Pressure with intent to counter

another favourite is to throw 1-2's until they start anticipate it, then turn into a jab, fake right, left hook mix this in with your combos under you get then biting off on the left hook then switch it back to the 1-2.

without a doubt my favourite move to set up any right is what i call the "active" parry. i know i have said it before, but watch rocky marciano when it comes to setting up the overhand. if you step to your right and forward (with your right foot) at the same time as you parry the jab, it sets up all sorts of nastiness with the right hand. this was the main reason people found it very difficult to keep away from marciano. you can't step back when your weight is still traveling forward.

without a doubt my favourite move to set up any right is what i call the "active" parry. i know i have said it before, but watch rocky marciano when it comes to setting up the overhand. if you step to your right and forward (with your right foot) at the same time as you parry the jab, it sets up all sorts of nastiness with the right hand. this was the main reason people found it very difficult to keep away from marciano. you can't step back when your weight is still traveling forward.
By far my most consistent shot is parrying the left jab with my leading right arm and dropping an overhand left in their face. Sounds sort of like what your saying.

By far my most consistent shot is parrying the left jab with my leading right arm and dropping an overhand left in their face. Sounds sort of like what your saying.
that's why i don't jab southpaws, the villians. but yes it is fairly similar, it takes a bit more practice than performing it against opposite leads though. some people teach it as a parry then throw the right straight off it, but i much prefer to parry then left hook or fake jab then throw the right. (i can throw a harder right like this) the step as you parry is the most important part though.

My coach had us drilling something similar except when the opponent teeps you parry as you step forward and right with your right foot then from the new angle smash a (now) rear liver kick. Essentially the same footwork i think

Back