President Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries linked to his sprawling business empire

Banning Iranians but Saudi Arabia and UAE are ok?

My eyes are rolling.

I'm not big on tons of immigration. But I believe the folks we should be helping are those fleeing war and persecution. Especially if we precipitated the situation.

Everyone, like say the son of Trump's national security adviser?

It especially becomes a religion based ban when you consider that Trump

a) bans Syrians
b) announces he will take in lots of Syrian Christians

Everyone, like say the son of Trump's national security adviser?

Someone just explained to me that hashtags are are just a way to get in the conversation. I just learned that today. I don't know his deal, though, but if it's his belief he's wrong as well.

This is a legit question and not the start to an argument. What is the reasoning for including Iran other than "we don't like them"? I know the "reason" for the others are that they all are in various states of civil war or unrest, but Iran isnt.

Someone just explained to me that hashtags are are just a way to get in the conversation. I just learned that today. I don't know his deal, though, but if it's his belief he's wrong as well.

Fair enough.

This is a legit question and not the start to an argument. What is the reasoning for including Iran other than "we don't like them"? I know the "reason" for the others are that they all are in various states of civil war or unrest, but Iran isnt.
I haven't figured that one out either. Maybe it sends a message to Iran by lumping them in with shit holes? Seems unnecessarily provocative, though.

To be fair to Trump, the liberal outcry and America's negotiating stance would be weakened with those "allies" if he outright banned every Muslim. Look at how bunched up libs are now?

It's a good start to at least put countries that don't have stable governments and ongoing revolutions in their countries. Anything more than that liberals would be self immolating on the streets (not a bad thing, but that's what could happen).
I disagree. Many liberals are going to oppose it regardless of whether it included all of the Middle East or not. And since when does Trump give a fuck if liberals will oppose it (or anyone for that matter)?

And if you're afraid of hurting relationships with allies, well, that ship sailed. The ban has caused worldwide outrage even with countries not involved.

As we have come to expect, Trump didn't think it through or he just doesn't care about the damage.

I disagree. Many liberals are going to oppose it regardless of whether it included all of the Middle East or not. And since when does Trump give a fuck if liberals will oppose it (or anyone for that matter)?

And if you're afraid of hurting relationships with allies, well, that ship sailed. The ban has caused worldwide outrage even with countries not involved.

As we have come to expect, Trump didn't think it through or he just doesn't care about the damage.

Read the WR. These people don't care about truth or decency. It's all about angering people who love America.

I guess it's just a coincidence.

Duh?
not like THAT many Muslim countries are rolling w/ $$$, and make it easy to do business with them.

Why do retards still run this narrative that hes in it for the money? he already has money and hes old, the only reason to focus on his "conflicts of interest" is cuz you're poor, and jelly.

President Trump’s most recent executive ordereffectively bans citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. for at least 90 days — but some Muslim countries were spared from the order's blacklist, even though they have deep-seated ties to terrorism.

Conspicuously, Trump doesn't hold any business interests in any of the countries on the list, but holds major stakes in several of those excluded from it, records show.

Friday’s executive order, signed at the Pentagon, suspends the issuing of U.S. visas or travel permits to people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...ed-businesses-article-1.2957956?client=safari

SAUDI ARABIA

Trump registered eight companies tied to hotel interests in the country shortly after launching his campaign in August 2015, according to The Washington Post. The companies were registered under such names as THC Jeddah Hotel and DT Jeddah Technical Services; company names The Post reported bore striking resemblance to ones Trump has registered in other foreign countries.

During a campaign rally in Alabama last year, Trump expressed his admiration for the Saudis.

“They buy apartment from me,” he said. “They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

Those comments could cock a few eyebrows, since most of the 9/11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia.

Further, a declassified U.S. intelligence report known as the “28 pages” claims the Saudi government and its wealthy citizens actively funded Muslim radicalism through mosques and charities in the U.S. around the time of 9/11 attacks. The 19 hijackers were in close contact with Saudi nationals before carrying out the terror attack, which became the worst one in U.S. history.

TURKEY

Trump currently licenses his name to two luxury towers in the Turkish capital Istanbul.

He received as much as $5 million from the deals last year, according to his latest financial disclosures. Furthermore, since the election, Trump’s development partner, Dogan Sirketler Grubu Holding, has seen its shares surge by nearly 11%.

Meanwhile, Turkey is a hotbed for terrorist activities, with the State Department issuing a travel alert advising U.S. citizens not to travel to the country because of “increased threats from terrorist groups” just this Wednesday.

“An increase in anti-American rhetoric has the potential to inspire independent actors to carry out acts of violence against U.S. citizens,” the alert states.

EGYPT

In Egypt, Trump’s business holdings are characteristically vague. His latest Federal Election Commission filing lists two companies in the country, Trump Marks Egypt and Trump Marks Egypt LLC, both of which are most likely connected to a development venture.

The State Department, meanwhile, strongly discourages Americans from traveling to Egypt since “terrorist attacks can occur anywhere” due to the presence of ISIS-affiliated groups.

Egyptian citizens killed a total of 162 Americans between 1975 and 2015.

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

The Trump Organization has a licensing and management deal in Dubai for two golf courses and a whole neighborhood of luxury villas currently under construction. The second golf course was designed by Tiger Woods.

Trump has traveled frequently to the Middle Eastern nation with his daughter, Ivanka, and the two have been seen in numerous photographs over the years, playing golf and shaking hands with affluent sheiks.

While the UAE ranks as the sixth richest country in the world, a widespread presence of ISIS- and Al Qaeda- affiliated groups persists in the area and poses a serious threat to American citizens, according to the State Department.

“Both historical and current information suggest that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), al-Qaida, and affiliated organizations continue to plan attacks against Western targets,” states a safety notice on the department’s website, using alternate spellings for the groups.

A total of 314 Americans were killed by UAE citizens between 1975 and 2015, according to CATO.

In addition to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, President Trump holds extensive business interests in the Muslim majority nations of Indonesia and Azerbaijan. Both have documented ties to Islamic terrorism — yet neither is included on the executive order's blacklist.

I guess it's just a coincidence.

he did not pick each country individually

obama made a list of countries of concern

trump implemented a temporary ban from countries on that list, until he can get a better vetting process

if you are mad that countries are/aren't included in that list, you should ask why obama did/didnt put them there

“I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order.”

whether or not a country was in "section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12)" was determined by the obama administration

people are acting like trump individually picked each country piecemeal

Back