Pressure Points

philong

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I see a lot of misinformed people in here disparaging "pressure points" and equating "dim mak" with them. I often wonder why people on the internet fel the need to post their opinion when they have no knowledge of a topic.
Pressure points are verifiable biological facts. Your testicles are a "pressure point", anyone care to let be kick them in their testicles to prove that "pressure points" don't work???
The following is a partial list of "pressure points"-
Solar plexus
Kidneys
Liver
Groin
Spleen
Abdomen (several "points", why do you think that during a fight if a low blow occurs the fight is stopped to allow recovery)
Throat
Eyes
Base of the skull
Spine
Temple

The list goes on and on.....
What do you think fighters are aiming for when striking the "body"? They are aiming for "pressure points". In another thread one of the pro fighters here stated that he would rather take a kick to the groin that a strike to the liver, having hadboth done to me I would agree.
What do you think fighters are kicking at when they do leg kicks? You have 3 places on your thighs where nerve centers come right up to the skin, not to mention the Femoral Artery accompanies one of them.
I don't know what you people think an eye gouge is but I've seen some completely dumbass responses on here regarding them. One moron claimed he would "shut his eyes". LOL That would do nothing, the concussive force would still damage your eyes and the pain is excruciating (lost an eye in '06, I know). An eye gouge is when someone attempts to impale their fingers 3" inside your eye socket.
There are literally hundreds of pressure points on your body, just because you don't comprehend them or how to attack them doesn't mean that they don't exist.
For all of you who want to deny the validity of "pressure points" I will gladly videotape me kicking you in the testicles and posting it on sherdog showing that you are correct and that "pressure points" don't work. IF any of you are willing to volunteer to prove it that is.

I sense a lot of anger in your post. What is bothering you? You'll feel better if you talk about it.

While I don't completely understand the intent of the thread, I seem to recall a figure in the 80's as far as pressure points on the body. I studied Tae Kwon Do and a book I was reading had a front a back visual of a person and the pressure points on either side of the body. Any soft tissue areas, joints, tendons, ligaments, etc. you're going to get the desired effect. However, when it comes to fighting on the street, whatever you can get to work, use it. I wouldn't be so concerned with hitting specific pressure points. For example, 8 pounds of pressure (a light hammerfist) will break the clavicle.

Actually, the pressure points ppl are taking about are nerve clusters and the like that you grab or pinch to immobilize or cause pain i.e. the point behind the ear or the point just under the nose. The things taught in JJJ and various Kung Fu disciplines.

So, in conclusion you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Actually, the pressure points ppl are taking about are nerve clusters and the like that you grab or pinch to immobilize or cause pain i.e. the point behind the ear or the point just under the nose. The things taught in JJJ and various Kung Fu disciplines.

Actually I've been training using pressure points since the early 1980's.
It would appear that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Care to enlighten us on your "expertise" in this area?

Edit- I take that you would be willing to let me kick you in your testicles so you can prove that pressure points don't work??? I'm in MD, you're in VA and I have a video camera so we can post the results up for everyone to see.

What "nerve clusters" are under the nose? You're just attacking a part of the body at its weakest point. The nose isn't designed to withstand pressure; thus, it's structure isn't sound enough to withstand the pull of your fingers or the drive of your palm.

Striking organs is not a pressure point dumbass. Pinching/Striking nerve clusters is. Apparently you need to get a refund from you damn instructor.

What "nerve clusters" are under the nose? You're just attacking a part of the body at its weakest point. The nose isn't designed to withstand pressure; thus, it's structure isn't sound enough to withstand the pull of your fingers or the drive of your palm.

Under the base of the nose and right above your front teeth, If you apply pressure there it causes a lot of pain. My apologies, remove "nerve cluster" and insert pain sensitive area. Traditional demostrated with pinching or light striking. Not kicking someone in the nuts.

Striking organs is not a pressure point dumbass. Pinching/Striking nerve clusters is. Apparently you need to get a refund from you damn instructor.

