Press Scores | Page 3

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by george14, Mar 19, 2017.

1. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    Still a few years to go and Mayweather only boxed for half of it (2010 to 2015), having to take a break for a stint in prison. Not that five years is a joke, but let's wait and see what happens by the end of the decade. We don't need to get ahead of ourselves like a lot of people did thinking GGG was going to KO Jacobs (something I was guilty of).

2. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    The hell?

I am a big GGG fan. I bet money on him to win with one of the guys on Jacobs team who posts here on sherdog. I thought GGG won a close fight. I won money. So none of what you said to me has any merit or even makes any sense at all.

My entire point was that people with different scorecards can still respect one another if they want to.

Since you took my comment personally and magically decided for no reason at all that I must have scored the fight for Jacobs so I should be insulted that pretty much exactly proves my point.

wilddeuces likes this.
  3. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    I don't know, I don't see the same shitty attitude from people who thought Jacobs won.

4. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    You score this fight again yet?

I just watched it again and still think Jacobs won. I think I stand by giving Jacobs round 12 too.

5. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    No two way street there? I mean there's gotta be rotten people on both sides (admittedly I ran across a ton of it from both sides on - I know, I know - facebook) otherwise, if we can't acknowledge that possibility, we are just letting our confirmation bias take the wheel.

Jonny Ninja and The Can Opener like this.
  6. bad seed full kit wanker

bad seed
    neither fight was a robbery- Gonzalez vs Rungvisai , now that's a robbery.

7. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    I think it's much more of a two way street away from sherdog. Here lots of guys who love power punchers get mad when opponents don't just stand and swing. Like how they shitted on Floyd for boxing Pac and Lara for, well being Lara.

Elsewhere it's a jungle. Look at GGG's instagram. Hundreds of people with hilariously stereotypical screen names calling him every offensive name in the book while raging out for no reason at all.

8. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    I saw it closer but still had Jacobs winning. I'll post my rbr view of it tomorrow. Not a robbery as I thought it might have been night of the fight, but I still generally liked Jacobs' work more. The most striking thing was Jacobs' footwork. Golovkin has never had any trouble finding any of his opponents before, but Jacobs rarely allowed him to set his feet and put more than one or two punches together.

9. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    I'll be honest, I was never the biggest fan of Jacobs before. I respected him of course, I just thought he was a little wild and a little sloppy. The Jacobs I saw on Saturday is a fighter I want to watch again. His punches were tighter and crisper, less wide and looping. His boxing was on point. Very good showing by Jacobs.

10. ProBoxingInsidr Black Belt

ProBoxingInsidr
  11. Italian Brock Brown Belt

Italian Brock
    Kovalav wasn't robbed? Was almost as bad as Gonzales vs rungasvisi

12. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    One of the biggest improvements I can recall from a camp. He looked great.

13. borntoloseNOT Green Belt

borntoloseNOT
    You ain't lying.

Glad he's picking up fans in his "loss", he really poured his heart into his preparation leading up to this fight, and it showed.

14. george14 Yellow Belt

george14
    You know the drill, proof or GTFO.

Anyway, I don't know where I was disrespectful toward anyone else's scorecards. I literally posted press scores and you came in with a stick up your arse. I explained why I posted press scores and you still cannot comprehend why I did it. I didn't post them to say "this is why Golovkin won". I posted them because people were claiming robbery since they were caught up in the heat of the moment.

15. george14 Yellow Belt

george14
    Pretty shocked to see it 7-3 in favor of Golovkin at Mayweather's gym.