad to see people enjoying it. The mixed reviews had me a little leery to buy but i love dishonored so i said fuck it

If you're into these type of immersive sim games like System shock then I can't recommend it enough. Its a challenging game that doesn't hold your hand and can get frustrating at times but it rewards smart play and creativity.

Started last night. Pretty dope so far.

Haven't played System Shock but certain things remind me a lot of Bioshock. I even noticed certain things that seem like a nod to the art style of Rapture.

Decently difficult which I like. Not to far in but definitely I have to die one or twice in certain areas before I could work out an approach.

Worst hacking mini game.. ever.

Finished it. I image there are at least 3 different endings.. mine was... errrr.. odd.

When I first started the game, I tried my best not to use any Psi at all, thinking that there must be some sort of achievement for that, or something. Is this game even possible to beat in this manner? After running into some of the games later enemies, I can't see how it would be.. or at least be any fun. You would forever be out of ammo, and/or running continuously. It wasn't until I invested in psi-shock that I believed some of the baddies were even possible to kill (Technopath, Telepath, Weaver).

Great game.

I don't remember the original, to be honest.. so I cant make any comparisons. Wasn't there some goofy wall walking mechanic?

For anyone that's beaten it, is there any connection whatsoever to the first game? Like even an Easter egg referencing Tommy or the first game's aliens or anything?

lol nopppee

funny thing is your in a simulation and your the alien

Back