So I take that you lack the nerve to stand behind your post then little boy???
Come on, it's only one little kick to your groin and you can be a hero to all the other ignorant keyboard warriors her when you "prove" that pressure points don't work.
What's stopping you?????LOL

Under the base of the nose and right above your front teeth, If you apply pressure there it causes a lot of pain.

Just because it's painful doesn't mean that it's a pressure point. There are parts of your body that are weaker than others. I can push my finger between the bones in your hand and it will hurt, or push my finger into your eye, but it doesn't mean that it contains nerve clusters

So I take that you lack the nerve to stand behind your post then little boy???
Come on, it's only one little kick to your groin and you can be a hero to all the other ignorant keyboard warriors her when you "prove" that pressure points don't work.
What's stopping you?????LOL

Who is the one making challenges on the internet? And I am the keyboard warrior? If you needed to "study since the 80's" that kicking someone in the nuts hurts then you need help.

It would appear that the dumbass would be the person who did not know the exact "point" to apply "pressure" in order to hit the intended organ.
It again appears that you again "have no idea what the fuck you are talking about".
I am still waiting for you to enlighten me on your "expertise" in this area?

Just because it's painful doesn't mean that it's a pressure point. There are parts of your body that are weaker than others. I can push my finger between the bones in your hand and it will hurt, or push my finger into your eye, but it doesn't mean that it contains nerve clusters

See my edited post

So Philong, what you're saying is our entire body is capable of pain. Thanks, i didn't know that.

It would appear that the dumbass would be the person who did not know the exact "point" to apply "pressure" in order to hit the intended organ.
It again appears that you again "have no idea what the fuck you are talking about".
I am still waiting for you to enlighten me on your "expertise" in this area?

So boxers study pressure points? The throw punches to the kidneys all the time but I have never once heard a boxer claim they are striking pressure points.

Hmm. First off, i think the misconceptions on pressure points refer to the "touch of death" or full body immobilization with very little pressure applied to a certain "secret" part of your body.

THe things you listed are just vunerable parts of the human body. All those things are verified by science and anyone that has taken an anatomy class in highschool or college can tell you why.

Just because the top of my skull is the weakest to break, doesnt mean its a "pressure point" or that base of back of the head is one either--its just the most vunerable place to attack your spinal cord.

Who is the one making challenges on the internet? And I am the keyboard warrior? If you needed to "study since the 80's" that kicking someone in the nuts hurts then you need help.

You claimed that I "have no idea what the fuck" I am talking about.
I am giving you the opportunity to back up your claim. If you are incapable of backing up your claim then you should be man enough to retract your derogatory statements and issue an apology. Otherwise one would assume that you would be willing to stand behind your theory about pressure points.

You claimed that I "have no idea what the fuck" I am talking about.
I am giving you the opportunity to back up your claim. If you are incapable of backing up your claim then you should be man enough to retract your derogatory statements and issue an apology. Otherwise one would assume that you would be willing to stand behind your theory about pressure points.

I do stand by my claim, kicking someone in the nuts isn't a pressure point. I also stand by my claim that if you have been studying how kicking someone in the nuts hurts you need help. There is no need for me to apologize for anything.

So boxers study pressure points? The throw punches to the kidneys all the time but I have never once heard a boxer claim they are striking pressure points.

I did when I boxed. The coach taught us exactly where to strike for the liver & spleen. The kidneys are more easily attacked from the rear which would make that an illegal target.
But then I assume that with your "expertise" in this area you already knew that.:rolleyes:

I do stand by my claim, kicking someone in the nuts isn't a pressure point. I also stand by my claim that if you have been studying how kicking someone in the nuts hurts you need help. There is no need for me to apologize for anything.

Typical internet wannabe, lacking the courage to back up his mouth and hiding behind a keyboard.
www.neuticles.com/index1.html
just in case you need 'em.

Back