Prey getting System Shock/Half Life 2 comparisons

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Obviously those are gigantic shoes to fill but there is a lot of hype for this game.

Every previee ive read has praised the atmosphere, style, play choices and story. It looks like this could be this gens Bioshock

lol if this was the Real prey then it would be completely differant. The orginal prey 3 looked way better

And btw system shock is getting a remake and 3rd game

Last edited:
Wow, let's hope it's true. I really wanted to like the first but the level design kind of shit the bed

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. It looks great. Is it related to the old Prey I used to play on Playstation? Looked like this...

250px-Prey_%28Xbox_360%29.jpg

Loved the sick wall walking in that game.

Prey-Wall-Walking.png

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. It looks great. Is it related to the old Prey I used to play on Playstation? Looked like this...

Prey-Wall-Walking.png

The weapons were my favorite part. They were like alive and shit. The eye ball would connect to yours whenever you zoomed in fucking awesome game. I really liked the first Prey. The video I saw from this game didn't look all that great but the story trailer seemed interesting.

Prey-Wall-Walking.png

Comparisons to two of my favorite games + being named after one of my favorite OG Xbox games = win-win for me.

I know it has nothing to do with the original Prey, but it would be nice to see an easter egg or two.

Is that footage of this game or the canceled version that was previously being developed?
yes sir, and it sucks thats a PREY game. i think this new game is awesmoe, but shouldnt be called prey

The original Prey wasnt even that good. It was fun, but hardly a classic.

I saw a commercial for it yesterday & it reminded me of Life turned into a video game, lol.

Opening Hour demo is available.

EDIT: Playing the demo now and it has a Deus Ex feel to it. Just like in the original Prey, the first weapon you get is a wrench lol.

Last edited:
How was the demo? A lot of writers are praising the opening

No demo on the PC is fuckballs.

The original Prey was a damn good game that flew a bit under the radar, obviously this new one is just using the name but I'm still hyped for it.

Only planning on buying 4 games this year and this is one of them, Arcane studios are the same people that made Dishonored and they're going to do big things in the future imo, I consider them similar to Valve in the early days.

I love these thinking man type of shooters like Deux Ex, Dishonored and this one looks an evolution of that concept. My only concern is that the enemies look kinda all the same.

I would still like to see an actual sequel to the original Prey one day though, maybe a different studio as I think Arcane is better suited for these types of FPS rather than the original Prey which was more of a straight shooter.

I can't wait to play this game. On top of the BioShock/Deus Ex comparisons, I've heard its level design is very Metroidvania-ish as well. It just has "classic" written all over it ... provided Arkane doesn't screw things up on the technical side like they did with Dishonored 2 (at least on PC).

For those of you asking how it ties into the original Prey: There's actually no connection what-so-ever. This is an entirely different, unrelated game that's merely carrying the same name.

How was the demo? A lot of writers are praising the opening

I enjoyed the demo. The music really sets a creepy atmosphere and it was more difficult than I thought it would be. The story seems like it will be a mind-fuck like system shock/bioshock.

Back