President Putin Approves A Change In Law That Decriminalises Some Forms Of Domestic Violence

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Wait what? Putin approves of abuse of woman as long as it is in the home? I have not seen a thread about this news on Sherdog figured it's a good time to create it.

"The amendment, which sailed through both houses of Russian parliament before Tuesday’s presidential signing, has elicited anger from critics who say that it sends the wrong message in a country where, according to some estimates, one woman dies every 40 minutes from domestic abuse."

These are some backwards ways like 1800's Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ange-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence

I think there was a thread on this a few weeks back.

Did not see it must have been drowned out by the millions of threads talking about how great it is seeing Putin and Trump hitting it off.

Did not see it must have been drowned out by the millions of threads talking about how great it is seeing Putin and Trump hitting it off.

Probably, it's been a Trump shit show in here. Almost as big of a shit show as Trump out there.

Wait what? Putin approves of abuse of woman as long as it is in the home? I have not seen a thread about this news on Sherdog figured it's a good time to create it.

"The amendment, which sailed through both houses of Russian parliament before Tuesday’s presidential signing, has elicited anger from critics who say that it sends the wrong message in a country where, according to some estimates, one woman dies every 40 minutes from domestic abuse."

These are some backwards ways like 1800's Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ange-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence
It's only once a year bro.

Yea why be happy about avoiding nuclear war over fake news.

Perhaps in their culture it's the women that are getting too aggressive with the men at home and they're just leveling the playing field?

That settled her down more effective than words ever could.

You still get jail time. 15 days for a bruise for the first offense.

Meanwhile Americans have 25% of the world's prisoners. To us everyone belongs in prison. But it's better to have millions of innocent people in prison then risk a guilty man go free.

Perhaps in their culture it's the women that are getting too aggressive with the men at home and they're just leveling the playing field?

That settled her down more effective than words ever could.

I remember hearing Patrice Oneal watching that video, laughing and saying "read this palm, you gypsy bitch"

Last edited:
So many morons here.

There's a reason they did this. People don't just pass laws that make it okay to bash women for no reason. The law also doesn't make it okay to bash women, FYI, it's a relaxation of the law.

They made this law because for a list of reasons, some men in Russia hit their wives. Before the law, women were RELUCTANT TO REPORT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE because they knew that the main wage earner and bread winner of the family would likely see jail time and won't be able to provide for the family if he was reported for hitting her.

Now, the woman can report the husband to the police and he will have a strike against his name, without him seeing a cell. This is a deterrent for violence in the household because he knows if he does it again, he will see a jail cell.

Slowly slowly, the idea is that domestic violence will be fizzled out when the husbands stop striking their wives and when the children stop emulating this type of behaviour.

That's the reasoning behind it. I'm not even saying the reasoning is sound, but the mass propaganda and hysteria about this shit are borderline hilarious.

Back