President Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries linked to his sprawling business empire

Oh come on.

Saudi Arabia = ally and large client of arms industry

Turkey = Nato ally

Eypt - US ally

The question to me is why Morocco and Algeria are not on the list.

Excuse the fuck out of me, but were you people not the ones trashing HRC because she received donations from Saudi Arabia ("the enemy")? Wasn't Trump supposed to put Saudi Arabia in their place? Wasn't the entire point of these immigration bans to "keep us safe from Islamist terrorists"? Now, even though the vast majority of Islamist terrorists who have killed American citizens have come from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc, it's okay to not include those countries in this immigration ban?

What?

I highly doubt Trump could articulate any differences between Iran and, let's say, Pakistan. He is clearly a buffoon of tremendous stature. The guy has been an obvious con man from the start. Those who get conned almost never admit it, preferring to pass off blame elsewhere (see all the "it's a start!", "better than before", "playing politics"...).

Sad!

Is this what the left will do.

"Ha you believed he'd keep his promises??"

To

"Well yea but it's not that Good of a wall, it should be at least ten feet taller!"

"OK so he banned Muslims, he at least should have banned more!"

Excuse the fuck out of me, but were you people not the ones trashing HRC because she received donations from Saudi Arabia ("the enemy")?

Who are you talking to?

i feel like this sort of thing is going to be theme of trumps presidency. making policies that fills his own pocket.

Should Trump get Eric Kushner's dad out of prison or ankle bracelets just because he wants to or has done work with him?

Should Serbian & Bosniac business owners just open up the border crossings & ignore history.

President Trump’s most recent executive ordereffectively bans citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. for at least 90 days — but some Muslim countries were spared from the order's blacklist, even though they have deep-seated ties to terrorism.

Conspicuously, Trump doesn't hold any business interests in any of the countries on the list, but holds major stakes in several of those excluded from it, records show.

Friday’s executive order, signed at the Pentagon, suspends the issuing of U.S. visas or travel permits to people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...ed-businesses-article-1.2957956?client=safari

SAUDI ARABIA

Trump registered eight companies tied to hotel interests in the country shortly after launching his campaign in August 2015, according to The Washington Post. The companies were registered under such names as THC Jeddah Hotel and DT Jeddah Technical Services; company names The Post reported bore striking resemblance to ones Trump has registered in other foreign countries.

During a campaign rally in Alabama last year, Trump expressed his admiration for the Saudis.

“They buy apartment from me,” he said. “They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

Those comments could cock a few eyebrows, since most of the 9/11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia.

Further, a declassified U.S. intelligence report known as the “28 pages” claims the Saudi government and its wealthy citizens actively funded Muslim radicalism through mosques and charities in the U.S. around the time of 9/11 attacks. The 19 hijackers were in close contact with Saudi nationals before carrying out the terror attack, which became the worst one in U.S. history.

TURKEY

Trump currently licenses his name to two luxury towers in the Turkish capital Istanbul.

He received as much as $5 million from the deals last year, according to his latest financial disclosures. Furthermore, since the election, Trump’s development partner, Dogan Sirketler Grubu Holding, has seen its shares surge by nearly 11%.

Meanwhile, Turkey is a hotbed for terrorist activities, with the State Department issuing a travel alert advising U.S. citizens not to travel to the country because of “increased threats from terrorist groups” just this Wednesday.

“An increase in anti-American rhetoric has the potential to inspire independent actors to carry out acts of violence against U.S. citizens,” the alert states.

EGYPT

In Egypt, Trump’s business holdings are characteristically vague. His latest Federal Election Commission filing lists two companies in the country, Trump Marks Egypt and Trump Marks Egypt LLC, both of which are most likely connected to a development venture.

The State Department, meanwhile, strongly discourages Americans from traveling to Egypt since “terrorist attacks can occur anywhere” due to the presence of ISIS-affiliated groups.

Egyptian citizens killed a total of 162 Americans between 1975 and 2015.

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

The Trump Organization has a licensing and management deal in Dubai for two golf courses and a whole neighborhood of luxury villas currently under construction. The second golf course was designed by Tiger Woods.

Trump has traveled frequently to the Middle Eastern nation with his daughter, Ivanka, and the two have been seen in numerous photographs over the years, playing golf and shaking hands with affluent sheiks.

While the UAE ranks as the sixth richest country in the world, a widespread presence of ISIS- and Al Qaeda- affiliated groups persists in the area and poses a serious threat to American citizens, according to the State Department.

