Premier League Thread v.194 : The king and the queens edition

Who has the best mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlebots is great too. I watch both. Minotaur's drum spinner is frightening. Concussion won their heat last year, which is a similar design:

iu

They were a new team though so had a few stability issues. I have a feeling a drum spinner could win this series of RW.

I made the mistake of going to the last day of filming last series. Watching the TV show while knowing the final four (and probably winner) was a bit shite. 1st day this time around, a couple of 4 way melees and hopefully a few head to heads. Completely in the dark about competitors. Last season's champions aren't even officially confirmed.

I was trying to think of what I would make (if I had any mechanical/electronics ability) was thinking a drum spinner but with some sort of pneumatic pincers to try catch another bot and drag it into it a bit

I was trying to think of what I would make (if I had any mechanical/electronics ability) was thinking a drum spinner but with some sort of pneumatic pincers to try catch another bot and drag it into it a bit

Sounds fun. The problem that screams out to me about that design is the force of the drum spinner often throws robots into the air, and the pincers would have to be VERY sturdy not to follow if they were fully gripped onto the other bot.

I've got an axe bot fetish:

iu

iu

iu

I brought in a carrot and butterbean soup for lunch, but after yesterday's disappointing going to swerve it and see what's down in the canteen. my bringing lunch into work to save money lasted a whole 2 days lmao

Sounds fun. The problem that screams out to me about that design is the force of the drum spinner often throws robots into the air, and the pincers would have to be VERY sturdy not to follow if they were fully gripped onto the other bot.

I've got an axe bot fetish:

iu

iu

iu

Those are cool, but the users almost never get the timing right, that's another type that could use some sort of pincer grips.

My issue with drum spinners is just the lack of reach, figured pincers pulling something into them would help. The battlebot winner was a spinner, but not drum, so it had more reach, could almost always hit first

Those are cool, but the users almost never get the timing right, that's another type that could use some sort of pincer grips.

My issue with drum spinners is just the lack of reach, figured pincers pulling something into them would help. The battlebot winner was a spinner, but not drum, so it had more reach, could almost always hit first

It was disappointing we didn't get the Tombstone vs Minotaur final we were anticipating. The best horizontal spinner vs the best drum spinner was what I was hoping for. While the lawnmower blade has more reach, a sturdy drum sprinner could snap the blade, which has happened to Tombstone in other tournaments.

Oh, and pincers + Axe:

iu

Splinter, which debuted in season 4. One of hypnodisc's victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back