Pretense of freedom in UK gone. Post rap lyrics go to court.

It wasn't even during his career. It was some shit he recorded back in the 80s long before he had any kind of record deal.

Wasnt trying to argue, was just stating he had done it. I may have come across argumentative, but I didnt mean to

snakedafunky post:

"They also regulate public electronic communications networks but that doesn't mean they are the GESTAPO or it is the end of free speech.
It is just another thing that gets regulated."

have you read 1984? what did you think of it?
The guy is explaining to you why things are the way they are, and you guys are attacking him as if he created and enforces the law.

Hello?

I'm pretty liberal but the ACLU defended the KKK in our country so so would I to be biggest twat you want to be. Love this country. Did EU ever even have freedom? Seems they were always heavily regulated thats why people came here.
I'm part French, I have a French surname, and I love France and a lot of French things. But they're far too regulated there. I tried to go to a market there in the middle of the day, but couldn't because the local bureaucracy dictated that they had to close for a while at a certain time for absolutely no reason. And they have weird laws where if you say anything that offends an ethnic group, they can sue you, even if you're talking about a legitimate issue, like Brigitte Bardot who's an animal rights activist talking about how animals are slaughtered for halal meat, or Bob Dylan talking about how Serbs were wary of Croats during a greater discussion about how racism was holding America back.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/02/bob-dylan-sued-racism-croatia

I don't like everything about the US and there are certain things about France and other countries that are better, but I'm glad I don't have to constantly deal with over-regulation and speech codes like that. But at least France isn't arresting and criminally prosecuting people like the UK.

Wasnt trying to argue, was just stating he had done it. I may have come across argumentative, but I didnt mean to
Oh no, I get it and I agree with you. Was just pointing out that it was from when he was a kid, before he actually started his career.

The guy is explaining to you why things are the way they are, and you guys are attacking him as if he created and enforces the law.

Hello?
I have a fundamental disagreement with his position and he's using a lot of Orwellian doublespeak. He wants to give the appearance that he still supports free speech, but it's pretty easy to see through it.

Poland and Hungary huh... is this some War Room running gag or are you guys serious when posting this?
No. They're countries fighting against the importation of diversity and cultural enrichment.

Sensational UK news once again.

Makes me proud to be British.

Hello?
you're right, sorry.

still a bullshit law which will likely spread

I think the issue here lies with the person using public communications channels to spread that message.
She would be free to voice the same opinion but not using a public communications channels.
It's not really a matter of free speech but rather what channels you use to voice that free speech, in this case, it is illegal because it's a public channel from my understanding anyway.

But yeah you have to question if those people don't have anything better to do with their time.
Is it OK for a radio station to play the song.?

I honestly don't know. Maybe it was the kid who died's favorite song or something. Or maybe she just has a really low IQ. Like George Carlin once said, think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half the population is even dumber than that. Compounded by the fact that she's still a kid and not well educated and maybe doesn't come from the best socioeconomic background. There's less upward mobility in the UK and a lot of people come from long lines of poor, uneducated people. There are large swaths of the UK where the people are basically unintelligible to people who speak standard English.

Actually theres less upward social mobility in the US than the UK, not that were a shining example of it either of course and things are getting worse not better here to.

To quote Carlin again...

"They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it"

What I do think were seeing across the western world is a reaction against the rise of the net as a communication medium because it often reflects the breakdown of the kind of socially liberal/financially conservative status quo that's been happening since the 2008 recession. The traditional media are much easier to keep "on message" so the alternatives are attacked as much as possible. We live under a zombie establishment desperately trying to pretend 2008(and before that the Iraq invasion) didn't happen whilst doubling down on the kind of politics that caused it.

Last edited:
I read the thread expecting someone would finally tip the joke.

... this is a joke, right?

About 8 years ago something incredible happened during a week in the UK. A white man was jailed for like 40 days over offense speech because of a tweet. Yes, he went to jail over a tweet.

That same week 4 or 5 Muslims girls were given NO jail time after they nearly beat a white girl to death while they shouted racial slurs. They almost killed a girl, while using racist hate speech and they went free with no punishment. The judge said they could not be held accountable because they were Muslims who had drank alcohol for the first time.

To say their isn't an anti-white bias in the UK is insane. And this is a top down agenda being spread to all Western countries.

The UK is lost.

So a radio station is not a public communication channel ?

It probably is. But like stated in the OP this is under the public electronic communications network.
Not public communication channel. Those are two different things.

So when it comes to the radio or TV a lot of things would be covered by artistic freedom.

It probably is. But like stated in the OP this is under the public electronic communications network.
Not public communication channel. Those are two different things.

So when it comes to the radio or TV a lot of things would be covered by artistic freedom.
So the gov't decides who is and isn't an artist and arrests accordingly. Next we will have firefighters burning books

So the gov't decides who is and isn't an artist and arrests accordingly. Next we will have firefighters burning books

I think in the UK artistic freedom is covered by several different laws.
Because that would also include concerns about Child protection and copyright infringement.
And there is also a public safety aspect when it comes to larger gatherings or art shows etc.

I think in the UK artistic freedom is covered by several different laws.
Because that would also include concerns about Child protection and copyright infringement.
And there is also a public safety aspect when it comes to larger gatherings or art shows etc.
Don't take my questions as having a go at you mate.

Mate, you are not even free to have an open container in public or cross the road.
You virtually have no free movement considering your "jaywalking law".
I don’t know which part of America you’re referring to, but in the state I live in there’s no issue with open containers, I can walk down the street swigging from a bottle of Jack if I want. In addition, “jaywalking” isn’t a criminal offense, it merely relates to who’s at fault in the event of an accident. So in my state, jaywalking merely means that if I cross a road in front of a vehicle, without providing ample space for that vehicle to stop, and I get hit, it is my fault, not the driver of the vehicle. I can cross any street I please, at any time, with no penalty.

Back