President Barack Obama Awards Vice President Joe Biden the Medal of Freedom

I can't wait for Pence, Bannon, and Sessons to get one from Trump. If he really wants to crush them, he'll give one to David Duke also.

Don't really know or care how much Biden deserved this but I saw this meme in the morning and it was fucking hilarious.

It was Biden getting his medal with a statement that said. "You're never to old to get a participation trophy".

Good for Joe. He's always been ok in my book.

VP Biden himself stated he was not deserving of such an honor, but he would accept because he knew it came from Obama's heart. Is it normal for a Vice President to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom while still in office? Just seems odd or redundant in some way. Obama seems to be all about those honorary degree-type awards.
If Obama hands out awards like candy, then it helps his legacy. Because all the celebrities and stars will feel indebted to him and talk about how great a president he was.

It's not the Medal of Freedom

It's the Medal of Capture, cuz that's all Joe Biden is known as, a war hero that got captured.

It's the most pathetic last place award you can receive.

I think a lot of people can relate to Biden as a bit like their senile uncle, and for some reason that's enough to overlook the blatant pedophilia.

Barack Obama Awards Joe Biden the Medal of Freedom
The Associated Press
Jan 12, 2017​

gettyimages-631566828.jpg

At the dusk of both of their political careers, surrounded by teary friends and family, President Barack Obama on Thursday bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Joe Biden, the man he called "the finest vice president we have ever seen."

The vice president winced in shock as Obama announced he was conferring the nation's highest civil honor on his right-hand-man for eight years. Biden turned away from the cameras, wiped away some tears, then stood stoically as Obama draped the blue-and-white ribbon around his neck.

"I just hope that the asterisk in history that is attached to my name when they talk about this presidency is that I can say I was part of the journey of a remarkable man who did remarkable things for this country," Biden said.

There were standing ovations—several of them—at what had been billed as a modest farewell ceremony for Biden but evolved into a surprise bestowal of the Medal of Freedom, the last time Obama will present the honor.

"I had no idea," Biden said of the award, insisting he didn't deserve it.

It was the only time Obama has presented the medal "with distinction," also awarded only once by each of the previous three presidents.

One week out from the Obama administration's end, a deep sense of nostalgia set in at the White House as longtime staffers pack up their offices, send out their last emails and bid farewell to the president they've served. On Tuesday, Obama returned home to Chicago to deliver his valedictory address, and next week he'll depart Washington as ex-president just after President-elect Donald Trump is sworn in.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/12/barack-obama-joe-biden-presidential-medal-of-freedom/
1_obama_1_biden_2_losers_tshirt.jpg

It's not the Medal of Freedom

It's the Medal of Capture, cuz that's all Joe Biden is known as, a war hero that got captured.

It's the most pathetic last place award you can receive.

Where did you deploy?

I think a lot of people can relate to Biden as a bit like their senile uncle, and for some reason that's enough to overlook the blatant pedophilia.
Your AV kills me! Looks like a geriatric Conner!

They clearly have an esoteric relationship.

Remember when Biden gave Obama that friendship bracelet for his birthday with a peculiar pizza bead on it. I don't even want to think of what goes on in those pizza parties at the White House, in light of the PizzaGate revelations.

acctmq.jpg

BUNS!!!! Where have you been!? It makes me sad bruh, you just gave up

Hi bunny!!! Idk buns, it's just weird because I've never been on here so long without being banned so it's like, idk how to process being a regular poster on here!! I'll try to post more!

The Medal of Freedom sounds like something out of a comedy movie or a children's book.

Even Bill Cosby won one of those participation medals.

2FB59F4400000578-0-image-a-7_1451588152973.jpg

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back