Presidential Charitible Foundation being Sued by NY AG!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37639370

"In a 12-page memo written by Doug Band, a longtime aide to Bill Clinton, he describes using his consulting firm to raise money for the Clinton Global Initiative as well as direct personal income for the former president.

Mr Band rallied clients of his firm, Teneo, to contribute directly to Mr Clinton for "in-kind services for the President and his family - for personal travel, hospitality, vacation and the like" referring to that fund as "Bill Clinton Inc".

Several companies directly paid the former president for his speeches or advice, as well as making contributions to the Clinton Global Initiative. Republicans have criticised this, saying it allowed corporations to pay for access to the former president."

This is all politically motivated. They want to bring Trump down before he can bring Clinton/DNC down. But their attack on him will just motivate a counter attack on them.
giphy.gif

The allegation against Trump is he used the same slogan "make america great again" to raise money for veterans through his foundation, thereby campaigning with the foundation. That's not even nearly the same thing.

...that's the allegation?

What thread are you in?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37639370

"In a 12-page memo written by Doug Band, a longtime aide to Bill Clinton, he describes using his consulting firm to raise money for the Clinton Global Initiative as well as direct personal income for the former president.

Mr Band rallied clients of his firm, Teneo, to contribute directly to Mr Clinton for "in-kind services for the President and his family - for personal travel, hospitality, vacation and the like" referring to that fund as "Bill Clinton Inc".

Several companies directly paid the former president for his speeches or advice, as well as making contributions to the Clinton Global Initiative. Republicans have criticised this, saying it allowed corporations to pay for access to the former president."

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/27/read-the-hacked-memo-detailing-part-of-bill-clinton-inc.html

Notably, the document illuminates a series of tangled interests, but it did not appear to present any evidence whatsoever of either pay-to-play or corruption for Band, Bill or Hillary Clinton.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/benjamin-wallace-wells/the-trouble-with-doug-band

In November, 2011, some employees at the Clinton Foundation told Chelsea Clinton about an alarming situation in what she has called “my father’s world.” The concerns were complicated and Chelsea wasn’t sure which ones were true, but they orbited around one of her father’s senior aides at the Clinton Foundation, Doug Band, and a more junior one, Justin Cooper. Chelsea’s informants thought that Band and Cooper were leveraging their connections with Bill Clinton for their own profit, and Chelsea herself seemed to agree.

Chelsea Clinton, when roused, seems a formidable adversary, not just because she is connected but because she is a sharp observer of systems gone awry. (This, at least, is the version of her that comes through most clearly in the e-mails from Hillary Clinton’s circle which have been made public during the past year.) In a series of e-mails, she had alerted her parents and their closest advisers about the accusations, and the law firm Simpson Thacher & Bartlett began a corporate review of the Clinton Foundation. On November 16, 2011, Band, the main target of Chelsea’s outrage, wrote a twelve-page memo to defend himself.

The Band memo is a big nothing. The Republicans didn't even try to launch an investigation because it was so obviously nothing and during the campaign Trump even talked about how the Clinton's had consulted law firms to ensure that their activity was legal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/27/read-the-hacked-memo-detailing-part-of-bill-clinton-inc.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/benjamin-wallace-wells/the-trouble-with-doug-band

The Band memo is a big nothing. The Republicans didn't even try to launch an investigation because it was so obviously nothing and during the campaign Trump even talked about how the Clinton's had consulted law firms to ensure that their activity was legal.

You can deny there was any wrong doing. Let's assume the Clintons made all their money legally. The fact is, they went from "dead broke" after leaving the white house in 2000 to over $240 million income to 2016. What did they sell, if not political influence? A speaking fee may be legal, but it's still a bribe.

Where can I find proof of their corruption from a reputable source?

Nowhere, obviously. The lurid fantasies about the Clinton Foundation are just needed to distract from Trump's corruption. I doubt many of the people peddling them even genuinely believe them.

You can deny there was any wrong doing. Let's assume the Clintons made all their money legally. The fact is, they went from "dead broke" after leaving the white house in 2000 to over $240 million income to 2016. What did they sell, if not political influence? A speaking fee may be legal, but it's still a bribe.
giphy.gif

Thread is about Trumps charity. Make a thread about Clintons but don't gum up this one with your deflections.

The thread about the NY AG suing trump. Am I the only one who read the actual lawsuit?

The suit alleges that the Trump Foundation engaged in "repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump's personal and business interests."
The suit contends that the Trump Foundation used the tax-deductible donations in at least five instances that benefited Trump or businesses he controls.

These instances include a $100,000 payment to settle legal claims against his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. The lawsuit contains a note from Donald Trump, which alleges that he personally directed his accounting staff to draw the $100,000 payment from the assets of the foundation to pay a legal settlement at his resort. Any personal, legal or business transactions, not having to do with the charity, should have been made from his personal or business accounts.
The suit also alleges a $158,000 payment to settle legal claims against his Trump National Golf Club in 2008 from a hole-in-one tournament; and a $10,000 payment at a charity auction to purchase a painting of Trump that was displayed at the Trump National Doral in Miami.

