Pretense of freedom in UK gone. Post rap lyrics go to court.

I think the issue here lies with the person using public communications channels to spread that message.
She would be free to voice the same opinion but not using a public communications channels.
It's not really a matter of free speech but rather what channels you use to voice that free speech, in this case, it is illegal because it's a public channel from my understanding anyway.

But yeah you have to question if those people don't have anything better to do with their time.
The fuck? Instagram is a privately owned company, it's not a "public communications channel". By the way, in the US we have "public communications channels" that can't be censored because of the First Amendment. It's called public access TV. Any citizen can have his/her uncensored show on public access TV.

No, you don't understand the law.
You can say that in public. You just can't use a public electronic communications network which the internet falls under in the UK.
That has nothing to do with thought control.

I am not in favor of that law. But the government does not take away any freedom here.
Because using a public electronic communications network has nothing to do with freedom.
But you rather take advantage of a service the government offers but requires you to follow certain rules when doing so.
They just set the rules on what you can do when using it's public electronic communications network.
They think that certain behaviors are bad and dangerous to society. And therefore they are illegal.
Similar to how the government runs public road network. You have to do so by following certain rules.

Again I think its a waste of time. Because I don't see the harm done here. But it is not an issue of freedom.
Don't use the public electronic communications network and you can't get punished for breaking the rules.
Bullshit. There are no private ISP's in the UK? And that's a bullshit law anyway.

I am German. I am not trying to defend this specific sentence. And I don't think it is a reasonable law because the law is much too vague.
As shown by this case here. I was just trying to explain to people that this is not an attack on freedom or a tyrannic government.
It is just a bad law. But there are many like this. Laws against weed for example or prostitution all limit your freedom to a greater extent.

England has free speech. It just doesn't have unlimited free speech. But no country has unlimited free speech because that wouldn't work in a society.
The US probably has the best or most robust laws protecting free speech. But it is still not unlimited.

You are a government cuck. You have never tasted freedom so you don't know what it is.

I am free to post whatever the fuck I want without fear of being locked up or fined. People of the UK are not. Their speech is drastically restricted. They have virtually no free speech considering their 'hate speech' laws.

Get fucked because any country where this can't happen isn't a country worth living in.

Holy shit were Patrice and CK good together. Too bad the UK would throw CK in jail for jokes.

You are a government cuck. You have never tasted freedom so you don't know what it is.

I am free to post whatever the fuck I want without fear of being locked up or fined. People of the UK are not. Their speech is drastically restricted. They have virtually no free speech considering their 'hate speech' laws.

Get fucked because any country where this can't happen isn't a country worth living in.

Holy shit were Patrice and CK good together. Too bad the UK would throw CK in jail for jokes.

Why do Americans believe they have more freedom because of a robust attitude towards the first and second as though they're the only amendments?

You guys have a 4th and 8th amendment that are constantly shat on in comparison to the rest of the developed world.

I mean is there another country in the developed world where civil forfeiture is so easy that it accounts for more than the entirety of physical theft?

Mate, you are not even free to have an open container in public or cross the road.
You virtually have no free movement considering your "jaywalking law".

How is ‘kill a snitch n**** and rob a rich n****.’ paying tribute to a kid who got hit by a car?

How far does this quoting stuff cover ones ass?

Can I go around saying "all fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s must fucking hang"

I'm just quoting Full Metal Jacket after all.
Nobody said she was a genius. She was a dumb teenager supposedly paying tribute to another teenager who died. Even smart people say/do a lot of dumb shit at that age. We're just lucky we were never prosecuted/persecuted for it and were allowed to develop normally and freely.

Google is your friend. It was early on in his career and not on an album
It wasn't even during his career. It was some shit he recorded back in the 80s long before he had any kind of record deal.

Nobody said she was a genius. She was a dumb teenager supposedly paying tribute to another teenager who died. Even smart people say/do a lot of dumb shit at that age. We're just lucky we were never prosecuted/persecuted for it and were allowed to develop normally and freely.

But how is some post about snitches and robbing people paying tribute?

I'm not really caring either way about the issue. Part of me feels bad for her because it's obviously bullshit...

But the other part has trouble feeling bad for anybody who's saying people who report crimes to the police should be killed even if they're just quoting lyrics.

Poland and Hungary huh... is this some War Room running gag or are you guys serious when posting this?

They just don't look past "but the Muslims".
A 7-page thread about criticising hate speech laws and the people celebrate Hungary and Poland.
<Huh2>

Mate, you are not even free to have an open container in public or cross the road.
You virtually have no free movement considering your "jaywalking law".

I can make jokes online and post lyrics!

And Jaywalking is a skit from the Jay Leno show. Learn your shit.

I can make jokes online and post lyrics!

And Jaywalking is a skit from the Jay Leno show. Learn your shit.

But can you have a beer in public?
Or can you have an open container in your car?
Or is the American thought police getting after you because they assumed you were going to drink it?
Without any real evidence? That is some fucking 1984 shit right there.

How is ‘kill a snitch n**** and rob a rich n****.’ paying tribute to a kid who got hit by a car?

How far does this quoting stuff cover ones ass?

Can I go around saying "all fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s must fucking hang"

I'm just quoting Full Metal Jacket after all.

I actually wonder if any important details of the case have been left out, because the UK page on hate crimes certainly makes it seem like they'd have to prove intent.

But how is some post about snitches and robbing people paying tribute?

I'm not really caring either way about the issue. Part of me feels bad for her because it's obviously bullshit...

But the other part has trouble feeling bad for anybody who's saying people who report crimes to the police should be killed even if they're just quoting lyrics.
I honestly don't know. Maybe it was the kid who died's favorite song or something. Or maybe she just has a really low IQ. Like George Carlin once said, think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half the population is even dumber than that. Compounded by the fact that she's still a kid and not well educated and maybe doesn't come from the best socioeconomic background. There's less upward mobility in the UK and a lot of people come from long lines of poor, uneducated people. There are large swaths of the UK where the people are basically unintelligible to people who speak standard English.

I actually wonder if any important details of the case have been left out, because the UK page on hate crimes certainly makes it seem like they'd have to prove intent.

It doesn't seem like we're getting the full story but didn't the prosecutor basically say that intent wasn't an issue in the nazi pug case and the judge agreed? That was the UK as well.

If the song in question is available in the territory for download on itunes or viewing on youtube, then what?
Then Google and Apple are too big to prosecute because they have enough money to send a fleet of lawyers to fuck us up in court.
-Signed, British Government

That's what.

Then Google and Apple are too big to prosecute because they have enough money to send a fleet of lawyers to fuck us up in court.
-Signed, British Government

That's what.

No wonder them pussies Brexited. They're practically French. :(

I honestly don't know. Maybe it was the kid who died's favorite song or something. Or maybe she just has a really low IQ. Like George Carlin once said, think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half the population is even dumber than that. Compounded by the fact that she's still a kid and not well educated and maybe doesn't come from the best socioeconomic background. There's less upward mobility in the UK and a lot of people come from long lines of poor, uneducated people. There are large swaths of the UK where the people are basically unintelligible to people who speak standard English.

I remember my mum having a friend from england when I was little that I couldn't understand a word she said.

I think it's highly likely you're not off the mark with the low IQ.

I'm pretty liberal but the ACLU defended the KKK in our country so so would I to be biggest twat you want to be. Love this country. Did EU ever even have freedom? Seems they were always heavily regulated thats why people came here.

Back