“Both historical and current information suggest that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), al-Qaida, and affiliated organizations continue to plan attacks against Western targets,” states a safety notice on the department’s website, using alternate spellings for the groups.

A total of 314 Americans were killed by UAE citizens between 1975 and 2015, according to CATO.

In addition to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, President Trump holds extensive business interests in the Muslim majority nations of Indonesia and Azerbaijan. Both have documented ties to Islamic terrorism — yet neither is included on the executive order's blacklist.

I guess it's just a coincidence.
How fucking hard is this shit? Let's play the 'what makes them similar' game...

Somalia - War torn, failed state
Libya - War torn, failed state
Sudan - War torn, failed state
Syria - War torn, failed state
Iraq - War torn, failed state
Yemen- War torn, failed state

Iran is the only exception to that. So no, it has nothing to do with business interests, and it's not a religious ban that everyone on Twitter is claiming it is.

Lol, hey Trump fans, remind me how you felt about Clinton's ties to the Saudis again?

Dipshit hypocrites.

I highly doubt Trump could articulate any differences between Iran and, let's say, Pakistan. He is clearly a buffoon of tremendous stature. The guy has been an obvious con man from the start. Those who get conned almost never admit it, preferring to pass off blame elsewhere (see all the "it's a start!", "better than before", "playing politics"...).

Sad!

Hillary lost, get over it.

Excuse the fuck out of me, but were you people not the ones trashing HRC because she received donations from Saudi Arabia ("the enemy")? Wasn't Trump supposed to put Saudi Arabia in their place? Wasn't the entire point of these immigration bans to "keep us safe from Islamist terrorists"? Now, even though the vast majority of Islamist terrorists who have killed American citizens have come from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, etc, it's okay to not include those countries in this immigration ban?

What?

Well thanks to Obama being a total cunt and letting the Ruskis and Iran run shit in Iraq and Syria the bastard Saudis are now more important then ever to Muricana.

Iran is the only exception to that. So no, it has nothing to do with business interests, and it's not a religious ban that everyone on Twitter is claiming it is.
So being a threat to American citizens isn't the primary reason for the ban?

He basically didn't ban countries with which the US needs to maintain a good diplomatic relationship, and I doubt he made the choices himself but had advisers telling him he couldn't afford to ban certain countries. It's not realistic at all that you could ban the entire Muslim world. But I'm not surprised that democrats are whining because he didn't reach a 100% ban, which you know very well won't happen.
Pointing out inconsistencies of logic isn't whining, it's criticism. It's telling when your argument is so often predicating on casting your opposition in a demoralizing light instead of having a better argument.

Well thanks to Obama being a total cunt and letting the Ruskis and Iran run shit in Iraq and Syria the bastard Saudis are now more important then ever to Muricana.
Hilary lost, get over it.

<mma4>

Pleasantly surprised by this, silus

You're basically blaming liberals for Trump not banning his business partners. Man, if there's one country everyone (left, right, whatever) should be worried about it's Saudi Arabia.

But if Trump is in bed with them it's no problem of course.

You can't have everything right away. I know liberals are attributing Trump's "secret interests" to this, and it theoretically could be playing a part, but it's also the fact that we need those countries to implement agenda in the middle east.

I would not be surprised if Trump is planning to muscle Sauidis into paying for Iraq rebuilding and sharing the oil profits and Pakistan to keep Afghanistan and Iran in check. There is more to this than meets the eye.

We need alllies to take the oil to pay for all the money we threw out in that shithole. We can't outright ban everyone and expect anything productive. Are you upset about Trump having some underlying strategy?

I'm sure more things are to come. Let's give it a year to see more developments.
Patience isn't liberal's strong suit, I know.

So being a threat to American citizens isn't the primary reason for the ban?

Having a non or barely existent government with little to no way of keeping records of which citizens have been arrested or otherwise connected to shady stuff moreso.

Abdul trying to come to US from Yemen with no background or history that can be verified > Abdul trying to come to the US from a functioning government state with verifiable personal history that can be vetted by US immigration.

Shocking, I know, that Trump doesn't maintain business in wartorn states without stable governments.

6829687_orig.gif

Those who get conned almost never admit it, preferring to pass off blame elsewhere (see all the "it's a start!", "better than before", "playing politics"...).

Sad!

Cognitive dissonance is real.

Back