Press Scores

Boxing Writers Association of America. Full members can vote annually on FOTY for the Sugar Ray Robinson Award. Since the 90s they also now vote on FOTD (Fighter of the Decade). It was RJJ in the 90s and in the 2000s it was Pac. Fighter of the Decade from 2010 onward will be voted on in 2019.
I honestly dont know who could be fighter of this decade at this moment.
Canelo?

Offensive fighters always seem to have super emotional fans, for some reason. Kovalev, Pacquiao, Golovkin.... after every fight, there's some dude telling everyone how much more they know about boxing than they do, then they post a bunch of nonsense and disappear until the next time the one boxer he watches fights.
They generally arent fans of The Seano either.

Whoever believes Jacobs won doesn't know shit about boxing period. Kovelav vs ward on the other hand was a robbery

Last edited:
Whoever believes Jacobs one doesn't know shit about boxing period. Kovelav vs ward on the other hand was a robbery
Hi, if you can't speak English don't criticise other peoples opinions.

All the robbery talk has died now that people who scored it for jacobs realized they are in a tiny minority.

All the robbery talk has died now that people who scored it for jacobs realized they are in a tiny minority.

That's how it usually goes. Heat of the moment and all that.

This was one of those fights were no matter who had their hand raised at the end it wouldn't have been a robbery. Just a really close fight.

Whoever believes Jacobs won doesn't know shit about boxing period. Kovelav vs ward on the other hand was a robbery
Because one close fight is different than another close fight? Alright lol.

I had it 116-111 Jacobs during the fight but acknowledged one round that I gave to Jacobs that I should have given to GGG.

As for the press thing, I have to disagree. These guys are just bloggers who like boxing. They just make a living off of being fans. I'm not sure what it is that gives Dan Rafael more knowledge than me or other guys who have been studying the sport all of our lives. Is Brian Campbell a pro athlete? A trainer? Whats he know?

Look, I dislike the nerd who sits in his basement just as much as the next guy. I do value a professionals athletes opinion. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like Dan Rafael, buster Olney, Pierre LeBrun, etc. don't know their respective sports. Same thing with MMA, if a fighter says they think fighter A won, ok.....what is your scorecard? It's round by round based, not emotional.

If you scored in 116-111 for Jacobs (or apparently 115-112), I'm willing to bet you would be in the 5% that did so. A majority of people thought Golovkin won and I concede a 114-113 decision for Jacobs is ok. It was a close fight we both agree. But over on the boxing forums you have people saying Jacobs won 10-2 and those people are either Canelo fans or they hate Golovkin. There are a solid 6 rounds in that fight that are easy to agree on. Yet people were just being homers.

In MMA I tend to look on MMAdecisions because idiots on Sherdog claim everything is a robbery. It's just how people react. GGG-Jacobs was exactly like Jones-Gustafsson in my opinion. A close fight where a small minority though the underdog won. But in reality it was just a close fight that many expected the champ to dominate.

The beauty of the way @Seano sees this stuff is pretty refreshing. Rather than trust anyones scoring he makes up his own mind and sticks to it. The thing is he accepts the judges results and realizes that how he or anyone else scored the fight really doesn't matter. You can score it exactly how he does and favor skill over aggression or do the exact opposite and use damage inflicted as the biggest criteria. In the end it doesn't really change anything.

So many people here get so upset when a judge or even just some random poster doesn't see it how they do. It's pretty silly.

So posting press scores made you feel the need to post this snooty comment? Sorry Jacobs lost, I truly am.

Most polls have this "tiny minority" to be about 35-40%.

Because one close fight is different than another close fight? Alright lol.
The kovalav fight wasn't as close as this ggg and Jacobs ( which really wasn't as close as the average couch potato is trying to make it seem)

Most polls have this "tiny minority" to be about 35-40%.

the "tiny minority" are those that believe jacobs was robbed

35-40 percent think that jacobs won

there is a big, big difference between thinking a fighter won a fight and that the fighter was robbed.

for example, i have no problem with anyone thinking that jacobs won the fight. i do have a probelm with people here thinking that he was robbed, which is borderline delusional as jacobs himself admitted that he would have been okay with a draw; more often those same people here who believed andre ward beat sergy kovalev(i have no problem with this as well) even though ward was kd and the punch stats where equal whereas golovkin was not kd and gennady won the fightmetrics in punches landed, punches thrown and at a higher connect percentage

the "tiny minority" are those that believe jacobs was robbed

35-40 percent think that jacobs won

there is a big, big difference between thinking a fighter won a fight and that the fighter was robbed.

for example, i have no problem with anyone thinking that jacobs won the fight. i do have a probelm with people here thinking that he was robbed, which is borderline delusional as jacobs himself admitted that he would have been okay with a draw; more often those same people here who believed andre ward beat sergy kovalev(i have no problem with this as well) even though ward was kd and the punch stats where equal whereas golovkin was not kd and gennady won the fightmetrics in punches landed, punches thrown and at a higher connect percentage
Fair enough. Robbed is a loosely used (and overused) term.

Gonzalez or Mayweather, probably.

I doubt Mayweather because even if he does fight McGregor, that would make him maybe 10-0 for a 10 year span?

Someone like Golovkin 19-0, maybe Klitschko if he beats Joshua, and some others would probably get the nod over Mayweather simply because of activity.

I doubt Mayweather because even if he does fight McGregor, that would make him maybe 10-0 for a 10 year span?

Someone like Golovkin 19-0, maybe Klitschko if he beats Joshua, and some others would probably get the nod over Mayweather simply because of activity.

I was thinking more just so far. Ward might have a claim, too.

{<redford}

Scoring is pretty subjective. I try to remind myself of that every time I feel like calling someone on a scorecard.

Offensive fighters always seem to have super emotional fans, for some reason. Kovalev, Pacquiao, Golovkin.... after every fight, there's some dude telling everyone how much more they know about boxing than they do, then they post a bunch of nonsense and disappear until the next time the one boxer he watches fights.

I dunno. There seem to be an awful lot of super emotional fans that think jacobs was robbed and he wasn't all that aggressive. I think you get super emotional fans crawling out of the woodwork for any style. It's what fans do.

Back