President Trump: Creation of Space Force, 6th Branch of US Military

plUJnWE.jpg

I think you guys are interpreting "elite" more within the context of military capability when I was referencing attrition rates (most acutely within the general body, not more specialized forces):
https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/76xx/doc7626/10-05-recruiting.pdf

Marines are better careerists, but historically, they have had higher initial attrition rates. I didn't check, it's in that PDF, but if memory serves me correctly, we spend more on average training per Marine recruit than Army recruit.

If this has changed, and the Army boot camp is considered more difficult or extensive than the Marine one, I stand corrected. I know the gender thing has changed standards and practices a lot since I came out of high school.
I see what you are saying now. Let me add a little context for you, as I think this is the disconnect: Army Basic Combat Training is designed to pass all recruits, so if you fail out, you're the exception. Guys like Edward Snowden failed out because he came in as a super out-of-shape kid, so he developed stress fractures. Medical is a big one. There is a poster Mike Armyquit or something. That guy failed out because he had a mental episode where he cut his arms open and tried to make himself bleed to death (guy is a fucking psycho). These are the types of people who don't pass Army Basic Training. For those that are struggling, they will just keep training you until you pass. Marine Corps Boot Camp, on the other hand, is not designed to pass everyone. Over 90% of people pass because it's still not that hard, but people fail because they don't meet the standards. They will give you a certain number of chances to pass each graded event, and if you don't, then you get sent home.

The Marines also spend more on their Boot Camp than the Army does. They also rely on it more. The Army, on the other hand, uses Basic Training as a "check the box" training experience, relying more heavily on your job-specific training. As I was talking about, we have A LOT more jobs that people can do, ranging from medical (the Marines have no medical personnel at all; they're all Navy personnel) to logistics to police to intel to combat types. We care a lot more about that job training (rightly or wrongly) than the Marines do ("Every Marine is a Rifleman first and foremost"), so we commit our resources accordingly. That fact is skewing the statistics you are looking at.

The Army has a much higher budget per Soldier than the Marines do per Marine. They are, by far, the smallest and least funded of the service branches. Probably explains why they were fighting in Iraq with kevlar vests that don't stop AK-47 rounds in 2003 while Soldiers were wearing armor with plates in the vests that do stop AK-47 rounds and we had more armored vehicles than they did. Turns out canvas about as thick as a tent you'd go camping with doesn't do shit again bullets or shrapnel :eek::mad:

Hmm. Maybe the key to getting useful shit is adding it to the military budget. "healthcare force" and "infrastructure force" both have a nice ring to it.

I still cant take this idea seriously

Right. China won't take any military steps into space. Laws just magically make people not do things. Might rules you clown. DO you know how many treaties and international laws the US and China break every fuckin day? Sit back and let people of action take over. Not lackeys tied to rules. YOu are gonna get us all killed.
In that case, why bother trying to negotiate for North Korea to give up their nukes? Based on what you're saying it's an exercise in futility and naivete

I wonder if when he said "separate but equal" he knew what he saying. Like, I'm sure he knows that it vaguely has something to do with racial laws, but something tells me that he associates "separate but equal" with the good side of civil rights, and was trying to invoke harmony. I think he's exactly that ignorant. The alternative is that somebody wrote it for him, or he said it himself because he wants to randomly race troll on an unrelated subject.

LOL, I hit a trigger.

Save it for the grunts. You can interpret that as, "More elite at dying", since you're clearly an Army man. It's an anti-mutineer force. It all grew out of that niche. The Marines aren't conquering the Army. That was my big picture. Quibble with the rest of it.
Actually I was Air Force. Army assigned for a good chunk of my career though. We zoomies tend to view both services as different species of lower ape though.

The Army has a much higher budget per Soldier than the Marines do per Marine. They are, by far, the smallest and least funded of the service branches.

Nah, that’d be the Coast Guard. Smaller than NYPD with a budget that Air Force would wipe its ass with.

This space force thing seems like it’s more about spinning USAF Space Command out into its own entity similar to how they spun AF out of the Army post-WW2.

Ah America. The land where even an out of shape, overly sensitive man rustled by comments about his hand size, can be called Alpha.

I wish the laws of nature still applied to us. A 5 foot tall, semi-athletic woman would've beat the shit out of Trump for some fruit by now.
You must be confused. Trump could buy you if he wanted to. He could literally own you. All physical attributes go out the window when he has the money & power to do whatever he wants

Nah, that’d be the Coast Guard. Smaller than NYPD with a budget that Air Force would wipe its ass with.

This space force thing seems like it’s more about spinning USAF Space Command out into its own entity similar to how they spun AF out of the Army post-WW2.
USCG isn't even DOD. They don't count. And the Air Force has a huge budget because they have most of the missiles, including the nukes. Their shit is super expensive compared to our cheap-ass Army stuff.

Agreed. But the question of why hasn't really been answered yet.

You must be confused. Trump could buy you if he wanted to. He could literally own you. All physical attributes go out the window when he has the money & power to do whatever he wants
Funny how Trump cultists always say this, adoringly, about Trump, but they don't say it about George Soros. Might be something to think about.

Funny how Trump cultists always say this, adoringly, about Trump, but they don't say it about George Soros. Might be something to think about.
I seriously don’t even know who that is

But can he become leader of the most powerful country in the world like Trump did?
I'm sure he could move the goalposts however he wanted with that kind of money. But since you're doing the Trumper Shuffle, let's apply that to every US President, especially the ones you aren't in love with (gross lol).

Back