President Trump: I wouldn't have appointed Sessions if I knew he'd recuse himself on Russia

See my post below yours. Ford did indeed pardon Nixon for non-specified potential crimes. That's the only time I'm aware of that this has been done. The SCOTUS has never ruled upon its validity, but since the pardon was never legally challenged I believe it's correct to assume the POTUS has that power.

yet again, none of this is really necessary.

fire Rosenstein, then appoint all conservatives in the DOJ line of succession.

and someone will fire Mueller eventually.

this isn't rocket science.

Because it's none of your fucking business, that's why. Same thing most anyone else would tell you, if you asked to see their tax returns.
Most anyone else doesn't run for President. He's the only one since Nixon that has run for President and not released them. It's called transparency.

You sound like you're just arguing your position with assumptions. It's not little old him that's looking into this now it's the FBI.

The point stems from him wanting the tax returns made public. As if making them public would matter, or "prove" anything that the government doesn't already know.

90% of the population couldn't even begin to comprehend the tax returns of a billionaire business mogul.

We've been over the conflicts of interest thing. It doesn't apply to The President. You already know he has businesses around the world, that would technically be a conflict of interest. You don't need to see his tax returns to know that.
He can't be charged with a conflict of interest but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

He can't be charged with a conflict of interest but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

If he can't be charged, it's kind of irrelevant, no?

I mean, you can stew over it if you want, but nothing is going to happen.

The tax returns are his birth certificate issue. He wants people to keep to demanding them and making up conspiracy theories about them. Then when the time is right, he'll drop them and it will be considered a big win for him.

The point stems from him wanting the tax returns made public. As if making them public would matter, or "prove" anything that the government doesn't already know.

90% of the population couldn't even begin to comprehend the tax returns of a billionaire business mogul.
It's not what the government knows it's about the administration being transparent so the American people know what kind of integrity the President has. We wouldn't know what to do if you plopped all his tax paperwork on our lap buy I'm sure the investigators could write up a summary the layman can understand.

If he can't be charged, it's kind of irrelevant, no?

I mean, you can stew over it if you want, but nothing is going to happen.
It's not irrelevant it shows his character and casts doubt as to the true reason he ran for office. Think of Kennedy's quote, " it's not what your country can do for you...".

The tax returns are his birth certificate issue. He wants people to keep to demanding them and making up conspiracy theories about them. Then when the time is right, he'll drop them and it will be considered a big win for him.
And you know this how?

He's already stated that the Mueller of the F.B.I. had better NOT look into his or his family's finances. "That's a red line."

If he has zero to hide and is 100% innocent, why not let the investigation go where it goes?

Isn't that coercion to tell the F.B.I. that when you're the President?

No there isn't. Has Trump been punished for not releasing his tax returns? No he hasn't. Same standard applies. He can do it if he wants to, but he's certainly not obliged to.
Man you are so full of shit it's coming out of your ears

Back