But yeah, totally the same as what you were saying...

<LikeReally5>

The suit alleges that the Trump Foundation engaged in "repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump's personal and business interests."
The suit contends that the Trump Foundation used the tax-deductible donations in at least five instances that benefited Trump or businesses he controls.

These instances include a $100,000 payment to settle legal claims against his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. The lawsuit contains a note from Donald Trump, which alleges that he personally directed his accounting staff to draw the $100,000 payment from the assets of the foundation to pay a legal settlement at his resort. Any personal, legal or business transactions, not having to do with the charity, should have been made from his personal or business accounts.
The suit also alleges a $158,000 payment to settle legal claims against his Trump National Golf Club in 2008 from a hole-in-one tournament; and a $10,000 payment at a charity auction to purchase a painting of Trump that was displayed at the Trump National Doral in Miami.

But yeah, totally the same as what you were saying...

<LikeReally5>

Read more. All of those payments were based on money owing set off from the foundation renting space in trumps hotels and golf courses, and were also subsequently repaid. It’s a nothing burger. There’s no rule against conflict of interest unless it hurts the foundation and that’s why they’re going after the board by saying the board of directors failed to act in their fiduciary duty and prevent the trump foundation from using trump hotels and golf courses, yet they’ve failed to explain why other hotels or venues would have been better and thus failed to show any beach of fiduciary duty. This lawsuit is a joke.

Read more. All of those payments were based on money owing set off from the foundation renting space in trumps hotels and golf courses, and were also subsequently repaid.

I'm kind of impressed at the level of spin needed to get here. I mean, referring to lawsuits as "money owing" while simultaneously trying to sound like a well versed lawyer, that's amazing..

It’s a nothing burger. There’s no rule against conflict of interest unless it hurts the foundation and that’s why they’re going after the board by saying the board of directors failed to act in their fiduciary duty and prevent the trump foundation from using trump hotels and golf courses, yet they’ve failed to explain why other hotels or venues would have been better and thus failed to show any beach of fiduciary duty. This lawsuit is a joke.

Failed to show why other hotels or venues would be better?

I really, REALLY would love to know, where'd you get your law degree from?

I'm kind of impressed at the level of spin needed to get here. I mean, referring to lawsuits as "money owing" while simultaneously trying to sound like a well versed lawyer, that's amazing..

Failed to show why other hotels or venues would be better?

I really, REALLY would love to know, where'd you get your law degree from?

To show self-dealing was improper, the AG has to show how the conflict of interest in Trump Foundation using Trump Organization hotels actually hurt the Trump Foundation, and to do that, they would have to show how other venues would be better. If the fees paid by the Trump Foundation to the Trump Organization hotels and golf resorts were reasonable, and there was other basis to use the synergy of the Trump name for the benefit of the Foundation, then how can the AG argue that the self-dealing was a breach of any fiduciary duty?

I didn't claim to be a lawyer. None of this will stick. Pure politics.

None of this will stick. Pure politics.

You really think the NY AG like with the Cohen charges would bring a case against the President if they didn't think they had strong evidence?
Especially in this political environment.

I remember people saying the Cohen case was politics and would be thrown out too but he's just had to hire a new set of lawyers.

You really think the NY AG like with the Cohen charges would bring a case against the President if they didn't think they had strong evidence?
Especially in this political environment.

I remember people saying the Cohen case was politics and would be thrown out too but he's just had to hire a new set of lawyers.
Like I said before,
MAGA= Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Trumptards having panic attacks trying to spin this into a "bu bu but Hilary!" defense. Breathe mutherfackers, breathe.

giphy.webp

There's no limit to their greed! I wonder if Jared will stiff all those middle eastern nations that lent him big money.

To show self-dealing was improper, the AG has to show how the conflict of interest in Trump Foundation using Trump Organization hotels actually hurt the Trump Foundation, and to do that

Let's stop right here. Repeat what you wrote out loud. They don't have to prove "the foundation hurt the foundation". Because that's not what this suit is at all. I don't know who's providing you your spin, but I'd find a better source.

they would have to show how other venues would be better. If the fees paid by the Trump Foundation to the Trump Organization hotels and golf resorts were reasonable, and there was other basis to use the synergy of the Trump name for the benefit of the Foundation, then how can the AG argue that the self-dealing was a breach of any fiduciary duty?

Easily, with things like evidence. But you seem to be ignoring that in this thread for some strange reason.

I didn't claim to be a lawyer. None of this will stick. Pure politics.

"Not a lawyer, just a psychic. A very confident psychic, trying to explain this all away...."

Actually you know what, I think you could be a lawyer. See if Fox takes callers on any of it's shows, try you hardest to get on. Then repeat the "great legal argument" you just made. I think Trump might hire you.

Back