Premier League Thread 2018/19 v3: ARE YOU MORE COMITTED THAN EDEN HAZARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
does Niko make you feel crispy?

Anthony cut my hair and gave the beard a trim last time. He did a pretty good job. Not crispy tho, fam, not too sure what crispy feels like.

no player signed, no stadium, no trophies

What is Tottenham doing to do this year? No big new players, if I recall. You think they’ll compete?

Also, given that BBC article, Liverpool would have finished 3rd without some of that bad luck

If all left footed goals scored between the 33-37 minutes and right footed / headed goals between 84-90 minutes were revoked, United would have won the league.

If You Watch Only Men’s Soccer, You’re Not A Real Soccer Fan

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b573017e4b0de86f490b06a

“It promises more athleticism, drama, thrills, heartbreak and, in the United States, viewers.”

“The women get paid less, have fewer resources and are always treated as the lesser version of the exact same sport, even when they are national heroes. And I’m tired of it.”

“If I hadn’t known I was watching women, I wouldn’t have known I was watching women.”

<Lmaoo>

@Chules @Jimmy McGill

born in 2002, Jesus H.

If You Watch Only Men’s Soccer, You’re Not A Real Soccer Fan

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b573017e4b0de86f490b06a

“It promises more athleticism, drama, thrills, heartbreak and, in the United States, viewers.”

“The women get paid less, have fewer resources and are always treated as the lesser version of the exact same sport, even when they are national heroes. And I’m tired of it.”

“If I hadn’t known I was watching women, I wouldn’t have known I was watching women.”

<Lmaoo>

@Chules @Jimmy McGill
I like ladies WC footy, but can’t be bothered to watch season play.

I like ladies WC footy, but can’t be bothered to watch season play.
I’m with you. I usually enjoy some of the Women’s World Cup and Olympics, but I’m not under the delusion that it’s anywhere close to being on par with the men.

This is the post that made @Rawex decide to stay in bed today

iu
<Dany07>

What is Tottenham doing to do this year? No big new players, if I recall. You think they’ll compete?

Also, given that BBC article, Liverpool would have finished 3rd without some of that bad luck
Players Poch signs dont usually get to start games until the following window. So he has Moura & Aurier ready to compete this yr. They've got Winks back now too. It would cost Spurs 50-60m minimum to bring in the level of player that would walk into their starting XI rn. Liverpool(Naby), Utd(Fred) & Chelsea(Jorginho/Kovacic) scooped up the cream. Even City lost out. Lazio wanting 120m for Milinkovic-Savic is out their price range & French club wanting 50m for Ndombele was too much.

Hard to guage which Spurs transfer rumours have legs nowadays anyways. We were all convinced Toby was off to Utd but Ed never even put a single bid in for him. TM is nuts at the moment.

I think Spurs will compete. They've a strong starting XI, ok depth & a great coach.

Roma pulled off Nzonzi :eek:

What a squads Juve, Inter and Roma have managed to put together.

As strange as it is to say about a bloke who has won 3 CLs in a row, he's still unproven in many ways.
100% spot on.

Don't watch much la Liga but I read a lot of pundits question his tactical nous.
Yes. Madrid played some ugly football and it was just them solely relying on a stacked squad. Zizou didn't give any indication he was a tactical genius by any chance.

Players Poch signs dont usually get to start games until the following window. So he has Moura & Aurier ready to compete this yr. They've got Winks back now too. It would cost Spurs 50-60m minimum to bring in the level of player that would walk into their starting XI rn. Liverpool(Naby), Utd(Fred) & Chelsea(Jorginho/Kovacic) scooped up the cream. Even City lost out. Lazio wanting 120m for Milinkovic-Savic is out their price range & French club wanting 50m for Ndombele was too much.

Hard to guage which Spurs transfer rumours have legs nowadays anyways. We were all convinced Toby was off to Utd but Ed never even put a single bid in for him. TM is nuts at the moment.

I think Spurs will compete. They've a strong starting XI, ok depth & a great coach.

You think Alderweireld will get back into the starting XI eventually?

Caught a CSL game today on ESPN+, pretty fun 5-2 with some big names -- Renato Augusto, Jonathan Viera, Cédric Bakambu, Yannick Carrasco and Nico Gaítan.

Bakambu blew some clear shots on goal despite completing a brace.

Those Chinese players are pretty bad and the attrocious MLS-esque defending though.

100% spot on.

Yes. Madrid played some ugly football and it was just them solely relying on a stacked squad. Zizou didn't give any indication he was a tactical genius by any chance.

Unless he manages to get the PSG or Bayern job next you have to fancy him to struggle at his next job. Would not be confident he'd do well at United.

You think Alderweireld will get back into the starting XI eventually?
He's told Toby he gets a reset.

He'd struggle to get in their back 4 right now though cuz Davinson is playing well & is like grease lightning. He walks into a back 3 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back