Prey getting System Shock/Half Life 2 comparisons

No demo on the PC is fuckballs.

It's probably going to be a disaster of a port on release like Dishonored 2 was. I'd definitely wait for user impressions before buying this on PC. Which is weird because Dishonored ran like smooth creamy butter on lower PCs, too.

It's probably going to be a disaster of a port on release like Dishonored 2 was. I'd definitely wait for user impressions before buying this on PC. Which is weird because Dishonored ran like smooth creamy butter on lower PCs, too.

Because the Void_engine wasn't finished but dishonored was also optimized by potato

I enjoyed them demo, even for its limited amount of gameplay it was fun. My only critiques where when using the shotgun it felt cumbersome, and art seems to much of a hodgepodge of dishonored and bioshock imo, which could be great but so far doesn't rock well with me

I enjoyed them demo, even for its limited amount of gameplay it was fun. My only critiques where when using the shotgun it felt cumbersome, and art seems to much of a hodgepodge of dishonored and bioshock imo, which could be great but so far doesn't rock well with me

What did you play on? Was a bit of an input lag on consoles that the studio says will be sorted out for the final release

What did you play on? Was a bit of an input lag on consoles that the studio says will be sorted out for the final release

Xbox one. I didn't have any mechanic issues.

My volume didn't synch but I also had it idle for a few hours and was corrected with a reload.

I hope this game is not short. Feel like we've been due for a long dedicated fps/rpg

I played the demo story seemed interesting but gameplay seemed boring and bland. Didn't enjoy it and just put the controller down after watching a video of me talking to myself.

Damn, this game is getting solid reviews so far, tons of comparisons to System Shock, Half Life and Bioshock.

Installed and played the demo. isn't really anything special tbh, glue gun sucks. Don't like the pace or game mechanics either.

there is nothing like system shock...i find it hilarious that people are calling it that

Definitely going to buy, love that studio and game type. But I need finish Andromeda first and that's probably going to take me the rest of the month.

I debating buying it.. anyone playing it so far?

Pretty interesting so far although I only got to play for an hour or so. Definitely feels like Deus Ex meets Half Life meets Bioshock.

Playing the PC version and heres my take on it:

Wasn't sure how I felt about this game for the first few hours, was blowing by the enemies fairly easily and stocked up on supplies. Then at a certain point several hours in I found myself in a tough situation, no ammo, barely any healing and low on health and no way to get more unless I backtracked really far. Thats basically when the real game kicked in for me and I realized I had to get rid of my FPS habits to enjoy this game the way it was meant to be, this is more of a survival horror with Bioshock elements than a shooter.

Ammo is even more scarce than Deus Ex and Bioshock, but the game gives you a solution for that if you're prepared and able to think creatively. Every encounter has to be respected because the enemies do very high damage. And prep time is key, as is conservation of supplies and managing upgrades.

It really does feel be like being in a ship invaded by hostile aliens. This isn't Doom, you can't shoot your way out of this one, its more realistic and feels like you're really in the situation so you're forced to use anything and everything at your disposal to progress through the levels.

The upgrade system is really comprehensive as well, theres tons of potential here for different builds and multiple playthroughs.

So far the games I've played in 2017 have all been masterpieces: Nier Automata, Prey, Ringed City. I have to play this game some more to determine whether its my favorite of the 3 but its looking that way for now, for sure I'll clock over 100 hours in this game.

Controversial opinion but: 2016>2017>2015. But 2017 is only 4 months in so it might be the top spot for me once its over.

I've never been so scared of furniture in my life

Playing the PC version and heres my take on it:

Wasn't sure how I felt about this game for the first few hours, was blowing by the enemies fairly easily and stocked up on supplies. Then at a certain point several hours in I found myself in a tough situation, no ammo, barely any healing and low on health and no way to get more unless I backtracked really far. Thats basically when the real game kicked in for me and I realized I had to get rid of my FPS habits to enjoy this game the way it was meant to be, this is more of a survival horror with Bioshock elements than a shooter.

Ammo is even more scarce than Deus Ex and Bioshock, but the game gives you a solution for that if you're prepared and able to think creatively. Every encounter has to be respected because the enemies do very high damage. And prep time is key, as is conservation of supplies and managing upgrades.

It really does feel be like being in a ship invaded by hostile aliens. This isn't Doom, you can't shoot your way out of this one, its more realistic and feels like you're really in the situation so you're forced to use anything and everything at your disposal to progress through the levels.

The upgrade system is really comprehensive as well, theres tons of potential here for different builds and multiple playthroughs.

So far the games I've played in 2017 have all been masterpieces: Nier Automata, Prey, Ringed City. I have to play this game some more to determine whether its my favorite of the 3 but its looking that way for now, for sure I'll clock over 100 hours in this game.

Controversial opinion but: 2016>2017>2015. But 2017 is only 4 months in so it might be the top spot for me once its over.

<mma4>

Weather here is gonna suck nuts this weekend so could be a good plan to pick this up on the way home tonight.

Great game.

I can see the System Shock relation, not sure why one wouldn't.. but in any case, it's an interesting game. Definitely some Dishonored elements, and loads of amusing homages to various other games.

I'm nearing then end now, and aside from having ammo still scarce.. I'm finally starting to whoop some ass. Psi is where it's at for the nasty baddies. Mid game was the biggest struggle.. when bobbing and weaving became rather suddenly less and less of an option.

The Gloo gun is more of a utility than a weapon, but has saved my bacon more than a few times. Helps in offering more than one solution to many problems.

Two thumbs up, although at times I do wish I had a more powerful weapon.. (mind you, a fully upgraded shotty, a splash of Psi, and a sack full of shells makes quick work of most things).

only been able to play an hour or so but i get Half Life vibes from this and it runs great on my PC, sofar so good

<mma4>

Weather here is gonna suck nuts this weekend so could be a good plan to pick this up on the way home tonight.

If you're into these type of immersive sim games like System shock then I can't recommend it enough. Its a challenging game that doesn't hold your hand and can get frustrating at times but it rewards smart play and creativity.

Back