Pressure Points

No you weren't, you were saying that kicking someone in the nuts was a pressure point. If you had said grabbing/pinching this area in the groin was a pressure point I wouldn't have argued. Called you gay maybe, but wouldn't have argued. Same with the base of the skull. As a matter of fact I mentioned in my second post that there is a pressure point behind the ear at the base of the skull.

See you were saying using kicks to groin and punches to the base of the skull. Any 5 year old knows those hurt, but if you would have said, pressing these points blah blah blah you wouldn't have looked like such a douche.

Since you are all set to deny pressure points I am more than glad to accomodate you. I will be in No. VA (your area) tomorrow. Crystal City to be exact. My offer to videotape you "proving" that a kick to your groin won't be effective still stands.

Seriously though, why do you insist on entering into a discussion on a topic that you know nothing about?

Trying to prove there is a pressure point in the groin area by kicking someone there is like saying Bugs Bunny proved there is a pressure point on the top of the skull by dropping an anvil on somebody.

I think most people were basing their argument with you on the fact that your example was equating blunt force with effectively triggering a pressure point.

Okay, so those points exist. What do you claim you can *do* with them? If you're saying you can incapacitate me through a pressure point strike to my groin--so what, anyone can do that. Similarly, if, during the course of a real fight, you can get around behind me quickly enough to fully strike me at the base of my skull or neck, you can hurt me--but so can any striker/kicker with a few months of training. If striking those "pressure point" targets produces the same results as brute force attacks to those areas, you've proved nothing.

You say you know something--please prove or demonstrate it objectively. In the words of the OT, "pics or work".

Hey philong. I'm going to give you some honest advice. You came here to post, which means you probably want the respect of the people in this forum, whether you'd like to admit that or not. Now, the best way to get someone's respect is to treat them like an equal. So if you don't want to be laughed out of the forum, here's what you do:
1) Stop the insults. "Little boy" only reflects on yourself.
2) Stop using straw-man arguments. Nobody said the groin kick doesn't hurt, stop acting like they did.

Good luck!

I know a few of those other pressure points Philong, I just can't think of any combative application of them. They're great for demonstrating my l33t martial arts knowledge to noobs at parties (watch when I poke you here, it hurts), I just can't think of a way to use any of them that would stop a determined attacker.

Since you are all set to deny pressure points I am more than glad to accomodate you. I will be in No. VA (your area) tomorrow. Crystal City to be exact. My offer to videotape you "proving" that a kick to your groin won't be effective still stands.

Seriously though, why do you insist on entering into a discussion on a topic that you know nothing about?

If anyone is walking around Crystal City tomorrow:

Protect your balls.

You have been warned.

You are a fucking idiot, I never denied pressure points. I stated that striking someone in the groin was not one of them, I then went on to give examples of pressure points. You should stop while you are ahead, because you look like a complete douchebag.

So I take that you lack the nerve to stand behind your post then little boy???
Come on, it's only one little kick to your groin and you can be a hero to all the other ignorant keyboard warriors her when you "prove" that pressure points don't work.
What's stopping you?????LOL

Jesus christ...can you say STRAWMAN???

NO ONE is claiming that the body isn't vulnerable in certain parts. I mean, thank god we have you around and your quarter century worth of pressure point training to inform us that kicking someone in the nuts/punching them in the liver/gouging their eyes will hurt them. Call them pressure points if you want...thats not what people are ridiculing.

What people ridicule is when people think that they can immobilize someone in a real fight by applying pressure to certain points on the body, when they've only trained this sort of thing in static forms. The problem with this logic is that even if these points exist, you need the delivery system to do it i.e. how are you going to jam your fingers into someone's neck when you don't know how to close the distance/slip a punch? In the end, you're still going to have to know how to fight.

You are a fucking idiot, I never denied pressure points. I stated that striking someone in the groin was not one of them, I then went on to give examples of pressure points. You should stop while you are ahead, because you look like a complete douchebag.

Ummm.....
I take it that you didn't read up on the "pressure points 101" link I provided you then since it linked to charts that specifically showed the pressure points in the groin.
You should stop before you dig your hole even deeper. Your ignorance of the topic s apalling.

Ummm.....
I take it that you didn't read up on the "pressure points 101" link I provided you then since it linked to charts that specifically showed the pressure points in the groin.
You should stop before you dig your hole even deeper. Your ignorance of the topic s apalling.

Apparently you don't know how to read.

Ummm.....

You lose.....end of thread. Yes pressure points exsist. no, kicking someone in the nadz is not a pressure point. triple warmer strike, tmj pinch = pressure point (not effective in fight). nut kicks= low blow (very effective in fight)

I know a few of those other pressure points Philong, I just can't think of any combative application of them. They're great for demonstrating my l33t martial arts knowledge to noobs at parties (watch when I poke you here, it hurts), I just can't think of a way to use any of them that would stop a determined attacker.

Most BJJ practitioners go for the takedown at all costs and expose the back of their head. This is a free strike willingly given (you will also note that this is the reason for it being illegal to do a downward strike with the elbow according to the rules of MMA). Watch Muay Thai guys and their leg kicks, they are kicking for pressure points on the leg, both with inside & outside leg kicks.
I know of 219 pressure points on the body, some cause pain, some cause death, some cause dislocation, some cause black out, some are totally worthless AFAIK. You will have to be more specific as the the few pressure points you are referring to and their effecacy in actual combat situations.

Most BJJ practitioners go for the takedown at all costs and expose the back of their head. This is a free strike willingly given (you will also note that this is the reason for it being illegal to do a downward strike with the elbow according to the rules of MMA). Watch Muay Thai guys and their leg kicks, they are kicking for pressure points on the leg, both with inside & outside leg kicks.
I know of 219 pressure points on the body, some cause pain, some cause death, some cause dislocation, some cause black out, some are totally worthless AFAIK. You will have to be more specific as the the few pressure points you are referring to and their effecacy in actual combat situations.

/yawn

You will say anything to try and "win" this arguement. Just fuck off dude. Mods, please lock and delete this thread, it is just trolling bullshit.

So in other words you cannot back up your claim that pressure points don't exist and you lack the courage to go on video and prove it. And you're not man enough to admit your error an apoligize.
www.neuticles.com/index1.html
You definately need a set.

I never said pressure points don't exist, I said they do and that they are used by grabbing/pinching and or striking a nerve cluster. Your definition is kicking the groin or striking the base of the skull Thats bs. So fuckoff

edit. Again, mods please lock or delete this thread. He is just trolling.

I never said pressure points don't exist, I said they do and that they are used by grabbing/pinching and or striking a nerve cluster. Your definition is kicking the groin or striking the base of the skull Thats bs. So fuckoff

edit. Please lock the thread because I got called on my BS and can't figure a way out. Help me please.

There, I fixed that edit for you. LOL

>>Most BJJ practitioners go for the takedown at all costs and expose the back of their head

Do you mean during a single or double leg takedown? If you're exposing the back of your head cleanly enough that someone could hit it, your singles or doubles suck, and you're probably vulnerable to being guillotined too.

As far as MT guys kicking for pressure points, I was under the impression that leg kicks, aside from scoring points, make your opponent's leg tired/slower just from the trauma of being kicked repeatedly. If you keep kicking someones leg, they have less ability to kick you. I'm not really catching the pressure point connection. I've seen the MT guys at my gym (I don't train MT, for now) come back with huge nasty knots and bruises on their thighs from leg kicks. That's not pressure point fighting, that's a good old fashioned beat-down.

I'd also really like to see a blackout caused solely by a pressure point strike, that couldn't be explained by blunt trauma to some vital organ. The only guy I know who regularly makes claims about being able to do that and demo it, is George Dillman, and he is completely full of shit.

Back